“Happy!”

Neil's Island Pub and Grill
Ranked #81 of 166 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Family friendly restaurant, serving steak, BBQ and seafood. Know for our Prime Rib. Full Bar featuring craft beers, wine list, specialty cocktails. Outdoor patio seating. Accept Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I ate dinner at Neil's in August and were both happy. The service was prompt and friendly, the restaurant clean and the atmosphere very nice. Our meals (and desert!) were all delicious, and the portions were generous. The prices are not bad for the quality of the food and the nice atmosphere. Plenty of parking was available at the adjoining lot. The restaurant is a hop skip and a jump from the boardwalk so you can easily move your car a couple of blocks and spend the night on the boardwalk after dinner. We will return next year.

Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

It was our first night in wildwood and we hit traffic so we didn't we didnt get to eat until 8:30 we really couldn't find anything (which was weird) so we end up finding Neil's which I wish we didn't. I got crab cakes and there was so much filler they were falling apart I pretty much had to eat it with a spoon not only that it was cold. I did not enjoy anything of that place it was horrible. I will never recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Food was very good! Pretty large portion size. Service was very good. Take a jacket if going at night since the A/C works great! Not too expensive. Casual dining.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We sat outside to eat which was nice. The waiter was cordial.
I had a "glass" of Sangria. Oh my, it was huge like a gallon! Tasty, not great.
My husband had the prime rib and said it was not hot and tasted "old".
My daughter had the ribs. Very large portion and ok tasting.
I had the crab cakes. They were pretty dissapointing. Crab was real but the filler was very gooey and ruined the flavor of the crab.
Save your money and go out for pizza on the boardwalk!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Neil's was my selection for restaurant week. i read mixed reviews and was not sure what to expect.I have eaten here off and on thru the years. I started out with clam chowder which was not as thick as I remember it being a few years ago also it was luke warm. The salad was ok. I ordered the Prime Rib and that also was not hot.It certainly was not meat you could cut with a butter knife. The vegetable was bland and the baked potato was a little hard. The vegetable and the potato were also not hot. If I wasn't so hungry I would have sent it back but I didn't want to wait for the platter to come out again. I thought all would be redeemed with the bread pudding. Wrong . That also didn't seem to have any flavor and there wasn't nearly enough carmel sauce to help it out. However, the waitress was very pleasant and talkative. Maybe it was just a bad night, but not sure I want to give them another chance.

1  Thank Emilyann