“Family Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Doo Wop Diner

Doo Wop Diner
Ranked #1 of 159 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Santa Rita
“Family Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

I would like to say I did have a great experience at the DOO WOP. My family and I have made this our place to eat at every year we return to the boardwalk from while deployed overseas. We are glad to see another year of the same owners operating this diner. Our food was made to order and looked and tasted to be fresh and not pre-made. I can always get my fill of food for a very reasonable price and walk away stuffed. I was very surprised to see someone was very un happy with this place and understand you cant always make everyone happy. I was very pleased with the service and would recommend this to my friends and people who want good food. Also its nice to be able to escape the heat and sit in an air conditioned place.

• Turkish first
Ramsey, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't go to the Doo Wop Diner for breakfast!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

This "diner" was the worst meal I've ever eaten. I went there for breakfast on Saturday 5/22/10 and ordered an egg & cheese on a croissant (very basic breakfast sandwich) and when my order finally arrived, I noticed that it appeared very messy and soggy. The cheese was abundant to say the least and not recognizable (perhaps a liquid squeeze cheese). It was white and had the consistency of glue or caulk. The hash brown potatoes would've tasted ok had they not been fried in a (once again, unrecognizable)nasty-tasting oil. My fiance and I couldn't get out of there fast enough, as we were both sick to our stomachs from this meal. Of course, our server was nowhere to be found. We had to ask someone else to bring us the check. I guess even she was embarrased to face her guests after they've ingested that "food"! My stomach still turns when I think of that disgusting meal. Please, do yourself (and your digestive system) a favor: DO NOT go to the Doo Wop diner for breakfast!!!

1 Thank melram19
Yardville, New Jersey
“Very nice looking - lots of atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2009

The food at the Doo Wop Diner is average diner food - nothing special. The main reasons to eat here are:
1) Looks like a 50s diner - all black and white tile, jukebox, etc.
2) You can sit down in a booth in A/C - nice in summer time
3) Food prep a little better than other boardwalk dives
4) Watching the boardwalk crowds walk by

That being said, the kids loved eating here and it was near a great discount bookstore. I would recommend going for these reasons and will go again myself.

new york
“im going back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

this is the best place for.breakfast,lunch,or dinner! the food was great. friendly service also!

Michigan
“Nice Place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2009

Decor of this restaurant was nice. Service was pretty good, no major problems. Asked for strawberry sundae and she brought chocolate and said we ordered chocolate. Other than that OK. There was a lady constantly cleaning the floor, no paper towels in bathroom.
Food was good. Burgers good, very good chicken wrap. $75 for lunch for 3 adults and 3 kids. Had coupon for free sundaes for the adults and the kids got one sundae to share. Not sure if we would go back but a decent place anyway.