“Better than I thought it would be. I was very worried because of the negative reviews!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bolero Resort

and 1 more site!
Bolero Resort
Ranked #52 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed here only because a large group of us were staying here for a sports weekend. I was very nervous because of all the unfavorable reviews. Our room was pretty good. We walked in and it smelled very clean, a strong bleach smell, but I figured they did a great job cleaning so I was fine with it. We had a 1st floor, pool-side room which was great for our kids but not great on a Friday night while VERY loud music played until 1 am. I had no idea they played music this late outside or I would never have stayed that close to it. I got no sleep whatsoever. My kids slept fine in the back room. Plenty of room for 5 or 6 people in an efficiency. The sofa bed mattress was very thin and actually hurt. There aren't enough outlets or bathroom hooks, the microwave didnt work properly and the fridge didnt seem very cold. I also heard from a few people they didnt have an iron or a hair dryer, just fyi. The bartender at the pool was very nice, always went out of her way to do a great job, and she made the drinks nice and strong. The outdoor pool was very clean and spacious. The indoor pool and hot tub area were great and the man working there was quite friendly! Awesome location, only 1 block from the boardwalk!

Room Tip: If you have children or babies don't stay right next to the pool, stay a few rooms down. Very lo...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SillySallyNewJersey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Walden, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

Our experience which just occured was a disaster. Broken AC (mind you it was 95+ most of the weekend) . Refridge was not working properly,Bath room door off track, foldout bed from the sofa needed TWO maintence workers to pry it open.After booking in Feb paying the top rate this was a major disappointment and I certainly would not recommend this place. I do have to give the maintenance workers for trying to do their job under difficult conditions. P.S. Could you please have a manager available ON SITE !!!

Ernest

4 Thank psalm111a

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Chalfont, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever been in! We traveled for a short get away mid week with the kids to enjoy the beach, maybe swim in the pool and hit the boardwalk at night. Upon arrival and after checking in thru a clean, updated lobbey(the only nice spot in the entire hotel) we went to our room. We quickly decided we would rather sleep in the car and tried to leave but the management refused to give us a refund. The fridge in the room had been leaking for quite some time and there was a puddle in the rug with mold growing on the carpet. I am not kidding! The pool was green from lack of maintance and there is no way I would ever allow my kids to put in a toe. Absolutely horrible! I can't beleive this place hasn't been shut down by the health dept!

Room Tip: Run for your lives!!!
4 Thank mominpa_11
Tarrytown, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in July 2011. The hotel pictures do not look like the actual hotel, the rooms are old and stale, it was really gross!!! I would not recomend this hotel at all, the smaller ma and pop ones looked so much nicer. The only thing this hotel had was that it was 1 block from the boardwalk. That's it! it was way over priced and you are paying for the location. Screens from the windows were broken and blowing in the wind, the walls were very thin. We stayed in the main building and they had 1 elevator which took forever to use. We had to park across the street which was a long walk back to the hotel, I asked the gentleman sitting outside the parking lot if there was a handicap paking space, as the nice fellow took his finger out of his nose he asked who's handicapped? What an idiot!!!!! HE'S NOT ALLOWED TO ASK THAT QUESTION!!!!!
Next time I go to Wildwood, I will be staying somewhere else and I would advise the same to you.

4 Thank capricorn135
Runnemede, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

First, the Blue Water Grill, the food was the best I have ever had anywhere!!!! Portions were plentiful and prices are excellent. We stayed in the hotel part. It was fabulous!!! Met the owner, very very nice man, went to both pools, the deck, the Teki bar outside at the out-door pool, got a spa treatment, swam inside when it poured Friday night and 1 block to the beach and boards. The rooms and hallway could use alittle upgrading, but when I tell you it is so worth the money, compared to anything else on the island, you cannot go wrong. Staff (front desk, to the pool, bartender outside, and the servers) were more then accommodating in every way. Parking accommodated 2 cars. We even left 2 bags behind and they are sending it COD for us via the Post Office across the street. They have so much to offer and I cannot wait to go back. Thank you Bolero for making our mini vacation the most enjoyable it could have possibly been!!!!!!!! We loved being your guest!!!!!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Elmira, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

Not only myself, but other family members were very disappointed with the Bolero. Our rooms were by the pool, which was great, but, we had NO tags to put on the door for housekeeping, NO information books, NO directions on the phones to inform us how to call room-to-room, my second key didn't work properly. The carpets were disgusting! They sure NEED an "upgrading" or at the very least a good shampooing!!!!! I was very disappointed in the "2 double beds"??? The pull-out sofa was ok in my room, but in my sons room with 2 small children, I could just puke! It looked like they took it from the DUMP!! There wasn't even Internet access in the rooms. GET WITH THE TIMES BELERO! The tv's are OLD, some channels had NO SOUND. The ONLY clock in the room was on the tiny microwave, which, wasn't even programed in! The rooms are WAY over-priced for what we got. I would NEVER recommend the Belero Resort to anyone. The ONLY thing I could say POSITIVE about this hotel is....I didn't see any BUGS!

Room Tip: My tip----LOOK AROUND!!!!!! There HAS to be much better places to stay that are worth all the money...
2 Thank linlew
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

We came to Wildwood for a two fqmily vacation. I have never been so disappointed in any resort stay as the Bolero. The rude manner of the front desk staff on check-in was my first opinion of the place. The room smelled when we entered and the staff refused to do anything about it. The only positive note was the housekeeping staff tried to do everything they could, but i'm sure their hands were tied by the management. The cable service was poor. There was not wireless in each room, only in the lobby area. When I asked the management about this, I was told to come to the lobby to work on the computer. There were no coffee makers in the room as advertised. The location within Wildwood was excellent, it is to bad that the management of this place was so poor and cared nothing about you after they got your money!!!!!

2 Thank GreenMachine54