“Great spot friendly staff”

Juan Pablo's Margarita Bar
Ranked #100 of 166 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Corner Garfield & Pacific
Transit: N/A
Description: Freshly made authentic Mexican American cuisine... and the most extensive tequila and margarita menu at the Jersey Shore!
Reviewed September 9, 2009

We never miss visiting Juan's every time we are in Wildwood, great value and always a fun time.

Reviewed August 2, 2009

We had a restaurant.com gift certificate for Juan Pablo's and so we made it a point to have one of our meals there on our recent vacation and I am so glad we did! We will definitely be going back to Juan Pablo's year after year. When we first pulled up, I thought it just looked okay from the outside. Then we walked in and saw one of the coolest-looking bar/restaurants I have been in in a while. The bar area is brick with ceiling-high mirrored glass shelves displaying the different bottles of liquor. The entire place had leopard-print seats on the chairs and benches and red table cloths that just gave it a very cool look. We were seated on the lower level, but there was a loft area that looked very nice and had some smaller pub style tables in the same decor and there were also two sets of glass doors on our level that appeared as though they opened up to the outside patio area for the late night "margarita crowds". We went early in the afternoon shortly after they opened and were the only customers in there at the time, which was great, especially since we had a 6 and 9 year old with us. This place just appears as though it turns into more of a margarita bar than a restaurant after a certain hour so early afternoon was a great time to visit with children. The food was excellent! My husband ordered the chicken caesar wrap and said it was his favorite food he ate on our trip. I got the four cheese potato poblano enchiladas and they were delicious and the kids both enjoyed their meals (which came with a beverage in a re-usable plastic cup and a scoop of ice cream at the end of the meal). This probably was the nicest meal we had on our vacation that we were trying to do on a budget, but it was not the most expensive. For the price we paid ($73 including tax and tip for 3 adults and 2 children) this meal was well worth it and I can't wait to go back again next year.

Reviewed July 18, 2009

Can't not say enough about the Margarita's - they are big & tasty. And a great selection. I had the fish tacos - not what I would have expected; deep fried fish of some description in a soft shell taco. I was expecting something fresher and certainly not deep fried. The nacho's appetizer was average - really nothing overly special or authentic about the food. The atmosphere is good - really cool looking bar. Funky sort of decor. A good place for families with teens. Have them walk the few steps to the boardwalk, and savor some after dinner martinis.

Reviewed July 21, 2008

this is my favorite place to eat in wildwood.
they have great food, amazing service, its clean,
and the staff is great.
prices are reasonable...
bring a sweater its chilly in there.

Reviewed July 17, 2008

This was our second trip to Juan Pablo's. We first went two years ago and thought the food was pretty decent. We went back again this year, and while it wasn't exactly terrible, it wasn't very good. The chips were hard and stale-tasting, and I got the feeling they had been sitting out for a long, long time. The salsa was mediocre for a Mexican restaurant, and our nachos appetizer, that was supposed to be covered with cheese, beans, jalepenos....ect...was pretty bare. I ordered a pina colada and got nothing but what looked and tasted like a wine glass full of ice with a small drop of pineapple juice and a pinch of alcohol. Our meals were alright, my burrito was pretty decent, however I found that it was lukewarm, and everyone else in our party also said their food wasn't hot. I got the feeling that our meals were not freshly prepared because of this (they also came out suspiciously fast). The service was the only upside - prompt, helpful, and nice. The place was also very clean, I'll give them that. Overall we felt the place was much better 2 years ago and has gone way downhill. We will not be returning and will instead go to Bandana's for Mexican food, although I feel that they are not as clean as Juan Pablo's, the food is much better.