“AMAZING”

Riviera Resort & Suites
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We booked this hotel 2 weeks before we were suppose to leave. The hotel was extremly clean and the staff was friendly! I would recommend this room to anyone wanting a nice vaction at the Jersey Shore.

Reviewed August 14, 2010

We stayed two nights in one of the Jacuzzi suites as that was all that was available. The room was very clean and Beth was very helpful at the front desk. Unfortunately our upstairs lodger was ruthless. Before going out for the night they would be throwing things around the room. They would get back late and be walking around with elephant feet and moving furniture for extended periods late.

There were no tissues in the room nor was shampoo or conditioner provided. I believe I would try somewhere else on a return visit.

2  Thank Odojoe
Reviewed August 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed half a dozen times at the Riviera. We just got back from a four night stay August 7-11, 2010. Once again it impressed my husband and me. Given the price point and location, you simply can't beat the Riviera.

From calling to make reservations to our check out, our stay at the Riviera was seamless. I travel for both work and leisure and no hotel staff has ever been consistently personable and helpful. Ensuring your stay is a pleasant one is their first priority. The cleaning people are very thorough in the rooms, the pools are well maintained.

2  Thank tinyriho
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Riviera Resort in Wildwood NJ. Our 2 criteria for rating a hotel room is cleanliness and affordability. We were pleased in both these areas. The room was very clean, and it was kept clean every day. The staff was so friendly and organized whether we needed to call them or when we checked in/out. They also recommended great restaurants.
There was a nice pool which was also kept very clean. We had our own balcony and enjoyed quite a bit of time out there.
We stayed in a room which had a great bathroom with a jacuzzi and steam shower. The bed was king-sized and comfy. There was no smell of smoke at all in the room. The room's decor was a bit outdated, but the TV was upgraded to a wall-mounted flat panel TV!

1  Thank kristinryan
Reviewed July 23, 2010

First of all, I just read the most recent review (one below mine) and I would tell anyone to completely disregard that person. They gave this place a 1 because they were angry that they had to pay up front??? I mean come on, of course you have to pay up front, they can't have people sneaking out in the morning without paying. And why on Earth would you be taking a vacation if you had no money in the bank??? Something sounds fishy.

With that being said, I did a lot of research before booking a place and was very happy with my choice. (Stayed July 18-21) You can't beat the location and the staff were soooo nice. We stayed in a mini-suite. It had a small living room with a pull out couch, a kitchen area (microwave, sink & fridge) the main bedroom & bathroom. We used the living room to set up our baby's pack & play, and so that was "her room" . It was extremely clean, and again the staff was so nice and accomodating. The pool area was great, very clean. And all of the people staying there were pleasant (not very noisy at all). I got a discount with my Triple A card, so that saved me like $20 a day. Air conditioner worked great! Had to turn it down many times because it got so cold so fast. My husband slept great, the bed was a little firmer than I'm used to, so that's my only complaint, and believe me it will not stop me from staying there next year. This place is a gem in the midst of many, many motels. You can pretty much walk anywhere, although with the baby we chose to drive to a few restaurants & it was soooooo hot this week. You will be happy if you choose to stay here, anyone who gave it a bad review must be out of their mind, seriously.

FYI...we ate at some excellent places (Uncle Bill's Pancake House, Schellenger's, Little Italy, Dragon House, Doo Wop Diner, Mack's Pizza...I will try to write reviews for all, but they were all very good and worth checking out)

Also if you have kids, try to get to the Cape May Zoo, it's about 20 minutes away & FREE!!!! (although you should give something as a donation, we gave $10)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2010

After staying at this hotel previously two years in a row, my 3 yr. old son and I decided to stay here one again for our vacation. 1st night room deposit was paid for a month in advance. We were going to stay for 3 days. I arrived on a Tuesday and was informed by the clerk that I had to have the rest of my money for the remaining two days. I did not know this. Every other hotel I stayed at charges you at the end of your stay. I told the women that I got paid on Wed. and since I had already paid for the first night, could she wait for the remaining money the next day since my check was direct deposited. She knew my name from previous stays and knew I had always paid my bill. She said no. Policy was all money up front. I started to cry because I could not believe she was going to throw me out with a young child all because she could not wait one more day for the rest of the money. She didn't care and started to tell me that I should be glad I'm getting my 1st night deposit money refunded because normally, one wouldn't with a cancellation. I could not believe it! I left and went across the street to THE HEART OF WILDWOOD HOTEL. The gentlemen there was so friendly and told me he had a room and I could pay for it at the end of my stay. He told me to take the money that I had today and go enjoy the boardwald activities with my 3 yr. old. God bless him! I paid for everything the next day when my check was deposited. I would NEVER stay at the Riviera again even if they paid me to. Money hungry, rotton people!!

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
9  Thank kaybeem
Reviewed June 30, 2010

As usual - another great stay at the Riviera. Beth, Reggie & Geoff keep the place running perfect. The accomodations were wonderful and clean. They really take care of their property and all that work there are friendly. Can't wait for my next trip!
Anne C.