“THEY HAVE BEDBUGS!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #45 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“THEY HAVE BEDBUGS!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I have been going to this hotel for many years. This hotel just got new owners and they have ran it into the ground. If you have come to this hotel pre 2010 season your thoughts might be that its a nice place, dont be decieved the new owners have turned it into a slum. Upon checking into our rooms we were met by a very nice lady who just didnt have all her wits about her. she wasnt even sure if our rooms were cleaned yet and check in is at 2pm we got there at 5pm!! Well turns out our rooms were clean however the maids orget to tell anyone. should have known then that their maid service is less than par. After being in our hotel for a night my 2 1/2 year old found a test tube shot glass with dried liquor on it. when asked were she found it she said behind the bed room door. which means the maid never even closed the door to look behind it. I went straight to the front desk and complained that this was still in my room. I was given the opportunity to stay a nite at a discounted rate. i agreed that was fare. then after being there for two days we started noticing bites on ourselves, we thought they were just regular misquito bites. on the fourth day my friend found one crawling on her bra that was in the dresser!!!!! we went online and looke dup bedbugs and sure enough thats what was there.immediately we went to the front desk and we were greeted by Ken a two faced fake. ken came to the room to look at it and when he had arrived he insinuated that we had brought the bed bugs to them!!!!!!! All my friends ripped their clothes out of the drawers and were looking for more bugs when he flat out stated that how we lived was a disgrace because of all the clothes everywhere, and that it was obvious that we brought them there. Then we pulled out the sleeper sofa and found sheddings all over the mattress, which proved they had been there for months. Then after all that he said he would find us another place to stay and offered 5 ppl a room with two twin beds and had the nerve to get mad when we said that wasnt adequate. so he found us another room in a near by hotel that was absolutley attrocious. so it being 3 in the morning and having my 2 1/2 year old still awake at this hour we slept on the floor and beds of the small two twin bedroom. we got in there at 430 after washing all our clothes. and they had the nerve to not tell the maid that the room was occupied and to leave us so we got woken up at 10!! then they only want to give us 2 nights refund because we were leaving and only had two nights left. Ken actually used the words well your on you rown have fun!!! to me at 3 in the morning when i told him we needed another room.
So everyone this once decent hotel now is infested with bedbugs and wont even admit they have a problem so its only gonna get worse!!!! If you dont want bedbugs in your house do not stay at the Oceanic Hotel across from the convention center in WIldwood,NJ

• Stayed August 2010
6 Thank FEELINGITCHY
OceanicFred, Manager at Oceanic Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
All rooms have been examined by a licensed exterminator, sanitized and certified bug free.
September 2010. No bedbugs were found. It is customary for us to sanitize on a regular basis.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I stayed for two nights. They advertised pool side grill as an amentie, but your not allowed to use it. The two ladies and the two guys that handled the front desk were very helpful, but the manager (John) was very rude. The rooms were very old and dirty. The hallway had a foul odor. When you're paying over $500 for two nights, you expect better service and nicer rooms.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank 3stooges_10

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

New City, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Reading earler reviews really turned us off, but my daughter had already booked the place so it ws a done deal. While it was old, it was kept up it fit the bill. The furniture was old and somehwat worn, but the room as clean, the linen was clean, the carpet was new. The bathroom was adequate, towels suffuicent. (The bath faucet did not work but the shower faucet did. The pool DJ ended at 6 pm so there was no loud noise , There was no smell off mildew in the rooms or hallways, something that we often find in shore hotels The loctaion was close to the boardwalk, beach and rides, but not so close that you could hear the noise from the rides. This was a decent value for the money

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Shamokin
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Overall our stay was really nice.... i was going in kinda scared because of the other reviews on here... but it turned out to be a really nice place to stay.... it wasnt a hilton or anything like that...nothing facny... it was just the normal beach hotel you would expect to find... our room was clean.... it was quiet at night.... our room had a pool view and in the afternoon you could hear the music from the pool playing.. but the pool parties seemed to end at 6.. and they didnt start until around 2 or so.. cool place to stay!

ps the pool was awesome!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 25, 2010

the woman at the front desk seemed really rude. we arrived at the hotel and the location was great BUT the building just looked gross on the outside. i dont know why they call it a hotel, its small. parking is two blocks away and difficult to locate. as soon as we walked in we noticed everything was outdated. teh carpet looked gross, but the bathrooms were clean.. the room that me and my sister stayed in had a centipede coming out of the AC! it was just gross and then we found another 1 in the kitchen. thats all we saw. we slept well mainly because our room was the furthest away from the bar. again the location was just great right across from the board walk and beach and morey's piers is not a long walk from the hotel and there is a diner nearby for breakfast. the pool was digusting. it was cloudy and i saw 3 dead cockroaches in the pool. it was just gross. in my opinion, days inn suites is right next door GO THERE!!! their pool looks wayyyy cleaner and the type of people that stays in oceanic hotel are not the group of people i will hang out with.. days inn suites were full of kids and famiies, and they looked really happy.. i talked 2 a few of them and they said they love days inn and how clean it was. would i suggest oceanic hotel 2 a friend? definitely not and never going there again. the staff probably knew they were getting trashed, so they were trying REALLY hard 2 b nice

Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed July 3, 2010

This place was a wonderful place to stay. The staff was very friendly and people were enjoying themselves. The tiki bar at the pool was a nice add while taking the kids to the pool to swim. The dj and music was awesome. The music was played for the age groups there. Definitely beats a live band. Music was awesome, staff was awesome and the cottage we stayed in was very nice. It was not extravagant, but who needs that when we spent most of our time at the beach or the pool? the location was a great place also, close to the beach and the boardwalk. I know there are people who were not happy with this place, but I am not sure why. I look forward to coming back there next year and hoping the same dj is also there. It was wonderful.

WB
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I traveled with family and two young children and a teenager. My daughter who is 3 years old did not want to leave to come back home she had that much fun staying at the oceanic. I would definately stay again and would recommend it to any other people who asked. As for the people who complain about this and that? You are at the beach on vacation why the hell would you want to stay in a hotel room then complain about the horrible time you had cause you were too stupid to get out and enjoy things? I researched the hotel online and read reviews and all if you want the taj mahal go sleep with trump instead of going on vacation with your spouse. We had no problems with our hotel room, my daughter how is 3 nephew who is 6 and niece who is 14 had a great time as did my mother who is 60 and said she will stay there again, my sister and myself included. The pool was clean the hot tub was great and not once was i offended by anyone at the pool or for that matter smell pot. my daughter enjoyed the dj at poolside as did i, she swam everyday in the pool went to the beach and the boardwalk isn' that what a vacation is supposed to be? in my opinion when you stay at a hotel when you are on vacation it is just a place to lay your head at night other than that if you complained about it means you stayed in and did absolutely nothing you whine babies. We are planning another vacation and this time are planing to stay an extra week. The bar inside the oceanic is just another bar, i went in the bar to unwind no intentions of anything but that, having a band and the friendly bartenders is an added bonus. again staying at the oceanic is a definate for next year my daughter and i and my family loved it. As for the haters? get a life its vacation grow up and enjoy vacation instead of staying in the room the whole time complaining, my daughter is 3 and didn't complain so how does that make you look haters?