“We Had a Great Vacation at the Mango Motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mango Motel

Mango Motel
Ranked #48 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Philadelphia
“We Had a Great Vacation at the Mango Motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

We would highly recommend the Mango Motel in Wildwood! We checked in on June 26, 2012 and were going to check out on June 29,2012 but we extended our stay 2 more days and checked out on Sunday July 1, 2012. Frank the owner was great he made us feel like family. Our room was so clean, and the beds were so comfortable! The pool area was clean and they had this patio area with a gas grille that you could sit and have lunch. We also like the fact that it was located a block 1/2 from the boardwalk and right around the corner were so many clubs and places to eat. We cannot wait to go back again! Anyone who does not book a vacation here is missing out on a great time.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 9 but I'm sure all the rooms were great.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank maureen a

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Staten Island, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

I booked a room for senior week from june 10-13 with 3 of my friends. The motel was disgusting, almost as bad as the owners. There were brown stains covering the mattress, the bathroom toilet did not work, the refridgerator was broken, as well as the key lock on the front door. After one night of staying in this flea bag, the toilet completely over flowed waking us up and forcing us onto the balcony to get help. As we tried to re-enter the room the owner, Kathleen, barged into our room screaming and cursing at us about being too loud at 930 in the morning. She did not even attempt to help us with the situation. She left the room and proceeded to scream and curse at us from across the street at the other filthy motel that she owns. Her husband came into our room kicking us out of the motel with no refund for "laughing too loud" and accused us of threatning his wife and said if we didnt leave in 10 minutes time he was calling the cops. When we requested longer time he refused and said 10 minutes or the cops are coming and proceeded to throw our luggage onto the balcony yelling that he could help us pack. We called the police and when they arrived Kathleen and Frank were forced by law to give us our money back by law. Their whole scam is to make money by taking advantage of young kids. DONT FALL FOR IT.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
9 Thank Olivia P

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Marlboro, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

Find another place to rest your head! My daughter and her graduating class from St. John Vianney in Hazlet NJ, stayed at this flee bag motel. The room was dirty, when by daughter turned down the sheets, the bed was full in hair!!. It was disgusting. She was so uncomfortable, when I called to complain to the owner, I was given a poor excuse that foreigners who don't speak english cleaned the room, and a sympathy cry that she was sick. She also said kids would sleep anywhere!! on the floor, in the street, as long as they are having a good time. I hung up on her after listening to this garbage. It doesn't make a difference what language you speak or if you are a deaf mute, everyone deserves to sleep in a clean bed!.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Carrie971
Sicklerville, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

The owners were outright rude and degrading - they have absolutely no business being in the hospitality industry by the way they treat people. The room was extremely overpriced and looked as if it had never been cleaned since the day the motel originally opened over 30 years ago. I was legitimately scared I was going to contract a disease from this despicable place. I couldn't decide which was worst, the degrading owners or the disgusting room. Save yourself the headache and stay anywhere else in wildwood.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
10 Thank kathyls62
MangoMotel, Owner at Mango Motel, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Hello my name is Frank Mangini owner of the Mango Motel. I helped check in the 5 young women that wrote this review. When they called to make reservation they told us they were under the age of 25. We accepted there reservation under the terms that each girl would have to give a $25 in cash refundable security deposit . They agreed to that and said that it would not be a problem. When they arrived to check in my wife greeted them warmly like she would all of our guests. They were very confused and unsure how to collect the security deposit from all girls . They were confusing my wife to the point were to stepped in . I gave them back there money & said lets start over. They stated to my wife that she owed them $5 which they did not give us .They were claiming that she took there money & did not return all money . SO when i stepped in , I gave back all money and told girls collect money & then hand it to me . The amount of security deposit was $125.00. The girls did not have change & were getting angry at me for just asking them to collect as a group .I found this group of girls to very nasty & diffcult to work with. My wife then brought them to there room and made sure that everything was in order.They said everything was fine & even stayed and extra night.They never said that the room was not clean while they were here. I would have addressed any problem immediately ,besides if the room was not clean why would they stay an additional night.
NYC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Ok so we stood her for a week July 17-22. Mango Motel is ok very simple staff is helpful and very nice. The room however was smaller than expected and FULL size beds?? like who uses those in a double bed room?? but we managed and the trip was great. The nice part was that the Motel offer usage of the grill and we BBQ up a little and hung around the pool one day. MM is convenient to the boardwalk and many other stores and so on. It is pretty pricey out in wildwood in general.
One complaint I do have is the CLEANING REALLY SUCKED, the guy came in to clean with this little bucket of cleaning supplies and never cleaned the bathroom nor changed the sheets, did give me more clean towels and that was all. SO i don't know if this is something that will be a problem to many. IT was not for me I went and bought cleaning supplies and cleaned myself problem resolved. However this is something to be expected even in a Motel.
Would I stay here again, I dont know for sure. Not trying to push anyone away, it was a great deal in price and for what I paid for a week was good, but I would pay a little more next trip and stay somewhere just to try it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jilly912
Bloomfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

I have been going to the Mango with my kids for the past 3 years. The owner, Lorna, treated us like family and that is why we have come back year after year. The place is an original Doo Wop and is very clean. The pool area is larger than most & has the largest jacuzzi in Wildwood. If your looking for a quiet family hotel this is the place to go. It is not new but is much cheaper than than the newer hotels.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank firemen8
Swedesboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

We love it there. Family friendly, clean and fun!! We would not stay anywhere else. The owner's Lorna and Drew treat us like family and remember us year after year. That's what brings us back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family