“Stayed at worse” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Pennsylvania
“Stayed at worse”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

In the beginning of May, my fiancee and I decided to go away kidless. We booked our stay and a week later received an e-mail from Oceanic thanking us and informing us of a cheaper rate for the same weekend we had already booked. When I called about the e-mail I received and inquired about getting the cheaper rate, I was told that it didn't apply to me as we already booked our room. --- that is bad business and the e-mail should have stated that in the first place. I feel like everyone is out for their quick buck yet don't treat their customers fairly. All in all, the room was VERY small but clean. The pool, hot tub & the tiki bar are added pluses.

1 Thank swirll82
Paul C, Manager at Oceanic Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
We're so sorry about the miscommunication in the email. You're right: The guidelines should've been explicitly stated, and we'll keep that in mind for future promotions. We are, however, pleased that you enjoyed our amenities during your stay. We hope you'll consider booking with us again so we can show that we really do strive to treat all our customers fairly!

Best,
Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Paterson, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Recently stayed in one of the cottage's 5/31-6/1/14. Not the first time at the hotel. I love staying here. Its a family atmosphere, friendly staff. Close to the boardwalk . The cottage was just right amount of space. The only thing, guest's have more than 1 car. I had 2 and which got a ticket. There was enough space for both. Besides that, love staying , will be booking again later on this summer ...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dulce1974
Paul C, Manager at Oceanic Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
It's great to know you and your family enjoyed your time with us! We're thrilled you'll be booking another stay. However, we want to apologize for the issue with the cars. If you call beforehand, perhaps there's something we can do to make sure this doesn't happen again on your next stay.

Looking forward to seeing you again,
Management Team
Neptune City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and I had a most wonderful visit to the Oceanic Hotel, in beautiful Wildwood, NJ.. the staff was outstanding in making us feel welcome and right at home. The staff gave 100 % to make our stay great. The facility was bright, cheery and so well maintained. Michael and I enjoyed the outdoor pool, hot tub and tiki bar. The Oceanic is feet away from the Wildwood Boardwalk and beaches, which made it so enjoyable to walk the boardsand visit the beach as well. Boith my husband and i would recommend this hotel for your family's vacation stay, and will be returning next year for our weekend getaway. Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Michael Weingarten (Jayne) 220 west sylvania ave, unit 65, neptune city, nj 07753

1 Thank jaynebweingarten
Parlin, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

I had a an amazing and relaxing stay at this hotel. Great service very friendly workers. The pool was clean and so were the rooms. Had a great location right across from the boardwalk. I would stay here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerOceanicHotel, Manager at Oceanic Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to you spending time with us again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

The location very convenient - across the street from Wildwood Convention Center. Our room, 301, was Ocean view with balcony.
Although I understand ocean vacation rooms tend to be low key, our room was really small, the bathroom small, stains on the ceiling, poor maintenance along edges of walls/stained fabric on chairs, balcony railing rusty/peeling paint.
Worst of all, the bathroom had quite outdated fixtures and plumbing - shower head and faucets peeling and difficult to adjust with metal stains. The whole bathroom is old, grout stained, ugly tiles and old toilet that runs unless the handle is jiggled repeatedly. Light bulbs were missing - open sockets above mirror, mismatched bulbs, unsightly vanity/sink. The entire bathroom needs to be gutted and renovated,
I did like the large picture window and view.
Other small items of annoyance: old school motel keys ( the key ring was defective and one key fell off and was lost somewhere), third floor had a "curb" connecting a discrepancy of floor height about a foot drop. No ramp - I injured myself maneuvering the rolling luggage cart filled with bags and heavy items on that. Needs to be a ramp! Room and linens smelled musty and not fresh. Th whole room needs paint, new carpet, general minor edges cleaned up. No coffee set up in the room. (There is a coffee pot down at the front desk available most of the time).
The price charged was $120 per night - which was a discount as we were part of a group festival. I inquired as to what the regular rate for others for this date and was told $140.00, and higher, with a 3 night minimum. Also, we were charged a 14 percent tax - I have to look up and see what that is about.
This room is definitely not worth that price.
We encountered 3 staff members - one was very congenial, one was neutral, and one was unfriendly. Nothing outstanding as far as service or going out of the way to help with our several requests/issues.
The new Tiki swim up pool bar was really cool, with a Jacuzzi and nice little pool. There was even a small stage area, and a live band played at times. It looked like they put a a lot of time, money and effort creating this entertainment area. Unfortunately, we neither swam (too chilly) or drink alcohol and had no use of the cool Tiki bar.
My contention is that some attention needs to be made to the condition of the actual rooms that people must sleep, shower, and utilize rather than the entertainment. My opinion only!
In conclusion, we will not be staying there again, and will find other accommodations for the festival next year.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank smartin7456
Hereford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

The location was awesome. The hotel was right across from the convention center and the boardwalk. The cottage was extremely clean and the staff was very friendly. I wish I would have been informed upon booking that the pool and swim up bar were going to be closed due to construction but besides that it was a great trip! I will definitely book the Oceanic Hotel again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerOceanicHotel, Manager at Oceanic Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again. So sorry about the pool & Tiki bar not being up & running during your stay. It is all up and running as of tomorrow. We look forward to you joining us again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

I love this place and the workers... Under new management this year so I got to meet the new workers and management and I'll tell you what very nice let us check in early that's a + and the pool was not open so they let us use the other hotel pool very nice of them...if their are any problems they do everything they can to help I had no problems... I love it their THANK YOU GUYS... SEE YOU SOON....

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerOceanicHotel, Manager at Oceanic Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you very much. I am glad that you had a great weekend. We look forward to you visiting us again.