I have been traveling to Wildwood NJ every year for the past 20 years. This is the first time we stayed closer to the boardwalk. My husband booked the trip as a surprise mini-honeymoon after our wedding. The hotel looks really cute and clean on the outside. Inside of the rooms is a whole different story though! Its a short beach vacation, so I wasn’t expecting anything fancy, but our room was just miserable! I have so many complaints (mostly about cleanliness) that I don't think I'll even remember to list them all!
1. The first impression of the room was that it smelled damp and musty. We had to spend as much time as possible out of the room because of the smell. It was horrible.
2. There was a strange wooden vent leading directly to outside. No cover over it or anything. You just push the wood and it opens. It can probably be easily opened from outside of the room too. Even when closed, there were huge gaps 1/2 inch gaps leading right out outside! We did complain about this and asked if there was something we could use to cover it because the bugs coming in were a problem. They sent the maintained guy to look at it and he said there was nothing he could do. I even asked if they just had a piece of wood we could use to put in front of it but they said no.
3. The sheets and bedding looked really dirty! I'm hoping that it was just stained, but even so they should just get rid of them. There were brown spotty spots that looked like dried blood. I was afraid to get under the covers. I laid on top of the blankets and used my towel to cover me.
4. Our towels were also dirty. They all had black junk on them...almost like a mechanic used them to wipe greasy hands.
5. The phone in the room did not work
6. The smoke alarm was disconnected and sitting behind the TV. We noticed it there because upon entering the room we had to plug everything in (Everything was unplugged - all the lamps, the TV, everything).
7. The refrigerator/microwave/coffee pot were filthy. I thought maybe it was stained but I was curious so I got a damp wash cloth and wiped it… the stuff washed right off. Clearly they do not spend any time cleaning these rooms.
8. There was gum stuck to the carpet in several different spots..
I could probably go on and on and on about other things, but these are the things that stood out in my mind. I don't know how the hotel has 4 stars, it is very misleading. Stay away!! You can stay down the road in a nicer motel in wildwood crest for the same price. Sure, its a little farther away, but for the cleanliness its worth it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Quarterdeck Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.