“Nice and Convienient”

and 1 more site!
Bolero Resort
Ranked #53 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My family stayed here during the Fireman's Convention. We had 2 rooms, One in the Tower and one in the motel part. Both rooms were clean. The room in the Tower had one bedroom w/one single bed and one double. The beds in the Motel part (along the parking lot) actually had bigger beds. We didn't hear the band or DJ as stated previously but all decided we would rather stay in the Motel part. We could walk to everything and having coffee available in the morning was great. The pool outside was nice. The pool inside was cloudy. Staff was very nice. The excersise room was big and had a lot of equiptment. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed at the Bolero Resort in Wildwood, NJ this past August. The Bolero offers accommodations in both the hotel or motel. My reservation was within the hotel. The room was did not meet my expectations in comparison to the rate charged. The hotel overall was not clean. The hotel does not have hand towels, only wash cloths and bath towels both which were way past there usage; drying with a tee shirt would have been more effective. We had a two room mini suite (pull out sofa bed in the living area and a king bed in a separate bedroom. The bedroom was very dark. There were two TV's in the room however the remotes (universals) were not working. The room did have a microwave and a refrigerator however there was no coffee maker. Even more so surprising, there is no complimentary coffee service as is most hotels. There is an on site restaurant, which I bought a cup of coffee to go, however coffee was $1.50 per cup.
The indoor pool located on the 7th floor was nice however the locker rooms and the steam rooms both had visible black mold indicating housekeeping was not up to par!
For the money there are nicer places to stay in Wildwood!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gdgv3
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed at the Bolero Resort in Wildwood, NJ over the Labor Day holiday weekend. I walked in and made the reservations for 2 nights. The rate was extremely higher than the rate that was advertised. The room was nice but did not meet my expectations in comparison to the rate charged. I enoyed my visit to the on-premises restaurant. The food was delicious and the greeter and waiter were extremely professional and friendly. The resort room did not have an iron nor ironing board but they were located in the (hot) laundry room. There was no toaster nor wet bar in the room I stayed. The double bed did not have a flat sheet on it. The sleep sofa needed a good cleaning or it would be better if it was replaced. One elevator serves the resort and the odor was unpleasant. Parking was a hassle. (I'll blame that on the holiday weekend). The resort was conviently located close to the boardwalk. DEFINITELY OVER-RATED!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Request to view the room prior to making reservation.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2012

my husband and I enjoyed ourselves very much we learned from our neighbors that the rooms had been redone from the previous year we were pleased to find the room clean the shower had endless hot water everyone working their was friendly it was only a block and a 1/2 from the boardwalk if you don't like music you won't like it here because there is a bar with music nightly we enjoyed sitting on our balcony listening to the music and watching the lights of the boardwalk we plan on sharing or experience with our family and having a family vacation there next year

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn K
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We (my family and I) just came back from a great weekend at the Bolero Resort in Wildwood, NJ. I must admit that I was a little leary and concerned of what to expect especially after reading the previous reviews. All I can say is that we had a wonderful stay.

The location of the hotel was in a perfect area just a block away from the boards. The front desk staff were cordial. Our rooms were as to be expected and they were clean a fresh. Our stay was quite comfortable.

We are looking forward to revisiting the Bolero in 2013

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Don't believe the pictures that are online. Our room was a big disappointment. Room were small and need a complete makeover! We had an efficiency with a mini fridge! What the hell is that?! Management wasn't friendly never acknowledged us when we came through the office. Both pools were very small & run down. The only good thing at this place were the people who cleaned the rooms! Very friendly & went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Not worth the money we spent!! Will never stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank WestamptonJade
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The Bolero is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Soon as we entered the lobby I noticed the carpets and the floor was dirty and the ONE elevator in the whole building smelt like uraine. Once I checked, the room I was given was was not the room I paid for, and the couch was disgustingly dirty! I went to the front desk and was offered a different room, one of which once again the room was NASTY!!! The sheets on the bed had stains, the wash cloths we're dirty, and there looked like to be some kind of food stains on the door, and the pull out bed was horrible. By then I wanted to speak to a manager, Mike the owner is VERY VERY unprofessional. Instead of trying to accommodate my family and I for the run around and the dissatification he justified the reason of the conditions. He was very rude and nasty. I received my money I paid for that day but couldn't receive my deposit I pre-paid. I checked out and went to stay at another hotel. With the experince I had I would tell anyone and everyone NEVER EVER STAY HERE!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012