“Great place to enjoy Wildwood”
Review of Rus Mar Motel

and 1 more site!
Rus Mar Motel
Ranked #22 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Burlington, New Jersey, United States
“Great place to enjoy Wildwood”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I recently enjoyed two nights at the Rus Mar. It was clean, comfortable and had a friendly staff. The price was competitive. For animal overs, the motel allowed pets so many happy residents enjoyed having their animals with them. The motel is just across the street from the main Wildwood beach in plane view of the ocean. Rus Mar is also near to the boardwalk. It is a great place, conveniently located. We plan to return soon!

Room Tip: Upstairs room #3 faces the ocean and has a great view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kim C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bordentown, New Jersey
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Had a chance to stay for a weekend in June and loved it! Super friendly, helpful staff, super clean rooms, fantastic location right across the street from the beach and was wowed it was pet friendly!! Reasonably priced, convenient to everything, loved sitting on the balcony and seeing the famous "Wildwood" sign by the Convention Center. Couldn't have been happier.....would highly recommend it if they have any openings as they seem to be such a hit!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MommaVickie
Philadelphia
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was so happy to find a place to stay with my 2 dogs in Wildwood. Great location. I was so pleasantly surprised how CLEAN the room was. The staff was so nice and accommodating. When I was out I ran into others that even mentioned how nice the people that work at the Ru mar are to everyone. The room was a little small but very clean and had everything we needed. I felt very comfortable and safe leaving my dogs in the room when we went out. Their were many other dogs at the motel which gave the motel a warm about it. The dogs and there owners made it even nicer to be around other warm hearted friendly people. I would stay here if I were a bringing my dogs or not. I think you should too, as long as they still have a spot for me. Lol! Have a nice trip!

Room Tip: I like the rooms up stairs so you can sit on the balcony with you dog and look at the beach. But the...
Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nickeda
Magnolia, NJ
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is the first time we stayed at the Rus Mar Motel. We will definitely be back. The rooms are clean. You can sit on the balcony and watch the beach. Great location. Right across the street from the ocean/boardwalk. All the people that work at the motel are very friendly and helpful. We are trying to plan our next trip and this is where we will stay. Can't wait to come back!!!! :-)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stephanie d
Burlington, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We just stayed at the Rus Mar and had a marvelous experience. The rooms were so so clean! We were right across from the beach and spent the day watching the ocean. I never feel like i am at the shore if I can't see the water. If you want a clean place to stay in a great location check out the Rus Mar. They don't have a pool but like the manager said they have the ocean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michael872
Willingboro, New Jersey
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed at the Rus Mar this July and it was a great experience. I was nervous because I saw they took pets and I thought it might be dirty. Wow! I could not have been more pleased. It was by far the cleanest room I ever stayed in. The tile floors were clean and the entire room smelled great. They even wash the comforters after each stay. Mine smelled clean and fresh. When I sat in front of my room I could see the ocean and I felt the stress leave! The staff is friendly and Ed the manager is always available with advice on restaurants or activities. I will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: Get second floor it is a great view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This July 4th weekend we went back to the Rus Mar Motel with our two dogs, and son. 3 grown people and 2 large dogs might be cramped quarters, but we had no problems whatsoever. Ed and Emil did everything to get us back into the same room we had last year. This may not matter to some folks, but we really like the location and layout.

The hotel underwent renovation work after the storm, and in addition to a fresh coat of paint, there is new furniture. The rooms are simple, very clean and cheery. Hotel Management also procured another wifi system to ensure all rooms have seamless coverage. We enjoyed fresh clean fluffy towels and linens brought to us daily by wonderfully attentive staff, and in the morning, made quick trips to the office for fresh brewed coffee in oversized to go cups.

It is nearly impossible to find a hotel that will allow my two 100+ pups to come along, let alone not charge an exorbinate pet fee; so the Rus Mar is truly a treasure as they are so reasonable! My in-laws down the street paid more than double what I did, and were no more comfortable.

Comfortable, an excellent beach location and accomodating staff - the hotel has what you need and works very hard to ensure your satisfaction! I highly recommend the Rus Mar and will be back!

• Stayed July 2013