Newport Beach Resort
AA Heart of Wildwood Motels(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$200
Blue Palms(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$205
Brittany Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$165
Nantucket Inn & Suites(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$73
Tropicana Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$72
$65
Dolphin Inn(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$98
$83
The StarLux Hotel & Suites(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$211
Daytona Inn(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$109
$89
Hotels.com
The Sand Box Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$148
$125
Lu Fran Motel(Wildwood)
$159
All reviewsacross the streetroom was cleantwo bedroom suiteconvention centermattresseskeysmaintenanceblast
Reviewed May 12, 2008

We checked in on May 8th 2008 and went up to our room and opened the balcony door and it fell off almost into the pool then we went out for a while and when we returned later that night we walked into the room to find out that the lights didnt work i had to rig up the lights to come on. It was cold outside and i went to turn the heat on and it didnt work at all the bathroom sink barely worked and the water took about 20 min to get warm. May 9th my friend came down and went to check into his room which we have reserved about two months in advance and they were supposed to have the room next to us and they gave his room away i dont understand because if you reserve a room 2 months in advance dont you think you should come first that was not the case. I can go on for hours about the crappy time we had but i dont have the time. I read the other revirews and they all pretty much hit it right on the head with what they said. Please do yourself a favor and dont stay here it is one of the worst places i have ever stayed

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank malibuNewJersey
Reviewed March 28, 2008

My family and I have been staying at the Newport for the last five years. We go there three times a year, once in May for a weekend, in July for a week, and in October for a last weekend before the winter. This place is a wonderful family motel, it is extremely clean, and well maintained. The location is ideal because you are in front on the beach and boardwalk, with the amusement piers only a few blocks away. We love the pool, and the Subway restaurant. If you stay at this place, you will want to return. It is a family who runs the place, and they make you feel like there family.

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed August 23, 2007

it was "old looking" not the renovated look it advertised on its web page. we were there three nights and never had maid service, towels, etc, no dish detergent to even do the dishes (we were in efficiency) could not even use the phone in room to call the front desk without paying deposit. for the high room rate we were disappointed. we will never stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank suie1
Reviewed August 7, 2007

Just returned from a vacation on August 3rd and stayed at the Newport Beach Resort with my 8 year old daughter and her friend. I haven't been to Wildwood in at least 15 years and really didn't know what to expect as changes always go on. I've read good and bad reviews about the changes there, but thought I would take a chance and hopefully let my daughter experience the good memories I had as a child. I booked it directly through the hotel with Virginia, who was very accomodating. Every question I asked she answered and if she didn't know at the moment she called me back with the answers. I found it kind of odd sending a deposit in with a check as opposed putting it on a credit card, but soon got confirmation back in form of a hand written card when my deposit was received. After driving alone with two 9 year olds in the car for 4 hours I just pretty much wanted to check in and relax a bit. Check in went fine but was soon told the "elevator that couldn't was broke"! Again, Virginia was very accomodating and had a staff person down to the car to retreive our luggage. We arrived to our room (505) and it was clean and accomodating. Two bedrooms w/ queen sized beds, very clean, refrigerator, and microwave and especially a nice oceanfront view. All I need for a typical shore vacation. You have to remember you are in Wildwood. The housekeeping was very good...always new sheets and fresh towels and the room was always neat with they were done. The pool was very clean and the kids loved it! Yes, there was alot of noise from across the street due to some kind of park they are building, but they are trying to update and improve the area so that is understandable. Nothing that can't be dealt with. Oh and yes, it is actally called the Newport Beach Family Motel but has that " old day "charm to it actually. I guess in this day and age we are all used to staying in high rise condos, etc. which are nice, but this brought back memories I had as a child. Any dinner/lunch/breakfast questions I had, again, Virginia steered me right. Marva's diner is about 1/12 blocks down on Rio Grande from the motel, very good breakfast! Also check out the Silver Bullet boat ride...lots of fun and we saw lots of dolphins and the Cape May County Zoo is also a nice day out. I met very nice people there and everyone was polite. I would not hesitate to stay there next year. Do not expect a resort, but a nice place to stay if you are not looking for all the frills.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2007

i will not stay again .very different than what we were told over the phone we wre suppose to get 2 queen beds in one room and 1 queen in the other.when we got there only 2 beds in the room the kitchen had a very tiny refridgerator the pool was not heated maid service once in 7 days and you have to pay for ice when we complained about the bed situation the lady at the front desk told us that we would have to rent a cot.we ended uo going to a department store to buy a air mattress.this is not a resort as advertised it is a motel.contruction going on m-f across the street very noisy.i do not recommend this place at all unless you are desperate.the money we paid was not worth the services that we did not receive.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank vl1