“Best Stay ever in Wildwood. Definitely will be back next year!!!!”

Beach Terrace Motor Inn
Ranked #52 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Sewell, New Jersey
“Best Stay ever in Wildwood. Definitely will be back next year!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

I stayed at this motel, in room 502 and I was so pleased about how professional the staff were during our stay. We stayed on the week of the earthquake and before the hurricaine hit. When we entered our room I was so pleased about how clean the room was. I had the suite with an efficiency. The kitchen, oven, microwave and refrigerator were very clean. It was nice to have maid service every day and the maid we had was very pleasant. Talk about location, this hotel is located across from the boardwalk overlooking the large ferris wheel. It was so convenient to walk to the boardwalk and saved my family money on parking since we just walked versus park to get to the boardwalk. On the day of the evacuation because of the impending hurricaine, my mini van would not start and I went to the front desk to ask for help. The front desk person was very nice and immediately made a phone call and suddenly 15 minutes later she had someone help us start our minivan. Talk about service, this hotel gave us the BEST service I have ever had in Wildwood. I strongly recommend this hotel and I cannot wait to stay in this hotel next year.

Edwin M, Sewell, NJ

Room Tip: We stayed in room 502. It was nice to have a room with a view of the boardwalk. It was also nice t...
1 Thank Edwin M

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Westbrook, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

We had a great stay at this motel. The suite was clean and had an excellent view of the ocean from the balcony. It was centrally located and a block from the boardwalk. Sherry etal at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The pool was crystal clear and clean. One night we did hear loud music from a nightclub close by but what do you expect. You're at the beach!! I've stayed in different motels in Wildwood and this is the best. Whoever is giving this motel a bad review and saying the staff is sarcastic, unhelpful etc may have an attitude of their own. Lighten up people. If you want the Ritz then stay at the Ritz! As for me I can't say enough nice things about this motel. I work in customer service myself and find if you treat the staff right they will reciprocate. It is a great motel for the price. We can't wait to go back again next year. Sherry I will be talking to you after the first of the year. You're the best !! Margaret H, Westbrook, CT

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank margaret h
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

When I review hotels, I evaluate them for what they are. I'm not compare this (or any hotel in Wildwood, in fact) to a posh island resort, or a luxurious city hotel. It's a room, one you drop your stuff in, and hit between spending the day at the beach, and heading out for dinner or a night on the boards. So, for that, it was fine. Not great. but fine.

Here's what's right. The rooms are enormous. Three of us stayed, and we had loads of room to sprawl out. There were two separate rooms, divided by a smaller room with a sink and lots of closet space. Two TVs, spacious mini-fridge. The air conditioner blasted freezing, and the balcony was rather huge. It was a pleasant place to lounge around. The beds were...firm. Ok, not great, but again, for the price of the room they were completely fine.

Because of the size of the rooms, and the affordability of them, this place is GREAT for huge families. That's definitely a plus, if you're traveling with a large group. Even better if you can nab one of their many specials, throughout the year.

The location is top notch, it's a block away from the boardwalk and right smack in the center of a lot of Wildwood's attractions. The parking was plentiful and convenient, which is nice. We've stayed in other places around here and had to use meter parking, or park 9 blocks away. So, their huge parking lot is a real plus.

The day-to-day housekeeping was good, our bedding was clean, the towels were fresh and plentiful (if small) and the housekeeper diligently showed up at our room between 9:30 and noon. The room was stocked with extra blankets and pillows, which was nice.

Some of the things that we had problems with were more about the grounds than our actual room. With a little more attention to details (some small, some not so small) I think this place could be a four or a five, overall. But, it's hard to go that high, when a lot of the stuff seemed like it could be fixed with a little care.

For example, the elevators were filthy and stank like either fish, bad food, hot garbage, or some soupy amalgam of the three the whole time. The hallways where one waited for the stinky elevators were even stinkier at times, same for the stairs It was a rough first impression. These elevators are a main artery of the hotel, no one goes to and from their rooms without traveling through either them, or the stairs. Normally I'm not picky, but when you're going up and down all day, it's totally unavoidable.

The pool was cleaned every morning, but the pool deck got messy, and stayed that way. Ash trays that were filled the previous day, stayed filled, and things were just left in disarray. Garbage cans that were full at night, were still full in the morning, in public areas around the hotel. The room next to us put a bag of garbage out onto the walkway sometime in the evening, and late in the morning, it was not only still there, but seagulls had gotten into it and spread last night's dinner all over the walkway in front of our room.

Some of the deeper cleaning in our room could have been better. I used to clean office buildings for a living, so maybe I see what others don't, but the tops of light fixtures, windows, behind doors, stuff like that could have used some attention. Our sliding glass door was smudgy and spotty, too. Again, it didn't make us angry, but we sort of had a "they couldn't just dust the top of this light? Really?" feeling. Little things.

We weren't like, outraged, or anything, but Beach Terrace has so many good things going for it, it's a shame to see neglect in other areas. Managers, if you read this, do a walk through, notice stuff that your customers notice. This place has a lot of good potential!

4 Thank Lilija
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

The room was dirty..hair all over the bathroom. Floor in the entire room was flithy. We stayed there 1st week in Aug 2011...heighth of the season. Sheets & blankets were dirty & worn. The towels were stained & sandy...and these were supposedly clean!!! The foreign guy working the night desk could have cared less cuz he was too busy texting. The old ladies during the day smoked outside & reeked. The best thing I could say about this place was location to the Boardwalk. But the place is a dump. The cleaning staff was nice when u asked them for things... I asked them on the next day to clean up for the hair in the shower & they did do that... I thought it was way overpriced for what we got. The Beds were hard as a rock too. But I showed up last minute & could not choose my hotel...next time I will plan ahead!!!

2 Thank ickyba

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

I've stayed at many motels at Wild Wood and this is officially my favorite! My family and I were on the same level as the pool which was awesome, the balcony area was very nice, which every room has. The motel was more so like a hotel if anything, which is why I probably liked it so much. It's VERY close to all the good restaurants, entertainment bars, water park and boardwalk! We didn't get a chance to go to the restaurant that is on the lower level of the hotel, but it was always very busy each night and I also know they had a $13.00 buffet which had quite the menu, so it's something I would definitely check out next time. The only things I didn't like was, the staff(front desk) were not mean but they weren't friendly either, they could work on their customer service; the maids and maintenance workers however were rather nice. Also the shades in the front of all the rooms were a day away from collapsing into pieces. It was very old and broken up and people can see right into your room. Luckily the first room is just a living room, and you have to go through a door to get to the large bedroom and bathroom area. So you can always close it at nights and in bed so no one can see you. But other than that I had a lot of fun, the place was very nice and clean and I'd definitely go back again.

Room Tip: If you have kids or like the pool request a room on the third floor
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

We had a great stay at the Beach Terrace . It is centrally located in the middle of all the fun . The kids didn't have far to go to find fun . Splash Zone is right across the street . The hotel was clean and the staff very nice . We'll be staying here again next summer .

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

After 5 hour drive with 3 children age 6,5,& 4 arrived early for check in at 12:00 noon.
Since check in is 3:00 let them know we had arrived so they could get head start on pre-paid rooms. Thought we could get kids changed and use bathroom and head to beach until rooms were ready, but NO there aren't any. told to use bathroom in restaurant.
Took a 2 and 1/2 hour walk on boardwalk waiting for call rooms were ready 2:30 took 3 very tired children back to lobby NO! rooms not ready yet! Sat in lobby till 3:00 still NO ROOMS! Ask receptionist for room it is 3:00, response there working on it.(ok? since 12:00) Also by this time restaurant is closed -no bathroom for 3 kids! 3:05 NO ROOMS
Other people arriving thoughout this time go to rooms!? 3:10 NO ROOMS 3:15 NO ROOMS! 3:20 -- Very rude very unapologetic receptionist says here take these rooms yours are still not done, to which our reply was we assume we'll be getting a discount for all of the inconvenience to which the reply was NO! The rooms we were given were on the pool level no balcony which the rooms we were to have had. And they were filthy!
Will never stay there again!

2 Thank randy h