“Great location near the boardwalk”
Review of Bolero Resort

Bolero Resort
Ranked #53 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed at the Bolero Resort motel section for the past 5 years. First of all, you will not get a "Resort" feeling when you see this place. It's half Hotel and other Motel. We've stayed in the motel section room 204. It's the room right up from the pool. Rooms are big. It has a small kitchen area and a nice clean bathroom. I do bring my own blankets for the beds and very adimit of making sure my family always wear their shoes or flip flops while walking on the carpet. They do need to get new flooring and update their pull out couch and bedroom comforter. Besides those small negatives that I find myself to be very picky on the location is great since its across the street from the boardwalk. By the way, the motel just added in a new tiki bar. The hotel also has an indoor swimming pool which is a great advantage in case it rains.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ChinaDominicana

Reviewed November 30, 2011

Live only a half hour away but had a benefit to attend at the Bolero's bar & it was my boyfriends birthday so we got a room with a jacuzzi. Was very worried with all the negative reveiws & comments from friends but was very happy with our room. Was very surprised to find it was a suite-bedroom, small kitchenette than a living room with the jacuzzi in it. Completely enjoyed ourselves.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 6th floor & I would advise staying from there on up since music from the bar...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank avalonlion
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Stayed here a few nights for The Roar to The Shore 2 mos ago ( sorry late review )...The place is a dump but i was not expecting much for Wildwood...The kicker that freaked us out was the pull out sofa in the living room...When my friend Rich opened it there was dried blood all over the mattress...Yuckkkkkkk....The staff was friendly enough and for the ralley its probably the best location cause the bar/club is pretty much the epicenter for the Roar so u you dont have to ride you just get in the elevator and go to your room but the rooms are nasty and so is the hotel...If i was there with my family i would have freaked out but i was there with 2 biker buddies and we were only in the room to sleep but even that was uncomfortable...Never again

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank brad b
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Several of my friends and I recently went to Wildwood for a long weekend. We never stayed at the Bolero before. But the selection of hotels open year round is limited and the pictures on the website looked nice, so we booked it (three, 2-room deluxe suites). At the time I made the reservation, I was told the rooms would be in the older, "motel" section. When we arrived, we were told we were being "upgraded" to the newer hotel section. I was rather disappointed. There was only one, very slow elevator, the hallways were dark and dreary. My room was dark as well with a view of the parking lot. The furniture was old and torn and the carpet was rather dirty. However, my friends' rooms were nicer with new furniture and carpeting and a view of the beach and boardwalk. I'm not sure why one room would be so inferior to the others particularly since we all reserved the same type of room and paid the same rate.

The place was noisy. Even on the 5th floor, you could hear the music and noise from the lounge on the ground floor. Overall, It wasn't horrible. The location was convenient, but compared with other hotels I've stayed in season, I don't think it was worth the money and don't plan to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean/boardwalk facing room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2011

The rooms are okay, especially if you are travelling with a large group-- many rooms are able to accommodate several people with several beds. Be prepared-- it's probably going to be very noisy. It's fairly close to the beach-- a few blocks walk-- not right on the beach. Lots of groups come here and really party down, on the balconies with bar-b-ques, singing late into the night, so if you're looking for quiet, definitely look elsewhere. The real problem seems to be with management. Too many complaints were heard being registered at the front desk throughout our stay, and some of them escalated into fights, with management yelling, refusing to give money back, etc.-- there's been some nasty scenes in the 'bar/live band' area that we witnessed-- but it's not just about drunkeness but again some kind of management issue. We didn't have any dealings or problems with mgmt while there, but it was like watching a soap opera play out , "The Mean Manager at Wildwood and the Pissed Off, Ripped-Off Feeling Customers."

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank NoneNamedYet
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We had our Class Reunion at Bolero Resort, very nice bar and restaurant. The bartender Ronnie was fabulous and very attentive to us! He made wonderful Cosmos for us gals!

We also stayed overnight at the resort in the "motel" part, however the a/c wasn't working so we called the front desk to help, he checked it and said I can move you to another room in the main building. That was such personal wonderful service!!!
I highly recommend staying in the main, newer building. We hope to be back again next year!

Room Tip: Rooms i or "suites" in newer building much nicer and better value!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank winelady07
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I took a trip to Wildwood to join in on the Roar to the Shore Sept 2011. Even though it was a spir of the moment run, we checked into this resort. The room was clean, the bathroom was perfect and the water was hot! There wasn't a coffee maker in the room, but it did have a microwave and refridgerator and sink. The bed was the most comfortable in many years. We were right in the center of all the festivities and thousands of cycles everywhere but when it came time to sleep, we never heard a roar of an engine and slept like babies. They have on-site food and a bar that was hopping. We would go again and again and stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple