“bring your appetite”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed June 12, 2010

The Doo Wop diner is adorable. Take a moment to actually look at the pictures & memorabilia on the walls.

Bring your appetite. Nobody in our group of 10 finished their breakfast. The portions were gigantic. The size was only matched by the great taste. One order of pancakes which are incredibly fluffy can easily feed 2 people.

Reviewed June 10, 2010

One of the cleanest and well kept places on the boardwalk. Large menu for anytime of day and great dessert options. It’s apparent that it is run by people that care about the details. A family friendly atmosphere that I will return to year after year during my visits to the shore!

Reviewed June 3, 2010

I would like to say I did have a great experience at the DOO WOP. My family and I have made this our place to eat at every year we return to the boardwalk from while deployed overseas. We are glad to see another year of the same owners operating this diner. Our food was made to order and looked and tasted to be fresh and not pre-made. I can always get my fill of food for a very reasonable price and walk away stuffed. I was very surprised to see someone was very un happy with this place and understand you cant always make everyone happy. I was very pleased with the service and would recommend this to my friends and people who want good food. Also its nice to be able to escape the heat and sit in an air conditioned place.

Reviewed May 24, 2010

This "diner" was the worst meal I've ever eaten. I went there for breakfast on Saturday 5/22/10 and ordered an egg & cheese on a croissant (very basic breakfast sandwich) and when my order finally arrived, I noticed that it appeared very messy and soggy. The cheese was abundant to say the least and not recognizable (perhaps a liquid squeeze cheese). It was white and had the consistency of glue or caulk. The hash brown potatoes would've tasted ok had they not been fried in a (once again, unrecognizable)nasty-tasting oil. My fiance and I couldn't get out of there fast enough, as we were both sick to our stomachs from this meal. Of course, our server was nowhere to be found. We had to ask someone else to bring us the check. I guess even she was embarrased to face her guests after they've ingested that "food"! My stomach still turns when I think of that disgusting meal. Please, do yourself (and your digestive system) a favor: DO NOT go to the Doo Wop diner for breakfast!!!

1  Thank melram19
Reviewed October 10, 2009

The food at the Doo Wop Diner is average diner food - nothing special. The main reasons to eat here are:
1) Looks like a 50s diner - all black and white tile, jukebox, etc.
2) You can sit down in a booth in A/C - nice in summer time
3) Food prep a little better than other boardwalk dives
4) Watching the boardwalk crowds walk by

That being said, the kids loved eating here and it was near a great discount bookstore. I would recommend going for these reasons and will go again myself.