All reviewshot waterstay there againacross the streetmotelbedsbeach
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The owner Maria is so unprofessional and down right rude when we asked questions. Motel is dirty and run down. Moldy bathrooms.
Pool closes at 6pm so kids couldnt enjoy the pool after the beach. The lobby was always full of 4 or 5 family members. When you walk in they all just stare at you like you're bothering them.

I will never stay at this motel again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank sara o
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Well what can I say. It was two days before Independence Day. Me and my husband were desperately calling any hotel, motel and inn in Wildwood, NJ but with no luck. And then I call Conca D'or Motel. I did read the reviews about being a small mom and pop place, but to be honest I was so desperate for a room, I would have been OK with just anything. A lady named Maria answered the phone. I said I am only looking for a room for one night, the Independence Day Eve, for two adults and two kids. She said OK, took down by name and number, and asked me what time I would be in. I said I plan to be there around 10. She said OK, we could use the pool until the room was ready, and told me that they only accepted cash or money orders. I was a little bit surprised, but I was in place to negotiate. So the next day, me, my husband and my two little ones arrived in front of the motel around 1:00 pm. Who is ever on time with two little kids? As I walk in the Front Office Maria gives me a blank look. As I am talking, she shows me a little paper where she has listed Jill as a caller, who had provided a deposit via the phone. I said that I wasn't asked for a deposit. I would have been more than happy to have provided not just a deposit, but the full amount over the phone. "I have no record of speaking with you. I am Maria, but I have no record of speaking with you" -she told me as she was giving me a blank look. How could this be? It was less then twenty hours when she had spoken to me. I guess she could afford to be as cold as she could possibly be. I was the one that had to go back in the car, explaining to two little kids as they had been more than two hours in the car through traffic, why we weren't 'there yet"! Needless to say that I felt so angry, helpless, hurt and some more angry. Maybe because I am a little old school, where a man's word is everything that they have. I took Maria's word over the phone, I trusted her and now I felt cheated. Why could she get away with this? Maybe Jill asked for two nights, and I only needed one night. Why couldn't she call me to let me know that there have been a change. In that moment I was ready to pay for three nights, just so my kids would have the day that they so long wanted. Money is nothing when you see a child's face full of joy and happiness. Apparently to Maria is just business, nothing personal. I'm sorry I took it personal, because the consenquences were very personal for me.

Room Tip: Enter at your own risk!!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank lol2go
Reviewed September 16, 2010

stayed here for a week 2 adults/3kids.
for the price i wasn't expecting much, but the room was plenty big with a kitchenette and cleaned daily,
the motel had a nice size pool, but the best thing is that it is right on the beach, no streets to cross! i am not saying that this place is gorgeous or modern, but for what it costs, it is very well kept up. we enjoyed our vacation too much to nit pick all the little things that might bother people that are harder to please.

over all an excellent family friendly hotel that is easy on the wallet and beautiful on the ocean views, i would recommend this hotel to anyone, and have plans to return next year.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank spurtlet
Reviewed August 11, 2010

This motel brings back memories of what Wildwood Crest once was. Family owned, friendly people, shuffleboard, ping pong, barbeque, oceanfront patio, and the beach! This is what I remember of Wildwood Crest and I am glad to see the Conca D'or is here to provide that old fashioned, make you feel at home, hospitality. The rooms were clean, and the price cannot be beat. I found the Conca D'or's prices are cheaper than any motel in the area, including those who are not on the beach (trust me, I did my research). Worth every dollar, I never knew this place was here but I have found paradise and I will definitly return.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank mangopops37
Reviewed September 10, 2008

My family just returned from a three week stay at the Conca D'or. My kids and I are already looking forward to next year! Each year we meet the same people who have now become part of the family. If you are looking for a truly oceanfront motel that is clean,affordable, and family friedly, look no further, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank joesephm