“Enjoyed the meal”

Neil's Island Pub and Grill
Ranked #83 of 166 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Family friendly restaurant, serving steak, BBQ and seafood. Know for our Prime Rib. Full Bar featuring craft beers, wine list, specialty cocktails. Outdoor patio seating. Accept Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We went to Neil's on the basis of having a restaurant.com certificate, and wanting to eat someplace close to the boardwalk. We arrived at about 6:00 on a Tuesday; we were surprised at how empty the restaurant was, but it filled up some by the time we were done eating (we were also there very late season).

Overall, we very much enjoyed our experience. I ordered a surf and turf ( 6 oz. filet, with crab cakes); my wife ordered the baked seafood casserole. Our kids had their typical kids-menu fare of a cheeseburger and chicken strips. We also ordered a bowl of clam chowder to share.

Our waitress was very friendly, and our food arrived promptly. The seafood casserole was very good (the scallops and flounder being better than the shrimp, actually). My beef was cooked perfectly (medium), was very tender, and very tasty. The accompanying fried crab cakes were very good; the wasabi sauce served with the crab cakes was excellent, and really did a lot for the already good crab cakes!

Overall, a very good meal, and I would certainly consider returning if/when in Wildwood again.

There are newer reviews for Neil's Island Pub and Grill

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I called in the afternoon and asked the person on the phone if we can use our restaurant.com gift certificate for take-out. Not anywhere on the certificate did it say we couldn't, but I just wanted to make sure. The person at the restaurant said of course. We called later to place the order and they said they will not do a take-out order with the certificate. My husband said we just called an hour ago and the woman on the line said that we couldn't use it. My husband then asked for the manager who said, "Well, I don't know who would give you that information, but we won't." Well, why would we lie about it? That doesn't make sense. So we never ended up ordering from them.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We came here as a tip from our hotel manager, but I wish we didn't! The food was okay, but very very expensive. We received a dirty look when we first came in, and it got worse from there. I wish we would have walked out on our first negative vibe. The waiter was very rude and got made when I put the lemon I didn't want into the empty iced tea glass. I wish I was mean enough not to leave a tip because this place didn't deserve one.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

this was the only place that we had gone to in wildwood that the food was great. we went here for a wedding and i must say it was just superb everything about the place.

1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Rude, untrained, unfriendly staff. Very poor service. Made us feel like we were imposing and putting them out by their having to wait on us. Asked for onion for our salads and the waitress come by and literally threw it on the table. There was only a scant amount, only about a tablespoon of onion in a small dish. We requested more onion stating this was not enough for two salads and the waitress rushed off stating that’s all there was in the kitchen!! Sides consist of potato and a vegetable period. Any variation (small side of pasta instead) and they will charge you for the substitution even though they remove the potato & vegetable from your meal. Salads consisted of a small hand full of greens, two cherry tomatoes and three croutons. Waitress informed us there was no house dressing only some bottled dressings. Drinks were awful, tasted nothing like what we ordered. We both ordered the Neil’s Wildwood veal and it came slopped on the plate, no thought given to presentation at all. Our server just abandoned us. After we had to ask other staff twice to send our waitress over, we finally gave up, ate what she did bring and wanted to leave. When the bill arrived, the waitress of course had forgot to apply the gift certificate to our bill. The tab for two adult meals with two drinks came to a total of $72.00. NEVER AGAIN. It’s a shame because Neil’s is located directly across the street from the hotel where we always stay and 1 1/2 blocks from the middle of the boardwalk.