“Good Location, Cute Decor”
Review of Monaco Motel

Monaco Motel
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We booked this motel 2 days before Memorial Day weekend and it was way better than I expected. The guy at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The location is great, it's not even a block off the boardwalk. Although they don't make up the room each day, you can request it if you want them to. This is a great place for younger people just looking for a place to crash after hanging out in town, on the boardwalk and the beach.

1  Thank jme2hey

Reviewed July 20, 2010

We traveled over 3 hours in the heat and traffic and couldn't wait to have a shower. The manager Len called us while we where on the road to let us know the air was on and the room was ready if we came a little before check in. Thanks god for that. We arrived about 1 hr before check in and in our room within 5 minutes. Len could not have been any nicer the entire stay. He gives great recommendations for restaurants and is always making sure we have enough of everything.

The rooms where completely renovated prior to the summer, what a joy. My husband could not believe how clean the rooms and the rest of the property was, but what he liked the best was the large 32" flat screens. We have stayed in Wildwood before and so many motels are still using small old 19" TV's. From the new carpet to the new spreads and drapes, to the perfectly located deck overlooking the main drag, we could not of been happier! At that to being almost on the boardwalk from outside your door and things couldn't get any better. A sure treat for our stay!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank GlenF78
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Just spent a few days with my sons, Have been going to Monaco for a few seasons now,and was very pleased to see the improvements with the hotel.
Love the location always have , staying in this part of town keeps you from the partying in midtown, you get to walk the entire boardwalk and when your done your at your room.
I think a great location for kids and family, a few steps off the beach and kiddies are settling down quickly after a long day.
Rates are comparable if not better than surrounding hotels, (believe me I've checked)
My only suggestions would be some signage for where the ice is, or where to hose off the sand, and that maybe you do have coffee in the mornings...
Front desk friendly this season, remembering your clients is a plus in my book, Overall I would go back, as well as encourage my friends to stop for a visit.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank TeriM2
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Just got back from the perfect weekend staying at The Monaco Motel in Wildwood. Love the renovations done recently. Great new decor with flat screen TV - everthing clean and neat. Staff was polite and helpful. Right off the beach, couldn't have been more convenient - the perfect location. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We don't usually go to Wildwood so I'm not familiar with the lodging options there. Howerer, my daughter was participating in a dance competition at the Wildwood Convention Center so I needed something close to the venue and a quick Mapquest search revealed the Monaco Motel, right off the boardwalk and just a block from the Convention Center.

After doing a little searching of various options, I made reservations at this motel with some trepidation, given some past negative Trip Advisor reviews. However, the motel's website said their rooms were newly refurbished so I thought I'd give them a chance. We're glad we did!

First of all, our pre-trip communications with the staff were pleasant and any questions were answered promptly. I was a little concerned because they didn't take credit cards and I had to send a check for the deposit. Also, there was no system of confirmation once the motel receives your check, but a quick email from me to them confirmed my reservation and my balance owed.

When we arrived, the check-in process was easy and we were pleasantly surprised at the rooms, which were newly painted and boasted new linens and a nice flat-screen TV. The bathrooms are a bit small and the shower faucet leaked a little, but overall, everything was quite pleasant. Our room was on the 2nd floor and an outdoor sitting area was just outside our door, providing a few lounge chairs and some tables and chairs where one can sit and read or enjoy lunch. This was clean and well kept. And the housecleaning staff even left us some homemade sugar cookies to enjoy!

The owner of the motel, who was very nice, told my husband that he is on a mission to change his reputation, so he no longer rents to the teenagers and young adults who used to trash his property and create a lot of tension with other guests. He is looking to rent to people like us - a middle-aged couple with a family. Having once stayed at another Wildwood motel that rented to anyone, I see this as a very smart move on the part of the owner. His establishment will eventually benefit due to this decision, though the motel was empty when we were there. I hope families start noticing this nice little motel!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank pat221
Reviewed June 12, 2010

Have stayed at Monaco in years past, and was happy to see a new remodeled Monaco this visit.
Very nicely done, and comfortable. Love all the changes.
Great to be so close to the beach, can't get better!
Also, I love the outdoor sitting area. Nice to sit out in the mornings with coffee and also early evening.
Has all I need for a few days at the beach. Will be back in time for Fourth of July!

Reviewed June 1, 2010

We checked into the monaco motel on saturday, and I must tell you that the whole way down there, I kept thinking that this would be the same motel that I stayed at last year. Traffic again was not in our favor, so I called the monaco and spoke to the manager corey to let him know that I would be arriving past 7pm. His reply was 'don't worry, I will be waiting for you, and to take my time and to be safe'. Wow, I never expected that first of all knowing that last year I was spoken to in a curt way by the owner, just because I asked about the room.
So I made it down to wildwood about 7:30pm, and walked into this great newly decorated office. I asked if he was corey, and I got a smile and a handshake. I proceeded to check in, and ask some questions about the room, and he said that he would walk with me to my room to make sure it was ok., Last year, I was treated badly from the owner, who seemed that he wanted nothing to do with guests. Corey opened the door and I was amazed that the room looked so different with the renovations and a flat screen tv on the wall. This was a 100% improvement over last year. This is so important to have a clean room with friendly staff, and to make the customers feel wanted. Last year we did not get that.
I did see the same person that was not too pleasant walking around, so I imagine that he was still the owner, but hired corey for the office. That was the first thing he did to improve the motel, as well as renovating the motel.
Still no pool, but was a true joy to stay at,
My only complaint was that the motel was full of young kids, who stayed up all night to drink and be noisy. I hope that the owner reads this, because now that the motel is so nicely renovated, maybe he should not have these kids staying there. This probably will be a factor for me staying at the monaco again. I have been telling friends and family about staying there, but they won't stay where kids stay unchaperoned. So I can only hope that this policy changes, since now the monaco looks great.
Please let corey know how much of a asset he is to this motel, and thank him for his courteous and professional and posiive attitude. The monaco really needed it. Corey even has the most well behaved little dog at his side. (i forget the name, but so cute)
well monaco motel, you did it!
just stop having those unchaperoned kids filling your place, and we will keep staying there, and bring our families

1  Thank boardwalk10