“Excellent hotel!”

Ranked #47 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Naugatuck, Connecticut, United States
“Excellent hotel!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This was one of my best travel experiences ever. Bob, at the front desk, made me feel like family from the moment I walked into the front door to the moment I checked out. Rooms are small but adequate, clean, and comfortable, considering you don't spend much time in the hotel room....the size of the room did not bother me. I had a balcony ocean front view, which was very pretty. Only about a 3 minute walk to the boardwalk from the hotel. And the tiki bar and pool on premises is absolutely tons of fun for both kids and adults. A live band was playing, the pool area is very clean, and they have plenty of lounge chairs to lay out and relax in. I spent most of my time at the pool area. And Bob was always there to answer any questions I had, traveling alone for the first time and it was nice to have someone who was friendly and helpful. My room was very clean upon arrival...i never needed to use maid services so I have no comments there. Overall, a great stay, and big thanks to Bob for making me feel like family!!!

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jennifer J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Wonderful experience from room to staff. Next best thing to being home...extremely reasonable rates and great bars and pool... I actually can't find one issue beside we didn't want to leave. Across the street from boardwalk and beach...

Room Tip: All rooms are great...I suggest beach view...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kevin D
Baltimore
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The front desk people are ignorant. They up the rates whenever they feel like it. They send you a confirmation & when you check in, they've added more money to your bill & won't fix it. When you try to talk to them, they don't wanna listen & then threaten to up your rate for arguing with them. Worst place in the world to stay. Take my advice & stay away.

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Don't stay here!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rebecca S

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Nice staff GREAT COOK friendly people. Loved it Had a wonderful time even stayed an extra night :)

• Stayed June 2012
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I loved this hotel. I stayed with my family and a girlfreind for a week and the staff really helps make you feel at home. The rooms was on the third floor with an ocean view and kitchenette. It was clean, cool, and offered plenty of room for my family. The only gripe i have is that the TV in the room my friend, sister and I shared only had the Animal planet, which eneded up being pretty entertaining, although a bit limited. The front desk man was kind and welcoming, offering his wine opener when we had forgotten ours, and sharing family photos of his new grandchild. Loved the closeness of the hotel to everything else. If you like seafood, check out Uries for all you can eat crab(an the good stuff too). Wildwood is a great summer escape. I recommend it highly, especially when staying at the Oceaninc. When all else fails,go have a drink at the bar, located in the pool. It's a great time!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jen L
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The Oceanic is one of the originals but price wise and staff wise it's not a bad deal. We rented oceanview,top floor. We asked for coupons,extra towels and soaps and got them immediatly. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Pool was clean and hallways,floors were also clean. Room smelled a little dated but that's to be expected. Best room rates are before and after the season. Overall pretty good experiance!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank amberNJ1
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Me and my best friend came down to spend the weekend for memorial day for a much needed vacation. The front desk gentelman was very nice on the phone and when we got there was very rude. It was a problem to get a bucket of ice he treated like we were teenagers instead of the 30+ grown woman we were. The room was bad the air condtioner was on a permanent timer so half of the time we sweat to death not to mention the freezer wouldnt get cold and the housekeeper never even came to bring us towels. The pool bar and pool was the best part of our stay. Next time we need a much needed vacation we will be booking our room else where. We didnt even finish our last night there. Very disapointed.....

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are terrible
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends