All reviewshot waterstay there againacross the streetmotelbedsbeach
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Rooms are dirty owner can be a little more sociable and price is a little to high I stayed in a room that slept 6 and only had supplies for 4 but I do have to say the people staying here were very nice next time I will be staying closer to the boardwalk

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Jbre319
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This place was recommended by a colleague, and was a major disappointment! The rooms are very old, the refrigerators don't work. Showering is down right dangerous due to water temps that spike to scalding in all rooms. The outlets are so loose that you can't plug anything into them and management could care less about any complaints. Their standard response is, "I don't know what I can do about it!" Do not stay here!

• Stayed: June 2012
8  Thank Gizzybarks
Reviewed September 11, 2011

This was my first trip to the Concador motel and I will definitely be back. This motel is directly on the beach (no streets to cross, really). It's nothing fancy (this is Wildwood afterall) but I can say that it is affordable, clean, and family oriented. I stayed in a one room efficiency, on the second floor, which was spotless. I have an 8 month old baby and I didn't hesitate letting him crawl on the floor. My older children enjoyed playing shuffleboard, ping pong and I felt very safe letting them go into the arcade alone or even to play on the beach since I could see them from my room. The pool was heated, which was a surprise since I've stayed at other motels who advertise a heated pool but do not have one. I found the other guests to be very kind and I found the motel staff to be very helpful. We can not wait to go back next year and I have already recruited friends to join me.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Giulia5D
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The owner Maria is so unprofessional and down right rude when we asked questions. Motel is dirty and run down. Moldy bathrooms.
Pool closes at 6pm so kids couldnt enjoy the pool after the beach. The lobby was always full of 4 or 5 family members. When you walk in they all just stare at you like you're bothering them.

I will never stay at this motel again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank sara o
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Well what can I say. It was two days before Independence Day. Me and my husband were desperately calling any hotel, motel and inn in Wildwood, NJ but with no luck. And then I call Conca D'or Motel. I did read the reviews about being a small mom and pop place, but to be honest I was so desperate for a room, I would have been OK with just anything. A lady named Maria answered the phone. I said I am only looking for a room for one night, the Independence Day Eve, for two adults and two kids. She said OK, took down by name and number, and asked me what time I would be in. I said I plan to be there around 10. She said OK, we could use the pool until the room was ready, and told me that they only accepted cash or money orders. I was a little bit surprised, but I was in place to negotiate. So the next day, me, my husband and my two little ones arrived in front of the motel around 1:00 pm. Who is ever on time with two little kids? As I walk in the Front Office Maria gives me a blank look. As I am talking, she shows me a little paper where she has listed Jill as a caller, who had provided a deposit via the phone. I said that I wasn't asked for a deposit. I would have been more than happy to have provided not just a deposit, but the full amount over the phone. "I have no record of speaking with you. I am Maria, but I have no record of speaking with you" -she told me as she was giving me a blank look. How could this be? It was less then twenty hours when she had spoken to me. I guess she could afford to be as cold as she could possibly be. I was the one that had to go back in the car, explaining to two little kids as they had been more than two hours in the car through traffic, why we weren't 'there yet"! Needless to say that I felt so angry, helpless, hurt and some more angry. Maybe because I am a little old school, where a man's word is everything that they have. I took Maria's word over the phone, I trusted her and now I felt cheated. Why could she get away with this? Maybe Jill asked for two nights, and I only needed one night. Why couldn't she call me to let me know that there have been a change. In that moment I was ready to pay for three nights, just so my kids would have the day that they so long wanted. Money is nothing when you see a child's face full of joy and happiness. Apparently to Maria is just business, nothing personal. I'm sorry I took it personal, because the consenquences were very personal for me.

Room Tip: Enter at your own risk!!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family