“The management needs to learn about the meaning of hospitality, DUMP!”

Beach Terrace Motor Inn
Ranked #57 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My mother and step-dad (who are senior citizens) took my special needs niece to WW with her special needs Girl Scout group. The rooms were smelled, the beds were VERY uncomfortable, they gave enough towels for one person. My mother asked If she could stay for just one night because the conditions were horrible. The tyrant, cold hearted manager refused. So much for being hospitible. My niece is 75 lbs. and the "manager" said,"how old is she?" my mom could have lied but told the truth, 17 yrs old. quickly the cold hearted, ruthless manager added another $20.00 to the bill! Are they that hard up for money? This dump is for teenagers that party, not for mature, classy people. The women who claimed to be the manager needs a hear transplant, because she could care less that good people, paying good money were duped. This place is a dump, and the bad attitude of the manager reflects that sentiment. So much for a friendly welcome to the beginning of the summer, especially after hurricane Sandy. Save your money and stay at a professionally ran hotel where hospitality is key. I will also write the better business beauro, and the WW Chamber of Commerce, what a pitiful hotel, and manager.

Room Tip: My tip, is find a realy hotel, and use trip advisor...buyer beware, study the reviews. Some hotel o...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ConnieandAnthony

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Was at this motel the weekend of May 16th, 2013. Unfortunately, we did not know that it was senior week for high school students and the Bay Terrace rents rooms to these kids. There was a cop posted on the third floor pool level, another one on the second level parking and yet another one was in the lobby and they were there the entire weekend. Next year we will make sure the motel we pick does not rent to mostly underage kids on their own. The rooms were just ok, they were clean but the curtain over the sliding doors was hanging off. We had stayed here many many years ago and stop going when the then owners did not own it anymore because it was just not the same. Thought we would again give it a chance but we would not stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank skye230
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have stayed at Beach Terrace atleast once per summer, every summer , for my whole life. I am 26 years old now. I could not imagine going to Wildwood and staying somewhere else. Beach Terrace is in the perfect location, one block from the middle of the boardwalk. Every room has a balcony with boardwalk view. A few years ago they did undergo renovations which brought along a few changes. Nice new floors in every room. Like i said, I've stayed here over 30 times in my 26 years of living and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Wildwood. My daughter is 2 years old and already has been there 4 times. I have no complaints about Beach Terrace, especially compared to the rest of the hotels around town.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jason D
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The only good thing about this motel is the location. Last time I stayed they gave us the room with no stove which is not what we payed for and the pool was green. When we complained they said " We gave you the right room! And you can walk two blocks to the isle of palms to swim." I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank moonliighttt
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel is average to slightly above average for a typical Wildwood hotel. Almost 90% of all Wildwood hotels are older. They are pretty well kept, but they're usually not luxury suites that you're staying in. The Beach Terrace is clean, with a friendly staff. The rooms are slightly outdated, but they're kept clean and the prices are reasonable. My only word of caution is, if you stay, request a higher floor. If you stay near pool level, it can be noisy, but it does end promptly in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Im-Batman1971
Reviewed February 20, 2013

PROS:

- One of the best / clean hotels in Wildwood
- Two block or less away from boardwalk
- Few blocks away from Rite Aid
- Liquor store a block away
- Front desk is friendly and caring
- More space for extra guests
- Stood there twice (2011 & 2012) ; planning on going there again this year for Memorial Weekend
- On my previous stay I left one of my bags there, they kept it safe in the process of me sending a box for it - nothing was lost
- Check in/out time is flexible

CONS:
- Doors don't lock
- Entrance door is difficult to open sometimes

Room Tip: Ocean View & non-smoking rooms are the best
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jess r
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The front desk staff were nice and maintenance and housekeeping responsive most of the time. The parking areas are dark at night. Internet is not free. The rooms were fairly clean and the housekeeping staff responded to our special requests. It is close to the boardwalk. Wildwood in general would not be my first choice to visit in the future.

Room Tip: A lower room would not be as scary for small children
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends