“Never again! Super Dirty & terrible service!!!!”
Review of Bolero Resort

and 1 more site!
Bolero Resort
Ranked #52 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
“Never again! Super Dirty & terrible service!!!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went to the bolero with the family for Memorial Day weekend. We have been staying there the past few years when going to wildwood. Never again! The sheets had crumbs and puvic hair all over from previous guests (sheets were never changed), kitchen stove greasy and burnt food remainings, bathroom towels dingy and old looking, and utensils inside the drawer were not cleaned! After complaining to the hotel staff, they didn't care and just said, "that's not good"... Horrible! This hotel needs to be inspected!!!!! Big time!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Collazofam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
South Jersey
Reviewed May 22, 2013

It was truly a disappointment. The place has really gone downhill in the past couple of years. The Bolero puts the Wild in Wildwood. No screening at all. Went on a Scout's Weekend but the Motel was our Prison... we had to stay in our rooms so we didn't get high off the pot fumes. We had the same problems last year and were assured that it would never happen again... guess what?! They lied.

Room Tip: Room 202 has a broken bed for 3 years running and I was told it had been replaced... for 2 years...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sharon_P_Jersey

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Having been coming here for 7 years for beach jam which is for young girls Girl Scouts! Well this year people where smoking pot and cursing and having parties with people not stayin in the hotel! Toilet didn't work beds where broke and refrigerators doors falling off!! And dirty!!! Never going back again Bolero is not the hotel not to go to anymore!!!

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Nonehete
New Jersey
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just returned from a week-end trip. We are a small group of mothers and young daughters who have gone, every year on this weekend for the past 6 years. For the first 4 years, I said the Bolero was great. Rooms weren’t bad, in a great location, some of the furniture has been updated, which was nice. It's a shame to see a good hotel deteriorate in 6 years.
I thought last year was an isolated insentient. So I returned.
This hotel has gone done hill, fast! My room was dirty. They couldn't sweep up behind the bathroom door? Spackled old popcorn ceiling chipping away, decortive pillow on bed had burn holes. Now do something about the disgusting sofa and carpets, they are stained and burned. We could not flush the toilet from Saturday afternoon until check out. We had maintenance out once, it did nothing. First year the girls didn’t want to go to the pool, what a relief! Hotel was so crowded and loud. Guests yelling and banging on hotel doors until 2-3 am. With the amount of young kids, I was surprised the hotel allowed the amount of Marijuana and cursing that was going on, and if they respond and say they didn’t know. They are lying. Guests informed them all weekend long, they did nothing, except say that we would be accommodated. I was not accommodated. I could go on and on, but I will just move on instead. I’ve heard that some of the management has changed. Maybe this could be the issue?
Sorry Bolero, but you just don’t have it anymore.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Alicia M
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Wanted a family getaway. We had the four of us my hubby, 20 year old daughter, and my handicapped elderly mother in law. The room was clean, no odors the bathroom looked in good shape. We had a 2 room suite, only hotel opened this early in the year. Pool was closed due to cleaning. Restuarant looked nice but not opened. The fitness room was great! Overall not bad for Wildwood. It could use some cleaning around the grounds and new carpets but it was okay. Becareful when you go as groups go here like cheerleader teams and biker groups. We went mid week off season and it was quiet. GOOD LUCK. Oh by the way,my husband did wake up to a bug bite, No one else did though. Many slats in blinds were missing.

Room Tip: Ask for the towers
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pennyfat1234
Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We decided to take a weekend Getaway and reserved the Luxury Suite at the Bolero.
Joe, at the front desk was so friendly and helpful. The room was amazing and very neat and clean. Smelled fantastic as well. First night there, Husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the Jacuzzi. The next day we went up to the rooftop fitness center and was very much surprised at the atmosphere. Top notch fitness center, very clean pool and hot tubs. Shower area very clean. I am not into tanning so I did not use the tanning area.Staff there warm and very friendly.
Restaurant staff very knowledgeable and friendly. Dining room very clean and spacious. Tables set well as well with all things needed to have a great meal. We ate breakfast and everything was really good. Saturday evening we spent the evening at the bar. Shelia is one of the best Bartenders I have seen in a very long time. Very studious in her job, making sure everyone was having a great time. Knowledgeable in the preparation of cocktails. We were treated very well and it made the last night of our Getaway wonderful. Back in the Jacuzzi on our last night as well. Thank you, Management and Staff for making our much needed getaway an extremely successful one. You can bet we will be back over and over again.
I found the pictures on the net and in the brochures to be a very true depiction of the Bolero.
If I had to say anything negative it would have to be that it would have been nice to have a little coffee maker in the room but next time I will bring one. :)

Room Tip: The rooms on the 6th floor will be a little less quieter because the spa is in the 7th floor. The sp...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Suzanne M
Asbury Park, New Jersey
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We arrived at Bolero on Thursday. We made reservations for several nights. Upon arrival it was already clear that the pictures on the website which make this place look beautiful must have been taken in the 1970's which subsequently may mave been the last time this place was cleaned. As soon as we got off the elevator we could smell marijuana. Even so, we went to the pool, the water is disgusting. It was so dirty I cant even believe I went in. I went into the hot tub and stepped on broken pieces that were falling off. The floor was chipped and the plants were dying. This place is nasty. I asked for my money back and was yelled at by the staff who clearly could care less about our experience. Even the lights on the hotel sign outside were broken. This place is sincerely gross. Stay away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business