“Great Escape weekend at the Bolero”
Review of Bolero Resort

and 1 more site!
Bolero Resort
Ranked #53 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed February 16, 2009

We were 2 couples at the Bolero for a Valentine's weekend. I was worried about staying at this hotel after reading some previous posts, since we the wives were surprising our husbands with this weekend. We couldn't have enjoyed our weekend more!! Yes, the furniture in the rooms are "dated", but having stayed in many WW locations - this was not a surprise. The room was comfortable and clean. The view from our room was amazing - and could be enjoyed from our jacuzzi!! The biggest surprise was the food in the Blue Water restaurant - it was fabulous! We did the Escape Package weekend and would certainly book it again!! Thanks Bolero!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 13, 2009

The staff was abrupt, abrasive, unaccomodating and basically nasty, and the room wasn't much better. The staff acted like they were doing us a favor by letting us stay there. They pushed for a more expensive room than we wanted claiming all the other rooms were rented (in December??). The room was furnished with old furniture which looked like it was from a garage sale, the couch was worn out and stained, the carpet was filthy and old, and the windows were filthy too. The shower has yellow water, and pressure and water temperature surged GREATLY during a shower. The towels provided were threadbare, and yellowed. They looked like old towels that were originally $1.59 at Walmart. A deposit is required for remote (absolutely ridiculous). The whole place really needs to be cleaned better and needs new carpeting. Funny part is, their rates are not cheap!
The ONLY good part is the spa; it's old too but it was beautiful and what a view. The locker room was ancient and not exactly spotless either but the guy that works the spa is the only friendly employee we encountered there. He even smiled.
There is only one elevator is and it is pathetically slow and not adequate for a building that size.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank LoveNJShore
Reviewed January 26, 2009

We recently stayed at the Bolero while we were in Wildwood for an event. I have to say it was one of the worse hotels I've ever stayed. I've stayed at economy chain hotels that were much nicer and where the staff was much friendlier. We stayed in one of the "luxury"rooms w/ a jacuzzi tub. To begin, although the room was clean, it was extremely outdated .... very old linens and furniture, including the very old, very uncomfortable King size bed (which wasn't really a King since my 6 foot tall spouse's feet hung off the bed). The whole room had an awful, musty smell ... like a grandmother's house. Smelled like it had been a smoking room at one time, even though it was marked a non-smoking room. The jacuzzi tub was disgusting .... I turned it on and a yellowish brown ring formed around the tub. I question the last time it'd been cleaned. When you check in, I was surprised that they hand you the two TV remotes and warn you that you'll be charged for them if they are not returned. The room was in extreme disrepair .... the bed was old and uncomfortable, the cable wire was frayed and disconnected on one of our TVs, the water temperature and pressure constantly changed while you attempted to take a shower, there were awful banging/hissing noises throughout the night, and one of the doors on the TV stand was missing. And on top of all this, the staff was very uninviting, rude and unaccomodating. When I saw the state of the bed upon arrival, I requested several additional pillows (I suffer from a very bad back). When I called, the front desk person said, "You need FIVE pillows?!! You're kidding?" I explained the bad back (which I shouldn't have had too explain), and they said they'd see what they could do. They brought us two ..... claimed that's all they could spare. To top it all off, when we left, we explained our concerns to the manager ..... and unlike any hotel I've every stayed at they did not express concern or offer to compensate us for our inconveniences. I warn you, if you're visiting Wildwood, stay away from the Bolero!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank CampingBuddy
Reviewed September 15, 2008

This year they had a live band & a dj for the fireman's convention which is fine, but they have no consideration for their guests. The music & base were so loud that doors on the fourth floor were rattling, pictures on the walls were shaking, & change was falling of the tables. When many people complained, they said there is nothing they could do about it. I've been staying there for 19 years for the convention, & if I could find another room in the area for that weekend, I would go somewhere else. Unfortunately, everywhere else is booked up. Guess thats why they can rip you off with their prices. Vacationer's beware, this place is not worth the money they charge you. Take it from me, i've been ripped of for almost two decades!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank redheads3
Reviewed August 30, 2008

I have been going from hotel to hotel for 8 years and have finally found THE ONE!!!!!!!! This resort has a hotel and a motel. I stayed in the motel section and couldnt have been happier. I was skeptical last minute after reading some reviews on here and almost cancelled to stay somewhere else ,..thank God I didnt!
This place was clean, very affordable, perfect location, and very pleasant staff. I dont know if maybe we lucked out and happened to get a week where there was not a lot of rowdy people or not a lot of families that let their kids just run amok,...but I have not one complaint about the Bolero. The outside pool is in the sun ALL day long and there were always plenty of chairs(besides the ONE day that someone went out in the morning and put a towel on almost every chair just to "save" them for later), a waitress that served drinks as you needed/wanted at the pool, the indoor pool was always empty (maybe a person or 2 here and there) and it was GORGEOUS up there and always spotless. The gym was amazingly clean ,..the rooms were clean and very comfortable-no moldy smell. NO COMPLAINTS-LOVED this place and this will be my new/permanent Wildwood vacationing spot!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2008

We weren't able to find many hotels with available rooms when we started looking for a room so when they had a 2-room suite available we quickly booked. It seemed like a pretty good price for the room.

When we checked-in, the room was clean but the decor was out of date. The entire hotel could use new carpet. When we went to pull out the sofa bed, the frame was broken and we weren't able to use it. The kids were already sleeping in the bedroom and even if it wasn't too late in the evening, they didn't have any other rooms available. My husband and I took turns sleeping on the couch and floor but the carpet was disgusting! Neither of us slept much at all our first night. The next morning, I spoke with the front desk and the worker was very nice and apologized. He said he would be able to move us to a different suite once another family checked-out and they were able to clean the room. The new room was much better and the sofa bed was actually comfortable. The sofa cushions had a few tears but we were able to sleep through the night.

The elevator is very slow. The work out room and indoor pool were very nice! Overall, it was a pretty good experience. We may return since we got a pretty good deal and it is only a block from the boardwalk.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2008

Just got back from the Bolero on the family package. What a shame the place is such a dump. We stayed in the hotel, which was very run down. The pullout couch was disgusting. The couch, sheets and blankets were all ripped and old. The furniture was totally outdated and dirty. Because of this, the stay was very uncomfortable. No fault of the maid staff, they did a nice job cleaning every day. If the bathroom wasn't relatively new & clean, we would have asked for a refund. The halls and carpeting were also dirty. We only stayed there for the indoor pool and guess what? It was pea soup green and disgusting. We were told it was because of a large group the previous weekend. Whatever the reason, you couldn't even look at it without feeling sick until Thursday. No offer of a reduced room rate for the lack of indoor pool either. With it's great location, good meals on the family package, nice wait staff and nice bar, this could be a great family resort. We won't go back until a serious renovation takes place. It would be worth the extra $$$.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family