“Rooms Really Need Rennovation”
Review of Oceanic Hotel

and 1 more site!
Oceanic Hotel
Ranked #47 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
“Rooms Really Need Rennovation”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The location very convenient - across the street from Wildwood Convention Center. Our room, 301, was Ocean view with balcony.
Although I understand ocean vacation rooms tend to be low key, our room was really small, the bathroom small, stains on the ceiling, poor maintenance along edges of walls/stained fabric on chairs, balcony railing rusty/peeling paint.
Worst of all, the bathroom had quite outdated fixtures and plumbing - shower head and faucets peeling and difficult to adjust with metal stains. The whole bathroom is old, grout stained, ugly tiles and old toilet that runs unless the handle is jiggled repeatedly. Light bulbs were missing - open sockets above mirror, mismatched bulbs, unsightly vanity/sink. The entire bathroom needs to be gutted and renovated,
I did like the large picture window and view.
Other small items of annoyance: old school motel keys ( the key ring was defective and one key fell off and was lost somewhere), third floor had a "curb" connecting a discrepancy of floor height about a foot drop. No ramp - I injured myself maneuvering the rolling luggage cart filled with bags and heavy items on that. Needs to be a ramp! Room and linens smelled musty and not fresh. Th whole room needs paint, new carpet, general minor edges cleaned up. No coffee set up in the room. (There is a coffee pot down at the front desk available most of the time).
The price charged was $120 per night - which was a discount as we were part of a group festival. I inquired as to what the regular rate for others for this date and was told $140.00, and higher, with a 3 night minimum. Also, we were charged a 14 percent tax - I have to look up and see what that is about.
This room is definitely not worth that price.
We encountered 3 staff members - one was very congenial, one was neutral, and one was unfriendly. Nothing outstanding as far as service or going out of the way to help with our several requests/issues.
The new Tiki swim up pool bar was really cool, with a Jacuzzi and nice little pool. There was even a small stage area, and a live band played at times. It looked like they put a a lot of time, money and effort creating this entertainment area. Unfortunately, we neither swam (too chilly) or drink alcohol and had no use of the cool Tiki bar.
My contention is that some attention needs to be made to the condition of the actual rooms that people must sleep, shower, and utilize rather than the entertainment. My opinion only!
In conclusion, we will not be staying there again, and will find other accommodations for the festival next year.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smartin7456

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Hereford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The location was awesome. The hotel was right across from the convention center and the boardwalk. The cottage was extremely clean and the staff was very friendly. I wish I would have been informed upon booking that the pool and swim up bar were going to be closed due to construction but besides that it was a great trip! I will definitely book the Oceanic Hotel again!

• Stayed May 2014
ManagerOceanicHotel, Manager at Oceanic Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again. So sorry about the pool & Tiki bar not being up & running during your stay. It is all up and running as of tomorrow. We look forward to you joining us again.
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I love this place and the workers... Under new management this year so I got to meet the new workers and management and I'll tell you what very nice let us check in early that's a + and the pool was not open so they let us use the other hotel pool very nice of them...if their are any problems they do everything they can to help I had no problems... I love it their THANK YOU GUYS... SEE YOU SOON....

• Stayed May 2014
ManagerOceanicHotel, Manager at Oceanic Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you very much. I am glad that you had a great weekend. We look forward to you visiting us again.
Williamstown, New Jersey
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We booked just 2 days before our trip and read the reviews after we paid. Let's just say we were not hopeful. We took a party of 11 (6 adults, 3 teens and to young children). We were pleasantly surprised. There was a cable problem in the hotel so Kathy moved us to the cottages before we even arrived! Furnishings are dated but functional and CLEAN!!! We are booking another trip for Sept! Location is phenomanal and prices are better than any other place we contacted. The owners did a great job hiring the new manager she is friendly and helpful and all around nice to deal with. Check them out for yourself.

Room Tip: Cottages are great value
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Shenanigang
Thank you so much. I am so glad that I was able to make your stay enjoyable. I look forward to seeing you again in September.
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The oceanic hotel.in wildwood is a great place to stay. They have a new hotel manger and she is excellent all the staff are nice and the room was beaufiful because i was on the 3rd floor with balcony and ocean view. I would deffenitly stay here again all because of the hotel manager Kathy....... so book you. Reservations today....609-522-6500

• Stayed April 2014
ManagerOceanicHotel, Manager at Oceanic Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you very much. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Every year we go to Wildwood for a few days and usually stay at a different hotel out of tradition but this year we decided to change that. This hotel was a good choice. Although the rooms are a little dated, the service from everyone here was top notch. They really know how to go above and beyond to take care of their customers. Very convenient bar at both the downstairs and also the pool (even a swim up one!) Nice big hot tub, the location is excellent and they have their own lot for parking. I would recommend it for anyone staying in Wildwood.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Alex-C-Photos
Staten Island, New York, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

we had a nice time the rooms are nice we had a small kitchen in the room witch was very he when we have two small children. we loved the pool also very clean my kids loved it. I would definitely stay here again. Also my first room was kinda small for us so they upgraded us to a bigger room.

Room Tip: if you have kids make sure for ask for a room with a kitchen.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family