“Best place on the Island”
Review of Starfire Motel

Starfire Motel
Ranked #17 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Savannah, Georgia
“Best place on the Island”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I've previously stayed in many hotels in Wildwood but our family decided to try a different pick this summer. Upon entering the Starfire motel, a family own place, we were greeted with a warm welcome. This place is in front of the boardwalk and there is a bike rental across the street, were my kids, wife and I enjoyed one of those 4 wheel bikes with the canopy on top. The convention center is only a few blocks away and there are a few elegant restaurants in walking distances.
The rooms are very clean and there is a barbecue next to the pool. I can still remember cooking some hamburgers and watching my kids enjoy the pool. It was truly a great experience and I am looking forward to returning this year. Thank you Starfire motel for making our vacation so pleasurable!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
8 Thank JohnStewart13

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Starfire Motel is very cute with comfortable rooms and a great location. Located near one end of the boardwalk closer to the convention center, it's just a hop, skip and a jump away from the water, but in an area that's not too crowded. The best part of the motel is the staff. Family owned, they really care about the comfort of their customers and will take care of you with a smile on their face. Friendly and fun, I would recommend this motel to anyone planning on staying just a night or a week in Wildwood!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank adunn25
Reviewed July 2, 2010

This place and the staff are EXCEPTIONAL!! We stayed with 5 grands. Very clean, very convenient on the quiet end, near the beach with a beautiful ocean view, the pool is clean and beautiful, friendly people. There's a grill near the pool your family can use, really a nice place to enjoy Wildwood, a great value and a wise choice. We will come back.

• Stayed June 2011
9 Thank Gatorgalpa
Bronx, NY
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My family and I liked the hotel. It was clean and it the owners were nice. My son wants to spend his vacation here every year!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
9 Thank GulBronx_NY
Toledo, OH
Reviewed September 27, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Starfire this summer. It is one of the doo wop motels. The price is very reasonable compared to others in the area. It is located very near to the beach and boardwalk. The staff is very friendly and helpful. What surprised us was how quiet the rooms are. All the entrances to the rooms are from the exterior - no noisy hallways like modern motels. The old construction must be vastly superior to todays methods. A family with several young children stayed in the room next to ours. We never heard them when we were in our room. Highly Recommended.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
8 Thank red050
tiamarianj
Reviewed April 21, 2009

This year will be our 5th year @ Starfire, usually over Labor Day Weekend. My parents stayed there too in '07 & '08. We always have lots of fun at the pool and grilling. The owners are great. The main part of the boardwalk is a hike from the motel, but that doesn't bother us and if you want, just wait for the tram. Bike rental is right near by and entrance to the beach w/ the bathroom and shower to rinse right there. The convention center is right there too. There is a fridge and microwave in every room so you can bring milk and cereal for breakfast, drinks and quick snacks to help save expenses. They put out a coffee cart in the morning and you can get internet-just ask. It is a great classic beach motel and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
8 Thank tiamarianj
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 31, 2007

I've been staying at the Starfire Motel since I was 12. I'm now 30. I grew up going there with my parents and some of their friends and kids. Now I'm 30 with a family of my own, and we continue to stay here year after year. My kids are 5 and 5 months now, and they enjoy it as well. The ownership has changed hands a few times over the past 18 years, but the service remains good. Is it a big highrise resort? NO! It's a quaint, clean, quiet place to stay with your family. It's a block to 2 from the very southern end of the boardwalk, and sits on Ocean Ave just behind the boardwalk. There are no obstructions between the Motel and the boardwalk, so, if you get a room on the 2nd floor, you can still see the ocean. The pool is always clean, the rooms are well maintained, and if there is something wrong, the owners always fix it for you as quickly as they can. There is a nice surf shop across the street and a place to rent bikes. It is a bit of a walk to the games and rides on the boardwalk, but thats what the tram car is for. If you don't want the tram, it's a enjoyable walk. The best part of the walk is at the end of the night. It tires out the kids, that way when you get back to the room, they are ready for bed. That gives mom and dad a few moments of peace, maybe even enough time to have a cocktail. My family and I will continue to frequent this Motel for many years to come.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
7 Thank adi23das
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Aqua Beach Resort
#18 of 76 in Wildwood
Riviera Resort & Suites
Riviera Resort & Suites
#9 of 76 in Wildwood

Been to Starfire Motel? Share your experiences!