“Great location for a weekend at Wildwood”
Review of Casa del Sol Motel

Casa del Sol Motel
Ranked #26 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed August 23, 2010

The parking lots were pretty packed, but we were lucky and got a single spot vs. the double up on the side of the building, and we didn't run into any dripping from the pool/AC. The management was very accommodating to our needs. The location is right on the boardwalk, so it was very convenient to get around. There was a swimming pool and a hose to clean off the sand from the beach. The room itself was clean and the spacing did not feel cluttered. The sink is placed in the same room as the bedroom, but it was not a hassle to get to. The bathroom was small, but there was a sufficient amount of towels and amenities provided. The lighting in the room was average as the only light source came from the sink area. There is also a reading light, but the lighting did not bother us. The A/C was strong throughout the night, so no complaints there. The beds were pretty stiff, but overall the atmosphere was pretty quiet so we slept well. Also, there was free wi-fi available, but the management did inform us it was available nor the password needed to use it. It is definitely not a 5 star hotel, but it has everything you would need for a weekend trip in Wildwood.

Like: The service, the hose for the beach, location
Dislike: How sandy the floor gets if you bring back sand from the beach (which is not the hotel's fault), Wifi?

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
volleyballmomPa, General Manager at Casa del Sol Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2010

If anyone has questions about our property and is looking for a third parties opinion, then here is one that is accurate from their point. I can not disagree with them. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again next year if not sooner.

Reviewed August 22, 2010

Pros:
-Convenient location right next to boardwalk
-Affordable price (through online booking)
-Small outdoor pool available for customer use
-Room was clean and orderly

Cons:
-Only one parking spot per booked room --> if you've arrived with more than one car, you'll need to find parking outside of the motel, which might be difficult
-'Piggyback' parking system (parking two cars deep) can be very annoying if your car is on the inside
-Somewhat cramped bathroom --> toilet and bathtub/shower on the inside
-General staff was not easily found (though because we stayed one night, we didn't require their help)

I stayed one day and one night in a regular room (as opposed to the larger suite) at the Casa del Sol Motel with several friends while visiting the Wildwood beach. Our room was very clean when we arrived.

There was a commotion the first night involving our neighbors, a group of college-aged people, and the manager of the hotel resolved the situation fairly quickly with the aid of the police and without bothering us.

Bottom line:
This is not a hotel for someone who expects high-class service and accommodations, BUT I would say my friends and I got what we paid for, which was a basic (but neat and clean) room with a great location, at least for those looking to explore the boardwalk and beach.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
volleyballmomPa, General Manager at Casa del Sol Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2010

I thought this review was sat up very nice and is pretty much on the money. Your pro's and con's are a great insight to our property. I would just like to say one thing about the group that was removed from the property. This is a perfect example of why motels just do NOT except under the age of 25 years old, they just simply do not know how to act. However this was a group of mixed ages. The group that was here didn't respect themselves, each other or other people around them. And I do want to sincerely apologize for the disturbance, thankfully it was early enough in the evening and we were able to resolve it quickly. That is what I am about resolving matters quickly if I AM able. And the Wildwood City Police are Awesome, they respond and get the job done. Hope to have you back, Leslie, Property Manager

Reviewed August 22, 2010

Clean rooms with granite floors, a dresser, television, microwave, minifridge, bathroom, table, and dresser. It is literally a minute away from the boardwalk (near Roberts). Don't expect a luxury hotel with room service and expensive mattresses. The staff was courteous and accommodating. Would definitely recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends

A huge Thank you, To you this is us totally. We have no hidden agenda. We would love to have you back again. Visit us online for a great rate for our fabulous rooms.

Reviewed August 22, 2010

Do not stay here. I read the reviews and didn't listen. It is even worse than the worst reviews. First of all the office is so small I could hardly turn around and hit my head on the ceiling light. The lady at the front desk said curtly, "Now I see you only registered for 2 but I saw two people get out and walk down the street." That was a lie. It was just me and my wife. Then she demanded a $20 deposit for the room keys.
The parking was so tight we could hardly carry our bags to the stairs. The room was a nightmare. It smelled of smoke. The floor was sticky. One of the old, rickety chairs had a huge stain on it. I put 2 towels on that chair and sat down. Soon I noticed the stain had soaked through the towels. Then I sat on the bed and leaned against the headboard and the bed rolled away from the wall! The fridge area was so tight we could hardly get into the fridge. We had a deluxe room but there was nothing deluxe about that hole.
At night their is no manager at the dump and you have to go across the street to the Nantucket motel. I went over to complain about the stain on the chair and the guy said he can't help me because he's just the night manager.
All in all it'd be an ok motel for Wildwood but it's not worth more than $50 per night. If you go to Wildwood do not book on Expedia or Orbitz. Most of the hotels down there aren't on those sites because they are seasonal.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phillyphan16

I work in this office, and while it is small, you the guest spend less than 10 minutes mostly 5 minutes in it tops. Anytime someone makes a reservation thru another company we would appreciate confirming how many people will be in the room, due to emergencies. Never know when we may have to evacuate a building. It was a simple, innocent question not to be blown out of proportion. Once again, someone didn't read the "guest rules" otherwise you would have known I was going to ASK until I recieved the key deposit from you. Oh, remeber you gave me $11 for the key deposit that everybody gets back as long as they do not loose their keys. And you said your going to give me $20 dollars back right? Let's see, you give me $11, you get back.... $11.00. The room was fine I offered to move you and you stayed where you were. The chair the next day when you mentioned about a stain. The maid brought it to me the chair and it was as if; someone recently dumped a soft drink on the cushion. We changed it out and it was fine. Correct at night after 10pm this office is closed and all Emergencies get handled across the street. Last sentence says it is an OK motel for Wildwood, when you reserve thru many different places you pay all the fees included. A very confused person.
Sorry things weren't better for you. Leslie, Property Manager

Reviewed August 16, 2010

I searched for months to find a decent Wildwood hotel. Clearly, I misjudged. This place really is a dump. And no one cares. All of the above complaints are true. You have to park "piggybacked" and it's up to you to find the guy behind you if you want to get out. And the extremely low overhang drips on your car. The office is only open a few hours a day, and other than that - forget it. No phone in the room to call the front desk. Upon check-in, the manager goes through a littany of rules. The keys are the old kind, and don't lose one or you get charged. They don't volunteer the wireless internet info, you have to ask. And don't even try to get access in your room - you have to sit outside. Even then, it's weak.
The bathroom is REALLY bad. Extremely tiny, and dark. The shower barely dribbles, and there was a big wet spot with MOLD above the shower. The toilet paper is 1-ply crap. Towel bar in bathroom broken off, and nowhere to hang things.
Upon asking if we could be refunded on the second day to go elsewhere, we were of course told no. And when we checked out, she asked if the issues in the room were resolved. I told her no, and her response was "We're only open 3 months out of the year."
HORRIBLE. We now call it Case Del HOLE.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

It is not up to you the guest to find the person behind you; the room number is marked on the individuals parking tag that is visible inside the person's car that is parked on the lot. And if they are not inside the room we call them on their cell phone. Eveyone has been very considerate of others and we haven't had any problems. Certain people complain about the inconvenience of it at check-in but find out by the time they leave; they forgot all about it. Of course there are no phones in the rooms everyone has a cell phone now, people do not even has house phones these days. I try to be helpful, I am sure if I sent most guest out the door at check-in more than half of them wouldn't know that feeding the Sea Gulls is a $500 city ordinance fine. Did you? I don't want to see others have the same heart ache I have expereinced for myself. I guess that is someone that doesn't care..... I resolved this ladies issues and that is why I asked her if everything was OK. I trust in our staff and know that they do a great job getting this establishment open and keeping it going for the short time it is open. Thank you for response, Leslie, Property Manager

Reviewed August 15, 2010

Do not be deceived by the online photos. It's a dump. Old, dirty, not enough parking. The woman at the front desk was rude and the office was filthy.
There are many nice and clean hotels on ther boardwalk. This isnt the only one close to Morey's Piers. Don't waste your time on this dump.
Sign in the office reads" No Manager or Owner on premises" In other words, don't bother to complain, the woman clearly doesn't care.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

The photos online are exactly like the real thing. The rooms have been renovated last year, and there are clean. We have enough parking to accomodate our guest, one spot for each unit. Before you make bogus remaks about parking count to 22 next time. 22 rooms, 22 parking spaces I'd be happy to point them out. The lady that "Works" here cares about her job, the guests, and both positive & negative comments. The sign you are references to reads this, "Manager on Property" and list the number to the property.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

thre room was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful when u asked information on sights. the only complaint we had was the shower pressure it was very slow and took along time to get a shower. parking also u had to park each other in and if u wanted out u had to hope the person behind u was in there room or u did not leave. other then that we had a very nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
volleyballmomPa, General Manager at Casa del Sol Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2010

First I need to thank this person for acknowledging that the room was Very Clean as a vass major majority of all the reviews have previous done also. I am not sure if this particular person mentioned about the problem with the water pressure or not... But if they had it could have been corrected. If you stay at this motel and you have ANY problem, or question. All problems will be solved with patience and all questions will be answered with kindness. Parking becomes what you make of it. It can work for you or against you. Thank you for spending the time to write this review.