“manager”
Review of Caprice Motel

Caprice Motel
Ranked #62 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed September 25, 2012

i never been to wildwood what time can me and my family check in for our room bc we live in pennsylvainia and we like to leave early when we go to the beach thanx if u answer this plus ppl who say negative things to be a drama queens or miserable ppl until they find out them selves

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank flyers55
There are newer reviews for Caprice Motel

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This place was such a dump! Don't go by the pictures cause that is what I went by. Not clean! Had to clean with a bottle of lysol wipes before would even sit down on a chair. Tile floors nice but slimmy. Floors swept everyday but never mopped. Dead fly in 2 rooms were there the from when we arrived to when we left. 1 AC for 2 rooms & was not a strong AC so you sweat in the other room. Ceiling fan in non AC room but no way to turn it on. Electric is fire hazard & plumbing is very old. Bathroom was so dirty with hair, smells and dirty shower curtain. Beds were not changed daily since had a stained top sheet everyday. Management was rude, that was when she actually spoke to you but rest of staff was nice. Management always watching you like you are doing something wrong and makes you feel uncomfortable. Pool when I was there was cold (suppose to be heated) and cloudy even when it was first thing in the morning, but it was cleaned everyday. If management try's to defend this don't believe it since she works there I had to live there for a week! I looked at several other motels when I was there that week and some around the same price were so much cleaner and in good location.. Will never go back to this dump again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank kvank2
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was our first and last time visiting. As far as Wildwood motels go, it was probably one of the better ones. BUT, I was terribly disappointed. After driving 7 hours to get there we were allowed to inspect the room, but felt "stuck" because there wasn't availability at other motels. I was, to say the least, disappointed. The room does have tile flooring, which makes sense given the proximity to the beach, but I would suggest a vacuum, not a broom to clean it. We wore flip flops in the room & put a towel down on the floor of the shower, like "in" the shower. There was hair all over the floor when we got there, especially in the corners and near the walls. There was a giant, bloody booger on the bathroom wall-Gross. How could they miss that? Walls were painted, but it looks like a child did it. That sounds petty, but when you are paying nearly $200.00 per night, I expect much better. Pool was cleaned daily, which was reassuring. The rooms were very damp and the floor got wet, probably from the air conditioning, which made them seem even dirtier. The pull out bed was one of the worst ever - VERY uncomfortable. The grounds were kept very clean - no garbage, cigarette butts etc. I was just hoping and expecting more. I would suggest staying in Cape May and driving in to Wildwood for all the crazy, carnival activities. All of the families with kids staying did seem to have a wonderful time, but smoking outside the room on the crummy lawn chair provided just doesn't suit me. There seemed to be one "type" there - super laid-back, carnies. After a day at the beach, I like to relax in my comfortable hotel room and was just not able to do this. I was a skeeved out. I am sick to think about how much we spent at this motel. We travel quite frequently and usually stay in hotels that are in this price range. This was the worst place we have ever stayed, EVER. Staff was very friendly. Oh, and this was the first time I ever checked into a hotel and then went directly to the drug store to buy Lysol.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank cleanjean60974
Reviewed June 25, 2012

In regards to the review by ChaplinFan.... please note that the Chichester Cheetahs, a GIRLS soccer team, were not the only team in the hotel that weekend. Further, the huge flag is a soccer flag, and has been proudly flying at the Caprice for the past four years. I'm wondering if you happened to drive around Wildwood and notice that the Caprice is not the only motel with signs in the windows stating who's room it is. Perhaps ChaplinFan needs to do more research on what weekend they chose to come to Wildwood, and avoid Beach Blast...where over 960 teams descend on the beachs for one of the largest beach soccer tournaments in the world. THANK YOU Caprice, Wildwood & Cape Express Soccer for hosting one of the most family friendly soccer experiences on the east coast!!!!! The Caprice is a great family friendly hotel, and the Cheetahs are proud to stay there! SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!!!!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ChichesterCheetahFan
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

thank you for your positive feed back on the caprice moteland the staff here . we do out best to accomadate everyone who visits . we do allow our conventions and large groups to display whatever need be , iam sorry that others were offended . we will see your wonderful kids with there familys next year to compete this time next year i do ant to see and hold the tropy >
thanks again
joanne and staff

Reviewed June 25, 2012

The Caprice Motel is a great place to stay. I have been going there for the past six years with my family and soccer team for Beach Blast. The environment is positive, rooms are clean, and it is located less than a block away from the boardwalk and beach. I couldn't/wouldn't recommend another place to stay because this place is top knotch! Now as for a previous review about guests not being respectable, alls I have to say is its cowardly to post a review on the Internet complaining and trashing the name of a girls soccer team who were just trying to showing passion about their team and enjoying themselves, family and friends. If the actions of 14 year old girls affected you that much you should have been a responsible adult and confronted someone about it. Anyway me and my family had a great time and will be back the same time next year, with the same trashy flag, enjoying our friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Patricia T
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Beach Blast weekend is a great event that Wildwood has hosted for over 10 year! It is a great Team event where family spend quality time together and there is not a better motel for it then "The Caprice"! The management is first class and everyone who stays there that I know can't wait to next year when they could come back. In response to a previous review of this motel, all I can say is that you should get the stories that you post correct before you post them. The Chichester Cheetah Family is a great group of people with a wonderful respectful group of kids. Posters in windows and a team Flag is not a bad things during a soccer weekend where there is over 900 teams and thousands of great kids come down to Wilwood to play soccer and share quality time together with their friends and families. Thank you to the Caprice for always being 1st class.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Gsoccer10
Reviewed June 17, 2012

In reading some of the reviews I am surprised! There were six of us in two rooms. The rooms were very clean. The location was perfect. Anyone that thought the rooms were not clean were maybe thinking about sand? Being that close to the beach, it is almost impossible to get all of the sand out of anywhere! lol No "critters"!
Joan, the manager was very kind and extremely helpful. We would stay here again and again!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family