“We keep coming back”

Ranked #55 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Jersey Shore
“We keep coming back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Spent a second summer trip with my cousin, back at The Diplomat. First of all, this is not a five star hotel. It's a reasonably priced place to stay during the busiest season, close to everything on the Wildwood Boardwalk. I believe it's a condo resort, so the rooms are individually owned. And that means each room is decorated and furnished differently. We book it as a place to sleep, shower and eat between our swimming and sightseeing. The pool is nice, the staff is helpful, and it's close, as I've said. Our room tis year could have used better lighting in the living room, and an upgrade on the light and exhaust fan in the bathroom. Other than that, we'll probably go back again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank JerseyBeachMom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
East Rutherford, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel was NOT AT ALL what they show on their website. From the website and photos, you would think you were staying in an upscale, up-to-date hotel. NOT AT ALL TRUE! The pictures we saw on the site was not the room we got. Our room had a ripped couch, a ripped balcony screen door with a broken lock. On the website they show you a modern updated kitchen and bathroom. NOT TRUE! Our kitchen was old and so was the bathroom. The bathtub had paint chipping off it and there was old ugly wallpaper on the walls. The kitchen was dirty when we got there. There was an old sponge with rice on it, and we had to throw it away. My 2 year old found candy on the floor! Disgusting! There was an opened paint can in the cabinet under the sink. Horrible! The website shows tiled floor throughout. NOPE! There was carpet in the living room and bedroom. It was so dirty that if you walked on it barefoot your feet turned black! I was so upset and disappointed by this hotel. Some of the cleaning staff was rude too. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN! HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!!!! Their website completely lies to you!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank lisita75

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Lighten up folks. This is a perfectly acceptable beach place. Clean rooms, 5 minutes to the beach, friendly and helpful staff. The Ritz, it ain't but...c'mon its Wildwood. Would stay here again in a heartbeat....Remember, tho, the rooms are individually owned and every one's different and kept up differently. Ours was GREAT!!!!

Room Tip: Just ask what you're getting when you book.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HOWARD S
St. Eustache
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed at this motel in the peak season of July. The day staff is friendly, but the guy that works at night is completely useless. Will not answe any questions or offer any help. The room smelled bad, even the sheets smelled moldy. The location is good, about a block and a half from the beach but I don't think I could have spent another night there. Housekeeping comes in even when you leave the do not disturb sign and if you park next to the motel, stuff crumbles off and lands on your hood of the car. At the price we paid (900$ for 4 nights) I think we should have gotten better. Worst place I ever stayed at. Never again.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank sinvids
Sewell, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Went in 7/24/12 to inquire about purchasing a condo.
Greeting from front desk personell was less than professional.
The dark haired lady was obnoxious and impolite.
Needless to say, I will take my business elsewhere.
Management should take note of who they hire, as they are representing
their business.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank genieb0413
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

I do not recommend this motel to anyone. The pictures of the room look ok but it is old and dirty. The lobby is smelly like old dirty carpet. I was suppose to stay for three nights but could not it was so horrible. Although the motel was not to my standards, the people at the front desk were fairly nice. Just a warning find somewhere else to spend your money!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank K M
Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Reserved a one night stay here. Received a call days later, right before leaving for the stay saying only a more expensive room was available. Instead of upgrading us and dealing with thier mistake, they demanded more money. It took multiple calls after being hung up on repeatedly to have someone agree to refund my card. Needless to say I will be reporting thier merchant numbers, filing a complain with BBB etc. If anyone has a similar issue, I suggest you treat it as the scam that is is, and thus treat the situation as attempted credit card fraud. That's the path I intend to follow. There are plenty of other nice places on the island, no need to deal with this bull.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family