“I am "shore" to return June 2012”
Review of Caprice Motel

Caprice Motel
Ranked #62 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed January 18, 2012

My 1st experience @ the Caprice was enjoyable, "it is a shore motel". I had "NO" problems. The staff treated me with respect, they were very pleasant, professional, and helped me with everything I needed help with.
Some people think that other people should treat them as if they are "Special", without giving back the same respect. The N.J. Shore prices are like any other "Resort" town, the prices are higher during different seasons and during diferent parts of the week. As does the rates @ the Caprice Motel.
My room was on the second floor, it was clean, the bed was comfortable, when I woke up I felt great. This room had 2 full size beds. One in the front room and separated by the bathroom was the 2nd one, it had an appropriate size refrigerator.
I am returning this June 2012, to partake in the annual VFW Convention, and I will be staying @ the Capice again. As a matter of fact, I am writing my deposit check right after I finish this review.
Bob L
Mercerville, N.J.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Robert L
Joan M, Manager at Caprice Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2012

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we also appreciate you taking the time coming on this website and providing us feedback. We will be happy to have you back again this year.

We would also like to mention that we have tiled all of our hotel rooms and have replaced all of the carpet we had last season. Hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Caprice Motel

Reviewed September 25, 2011

It was your typical motel, well, at least it was exactly how I think 'motels' should be and we were fine, two huge beds, the room was clean, we had the same coffee pot experience as some of the other reviewers and that is a bit manky but we washed it and got over it pretty quickly! Plenty of towels and chairs outside the room to hang out in the evening, the pool was very clean, seemed to be cleaned every morning. Its in a great location within 2 mins of the boardwalk etc and parking is included. Its not a luxury resort but it was clean and the staff seemed friendly,

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank t-c67
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights at the Caprice motel. It was during the Wildwood roar to the shore so we paid a pricey amount for our room. Our bed was so hard that we did not sleep well at all. We slept in the Kind size bed and tried out the queen in the front room. It was just as hard. I do not think these mattresses were changed since the 1970s. Terrible. By the time we drove home for 7 hours, we were sleep deprived and aching severely all over. We did not party so this was not the issue. Unfortunately we could not get our money back for the stay so had no choice but to stick it out. Beware. There are much more comfortable and more reasonable places to stay in Wildwood. The location and the parking were great. The rest, not so good. Cleanliness was a bit short also.

Room Tip: If you like to camp and sleep on the ground, then you will be ok.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rncsue

We change mattresses as often as nessecary and we place bed foams on beds to make customer's sleep more comfortably if requested. Our rooms are cleaned on a daily basis and we provide extra towels and sheets if requested.

I would also like to mention that we really appreciate customer feedback during a person's stay. If customers come to the front desk with concerns, we are able to respond to their concerns immediately if possible.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

Great location! We could even see the ocean from our room. From the outside - it looked perfect! UNTIL...We pulled down the sheets on the King size bed...they had not been changed and there was evidence of "personal moments". On further inspection, the mattress pad underneath had "critters" and the coffee pot had not been cleaned from the previous guests. When addressed with the front desk staff, they gave us clean sheets and mattress pad, but they were unapologetic. My skin is still crawling at the thought of this place!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Cynthia H

We clean our rooms and change sheets on a daily basis. As for the review's reference to "critters," we are not even sure what the customer is referring to. The customer did not come to the front desk with any concerns about "critters" and the customer was provided fresh sheets when they requested them. We greatly appreciate it when customers come to the front desk with concerns so we can solve any possible issues right away.

If the customer is refering to possible pest problems, we would like to mention that the Caprice Motel did not have a single bug or insect problem during the entire season. Also, we clean all of our sheets and do not have a 3rd party company clean or replace our sheets, just to ensure that they are clean for our customers.

Whether or not the sheets were dirty, we would like to apologize to the customer if they did not find the room to be satisfactory. Every customer that visits our property is allowed to inspect a room and see all of our ammenities before they check in. If the customer felt that the property looked great from the outside, we would have been happy to show them the inside of our rooms before they check. Unfortunately, maids are only human and can make mistakes. We apologize for any inconveniences that had occured.

Our maids are all mature adult women that take pride in their work. They receive compliments on their work on a consistent basis. Also, we provided the customer with fresh sheets, and we personally feel that accusing anyone of being unapologic is unfair to us. We take feedback very seriously, and we appreciate customers coming to the front desk with their concerns when needed.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

The room my family was in had 1 king bed, 1 double bed and 1 sofa pull-out. We had me, my husband, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law, a 5-year old, a 4-year old and 2 infants in the room. They charged us $30 extra per night for my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. Really?? Every motel I've checked in Wildwood doesn't charge extra for children under 12 so a suite like that is for only 2 adults? Seems fishy to me. Also, my husband called ahead because we were going to have 2 vehicles for that room. They said "I think we can find another spot" so when my mil and sil arrived, they were told to park behind the motel. That's it, no warning that she would have to move it. The next day around 1:30, some man yelled at my sil at the pool and told her she needed to move the car. So my mil had to pay $20 to park over night that night. The last night there, they kept calling our room late in the evening when we were trying to get the kids to bed b/c they wanted my husband to come down so they could charge him the extra money for my mil and sil. My sil finally said "We're trying to put the kids to bed!" . If the people who run the motel hadn't been so rude, I would have given at least an average rating. The room was clean but it was so cold and uninviting with the tile floors (and the floors were kinda dirty w/sand, but it is the shore so that happens). The tp fixture was falling off the wall and the drain cover in the sink needed repair. I just would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank tiamarianj

The rate for an additional persons per room of $15 per night is a common practice at our motel and other hotels in the Wildwood. Two additional adults during specific times of the year would be charged $30 per night in total. The customer's children were not charged.

We have a "1 car per room only" policy at our hotel, simply because we have a set number of parking spots. Other customers would not have a spot to park if we allowed more than 1 spot per room. We would like to point out that we have one parking lot in front of the room and a smaller parking lot on the other side of the property. All parking spots are on the property and are next to the rooms.

If a customer does not fully pay for their room or additional fees, we have no other option then to ask the customers to fully pay for their room before they leave the hotel. We try to be polite as possible but the room must be paid for. Asking for a customer to fully pay for their room is not "rude" in our honest opinion.

Reviewed July 2, 2011

We have tried other Wildwood motels before finding the Caprice motel. We have now stayed at the Caprice for 6 years in a row. The location is great, staff very nice, and price is good. There are lots of motels in Wildwood, The fact that the Caprice is facing the boardwalk, and amusement piers (2 blocks down the boardwalk) is a big plus. The motel also has a pool which is well kept. There is also a 24 hour Rite Aid directly behind the motel. Wildwood doesn't have 5 star hotels the people who posted "poor" ratings may be used to. Every place has someone that get's upset about something, so take that for what it's worth when reading complaints/isolated issues. Most motels are a block or more off the boardwalk, don't face the beach/boardwalk, and many don't have pools. I strongly recommend the Caprice, and Wildwood in general for a family vacation. 3 Amusement park piers and 3 Waterparks all within 1 mile of each other and on the boardwalk :)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank matway2
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Let me start by saying we stayed 4 nights at a place triple the price and had problems! We went to Caprice last minute to see if we could stay 1 night. We had to check out of the hotel we were in at 11 the next morning. The Caprice offered us to come right over and check in early! How nice! We had a great location across from Mack pizza 1 block off boardwalk which our teens loved! 2 nice size beds separated by wall and a place to sit outside! Pool was clean and nicer than the expensive hotel we were in that had a bug pproblem! Almost everyone we met were repeat customers at this hotel! Yes its an oldet decor interior but it was cleaner closer and no bugs! For the price you can't beat it! Thumbs up to you caprice thumbs down to Moreys hotels. Morey you and your empire should be ashamed!

• Stayed: June 2011
5  Thank nj45lady

We were happy to accomodate you and are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our location is nice for pizza lovers, just as you mentioned, because there is a Mack's Pizza location right across the street from us. We enjoyed having you and hope to see you again.