“Bolero Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Manheim, Pennsylvania
“Bolero Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

We made reservations at the Bolero Resort, unaware that there are outdoor rooms and indoor rooms. We stayed in the outdoor rooms which are on the hotel side of the building. Had we known that what we booked was actually on the Bolero Hotel side (still connected to the Resort), we would have changed it so that we were inside. The steps to get to the hotel rooms are all outside... There is no elevator on the hotel side, though you can still go into the resort & use the pool / hot tub. Our stay was great and the staff was friendly and we would definitely stay here again, only on the resort side this time! We did not get a chance to eat at the resorts restaurant, but we did go in and look around - it looked very nice and we'd try it next time!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Duncansville, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

We visit Wildwood almost every year and now that we have Found the Bolero we are sure to stay there from now on. We love it! The price is right and the service is GREAT! And its just a few blocks to the beach and board walk! Keep up the good work Bolero!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank macnpaigemommy
Cape May, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

We were here to celebrate my grandsons 5th birthday. There were many of us at the hotel in addition to a few friends who came for the day. We used the indoor pool area for our party. It was warm(inside:))and the children had a wonderful time. Locker rooms were clean and spacious. We ate dinner and breakfast and everyone was happy with their meals. That is wonderful, considering how many different people the were pleasing. Would highly recommend as one of the best in Wildwood!!!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

Well our first time in Wildwood NJ, I did my reservation in Bolero Hotel, but after these I stared to read the reviews and I did not liked what I was reading; but anyway we Tooke a chance, when I got there actually I was expending the worse service, the worse room, the worse fitness room, the worse pool.. etc.. etc…. and etc……so I was afraid.. Well let me tell you something… I was wrong, it wasn’t what I expected as far all the bad reviews that I have read. The accommodations were very good, the room was clean, the restaurant was excellent, the fitness room fantastic, the pool clean the Jacuzzi warm and the steam room working in excellent condition, plenty of towers , the employs in general were very polite and very professional.
Boleros restaurant had the BEST MARGARITAS, and BEST BARTENDER, she was quick and very polite always with a smile in her face even when she was very, busy.... The food and the entertainment excellent all night long.

3 Thank alexandra0131
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

THANK YOU….to the front desk and the management t Michael Lerro, we really had a FANTASTIC TIME  GRACIAS...

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MLerro, General Manager at Bolero Resort, responded to this review, April 25, 2011
It was a pleasure having you as our guest. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to your return to the Wildwoods.
Levittown, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

This has to be the worst hotel/motel I have ever stayed in. We went with a large group for a cheerleading competition that we decided to attent the Tuesday before the event. Our rooms had to be booked through the Wildwood Convention Center and this was 1 of the only hotels they had left. This alone should have told us something. We were told we were getting an efficency suite with 2 double beds and a pull out sofa bed. Room enough to sleep 6, when we arrived in the room was 1 double bed, 1 twin bed and a couch that was so dirty I would not let my dog sleep on it let alone my children.
I also had an issue with my keys not working and was not able to get into my room for 2 hours because the manager/owner was no where to be found, He was the rudest person I have ever come into contact with and had the attutide that he was doing me a favor by letting my stay at this dump of a motel.
Thank goodness we were only there for 1 night,

• Stayed April 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank sue0911
MLerro, General Manager at Bolero Resort, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
This guest booked a unit through the Wildwood Convention Center's housing department. She may have been told by that authority that she would receive certain bedding; however, the lodging grid we received had her in the unit she was assigned to. Prior to arrival, a full maid service was performed. At that time, the door lock was fully functional and showed no signs of malfunction. When the guest indicated her locks were not functioning properly, I personally attended to the issue. I would like to note that, despite her claim that the lock's batteries were not working, the entire lockset and batteries had been replaced by our maintenance staff less than one month prior. Notwithstanding this fact, I removed the lock, reprogrammed the device and confirmed its proper functionality. Upon her return the guest indicated that her locks did not work once again. She had not waited two hours as she now claims, nor three hours as she claimed when she was here, but rather five minutes. I again went with the guest to her unit to find that her keys were indeed not working.
The fact of the matter is that the lockset is new and in no need of replacement. The magnetic keycards are often deprogrammed by magnetic forces of cellular devices and the stronger magnetic strips found in credit cards and wallets, by not being stored in the key envelopes, as I believe is the case in this instance. Upon once again reprogramming the lockset and using the guest's keycard to open the lock, the guest insisted her entire stay be free. I explained that I didn't believe a malfunctioning keycard denoted such compensation, but of course she disagreed.
Following our discussion on compensation, this guest later came to the front desk where she proceeded to rant in front of other guests about issues that were fictitious. She claimed, among other things, that the full size bed wasn't really a full bed. I believe this type of claim speaks to the nature of the guest for which this review was filed.

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

North Wales, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

The Shore Showdown,and The Beast of the East ..Cheer Competition was going on April 16th and 17th. 2011. What was to to be a fun filled weekend of Cheer for Cheerleaders turned into a nightmare of filth, horrible food and staff who lied to you and just didnt care. When I first arrived with my daughter, I asked if there was any rooms in the hotel since I was in the Motel and the rest of the Cheer squad was in the Hotel. The front desk man told me no. Within 10 minutes my friend arrived and asked the same question but she was persistant and got the manager who got her an available room in the Hotel. When I got to my room I checked the beds for the room appeared dirty. the bedspread had numereous holes and a big rip in it. The boxspring and Mattress were ripped open along one whole side. The curtain was broken so anyone could see in since the parking lot was right outside our door. My friend informed me that a family on the 4th floor was moved yet another available room in the Hotel for their room had bedbugs according to that family. I went to the front desk man and informed him of the above. His statement to me was that he didint know what I was talking about. He gave me another room which was no better than the first. This one even had spiders in the showers and the heat didnt work and it was cold outside. I would have slept in my car if it was not so cold out. I layered my swatshirt and winter coat, put towels over the pillows and my hoodie and my daughters were up. We stayed fully clothed including socks and shoes and layed on the bed. My daughter was so grossed out, she literally slept on top of me. Neither one of us got any sleep and she had to compete first thing in the morning. I was too tired to argue for my money back in the morning. As for the food, it was just as bad as the Hotel and the male waiter was rude. I did report this Dump to the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank beachykeen3
MLerro, General Manager at Bolero Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Several points need to be addressed in regards to this review. I find it astonishing that any person would believe a hotel would lie about the availability of an upgraded room. Rooms in the hotel section rent for a higher nightly rate than those in the motel. That higher rate denotes higher revenues accordingly. If, at any time, a person would like to upgrade to a room with a higher nightly rate, it would be asinine to decline that request. That said, the claim that a desk clerk denied a guest an upgraded room is erroneous. The statement that the guest's friend was upgraded is thereby fallacious as well.
Addressing the second point of the review, there was at no time during the weekend any claim of bedbugs anywhere is our establishment. Bedbugs are an epidemic in the hospitality industry and we take any claim with the highest severity. Unbeknownst to most travelers, bedbugs are caused by previous guests, not the hotel itself. Due to this, our housekeeping staff has been trained to perform a check-down for every room. A special cryogenic machine was also purchased so that in the unlikely case that a bedbug is found, the room can be decommissioned and treated in the most ecological manner. To date, the machine has yet to be used.
Furthermore, while the reviewer claims a heating issue in their unit, no history was found in the guest log or maintenance log to denote this claim. Our establishment utilizes commercial grade central heating & cooling Trane units. While no unit can be guaranteed to be functional forever, our maintenance staff is highly trained in the repair of this particular unit. Had a problem been submitted, it would have been resolved in a timely manner. As no problem was reported, I consider this claim to be fictitious as well.
To continue to dispute the abundantly artificial claims would serve no purpose at this point, however, one final note should be mentioned. It is of high importance that our establishment stresses customer service. To claim that our staff is uncaring is an outright lie; so much so, in fact, that I felt it necessary to respond to this review.