“THE WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD!!!”
Review of Bolero Resort

and 1 more site!
Bolero Resort
Ranked #55 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“THE WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD!!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

During our stay at The Bolero, on July 26th through 29th, not only was the staff rude, but the conditions were unsafe. Management has refused to return phone calls after multiple attempts on my part to get clarification on why I was billed for room damages that were not from us.

Saturday night, we decided to go out to dinner. When we came back to the room, it was apparent that someone had broken the window from the outside. Not only did the staff not clean it for over 24 hours (there was broken glass everywhere), but they threatened to call the police and came to our door at 11 PM screaming at us. After asking them to double check, they quickly realized that it was broken from the outside and they apologized for how they had treated us. (It was a two pane window and the only broken pane was the outside one.) I am shocked by their lack of intelligence when they actually billed me for it! When I called the front desk for clarification, they told me I was charged for the window that was broken from the inside. Obviously I was upset about this, and asked that the Manager call me. After my 4th message and providing the Manager a week and a half to return my phone calls, I still haven’t heard from anyone.

The staff harassed members of my party for not having wristbands and tried to deny us access to our room. When they went to the front desk, the attendant very rudely told them that they would have to pay $10 each to enter our room. My friend had to ask them several times to please check the computer to confirm that we were not given wristbands at check in. After checking their system, they realized that it was their fault and begrudgingly handed over the wristbands to us. We had friends in town staying at other hotels who couldn't even visit our hotel room because they didn't have a wristband, which forced us to leave and go to other establishments than the room which we had paid for at $300 a night!

We chose the Bolero because it is headquarters of an ultimate frisbee tournament that we attend yearly. We are young professional between the ages of 25 and 27. We've been coming to this hotel for three years, and have always been good patrons with no issues. Though I've never had a great experience here, this times things were seriously out of control. I can’t believe the lack of integrity they have displayed in billing me for something they agreed was not my fault, and lack of professionalism in not returning phone calls.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
12 Thank Aileen M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
VA
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Worst stay ever! I'll spare you the details, Rude,overpriced,dirty,this place should be torn down and turned into a park in honer of all us poor saps that had to stay overnight. the people who work here could care less about you or your family. when you want to cancel after you see how bad it is they want to charge you a one night deposit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank SForbes

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Maryland
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The hotel not resort, first screwed up my reservation although they attempted to fix it by upgrading my room, we were sold on the ammenitites but none of the ammenities worked both of the Jucuzzi's were broken one was cold the other only had one working jet, the steam room was broken, the TiKi bar was closed due to not enough rentals from what i was told, not to mention the chlorine was not at proper levels and my wife had chemical burn in her eye we had to leave early so i informed the staff and called the manager to leave a message not even a phone call back. I would not recommend this HOTEL to Anyone!! THIS WAS OUR FIRST TRIP TO WILDWOOD GREAT FIRST IMPRESSION!! BOLERO

NOTE:The PICTURE's look GREAT but don't believe it it is not worth the money i spent for the three days and stayed two with a move to a new room after the first night because of multiple issues from TV broken to AC shut off in the middle of the night!! wow we had to open a window in the rain to stay cool!!! should have camped on the beach !!

very dissapointed

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank firefightercompany4
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My family and I stay at the Bolero evey summer for the past 7 years. We usually book about 4 rooms and have a reunion. The best thing about the Bolero is the location. It is only 1 block from the beach and center of the boardwalk activiites (right near Morey's Pier). We love the convenience of the location. There are plenty of stores and resturants all within walking distance. And each Friday night at 10pm there are fireworks right at the beach where we stay. Aside from the location, the rooms are adequate. We stay in the outside motel part of the Bolero (they also have an indoor hotel as well). In all of the years, all of our rooms have been clean and cozy. We have never had any complaints about cleanliness. Granted, its not a 5 star motel and some of the items are a little worn (like the towels) but overall we are happy there.
I will say that over the years we have seen a change in the service though. This is the second year in a row where things dont work properly. For example, this year the jazuzzi and sauna were broken and were not fixed the enitre week we stayed there..And last year that same jacuzzi was "just broken" as well. It seems that the Bolero is running out of money to fix things. The tiki bar by the pool was closed for several days and we were told business was bad and they didnt have someone to work the tiki bar. Really? And the Bolero used to have Karoke on Thursday and sunday nights and our family really looked forward to singing and having fun. The entertainment at the Bolero is sorely lacking in the past 2 years. Our family had to go eat and hang out outside of the Bolero which is sad because it used to be so much fun. For the money we pay for all of our rooms you would think they would step up their services to the guests and repair things promptly that are broken.

Room Tip: We like to stay away from the first 5 or 6 outdoor rooms right by the pool. It is less noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank honeymooners215
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This place is exactly as they described it on the other reviews the room the fridge the microwave and the beds look exactly like the photos I was so afraid of catching something that I never touched the floor or the bed I brought a blanket because I get cold and put that on top of the pull out bed and the pillows so I didn't have to touch it the tv was older than dirt the fridge was kinds small and we had a random sink right next to it and the microwave was so old it didn't have any button you had to turn a knob and hope for the best if it wasn't so close to the board walk, only indoor pool in wildwood, and a great view of the fireworks I wouldn't have stayed here the pool and spas were old and the pool couldn't see down in the water very dirty looking also the spas also the room wasn't great but the cleaning lady came everyday and cleaned everything even thogh the room needed everything thrown out

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Las177
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had booked a room at this hotel for a soccer tournament back in January. I didn't think to check the reviews as the whole team was going to be staying at the hotel. As the reservation got closer I read the reviews that were posted for this hotel and was very nervous about going. I am very happy to say that this hotel was wonderful. I didn't have any problems at all. I was even in the room that someone had written about Room 202 which was suppose to have a broken bed. Both beds and pull out sofa were comfortable and in great shape. The room was clean and bright as well. Everone who worked for the hotel was polite, friendly, and helpful. This a hotel I would return to the next time I stay in WildWood.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kate52977
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Great massage spot on the 7th floor. Ask for Penny -- she's fabulous.

A block from the boardwalk. Convenient. You can't beat the location. I've stayed here a few times over the past 5 years. The staff has always been spectacular & courteous -- very responsive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends