“Very Impressed!”

Ranked #5 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Boca Raton, Florida
“Very Impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is the first time I've been to Wildwood and didn't feel the need to use my own sheets and pillowcases!! This place was immaculate! .... We stayed in one of the ocean front suites and was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room.... from the bathroom to the floors: not even a grain of sand to be found(a rare thing for a beach motel). The updated kitchenette had a 2 burner electric stove,microwave, dishes and glasses and also a decent size refrigerator. The manager Bill was genuinely friendly and accommodating. The location of this motel is Perfect! You can park your car and walk everywhere! It's located directly on the boardwalk. The pool was clean and inviting... We were also offered wristbands to use the facilities across the street at their other location. We will definitely be returning to Sea N Sun!

Room Tip: Ocean front was worth the additional $$
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Weddingwoman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Brooklyn NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We had called several places before calling S & S. no one had nothing available for our dize family. 5 of us. Cant remember names but i think Bill is at the front desk. Was great for what we needed. The motel was perfect. Nice size pool. The room was good for us. It had 2 beds plus a sofa bed ( which we didnt use). Everything was clean. More than enough towels. A lil fridge where we stored our water and other beverages. The location of the motel is perfect also. Around the corner from the boardwalk. I will definitely recommend them.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank inoacitydr
Far Rockaway, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was our first visit to Wildwood, NJ and our first stay at a motel. Sean-N-Sun is located right on Wildwood's Boardwalk, and in the center of all the Boardwalk attractions. If you love people-watching, then you'll enjoy the view from the Oceanfront Effcieny. Everything is within walking distance or you can jump on the tram for $3/person to get you to either end of the Boardwalk.

The Oceanfront Efficiency room was spacious and clean. The room could use a little updating, but again, this was my first stay at a motel, so not sure how it ranks among motels. Wildwood does not offer any luxury hotel accommodations, so based on the other motels I saw in town, this one looks like it was one of the nicer ones. The staff was super friendly!

The fully-equipped kitchenette (looks recently renovated) was appreciated. We put that to good use.

Again, I think the biggest selling point for this place is its location.

6 Thank Annie M
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I spent considerable time on Trip Advisor before my granddaughter and I went to Wildwood - she had never seen the ocean and this trip was part of her graduation present. I thought I had found the perfect place and everything seemed to confirm that! This was further confirmed upon calling to make my reservation - I felt that the gentleman taking my reservation was very understanding of what I was requesting (an ocean view was a must!) He explained everything on the phone, and to my surprise when we walked into the lobby we were greeted by name! The room was wonderful - large, with a wonderful ocean view as well as a great overlook of the boardwalk and a view of the famous Ferris Wheel. The room was spotless, had not only a stove, microwave and refrigerator, but even a dishwasher! Even better, plates, utensils, etc. were all provided! Plenty of room for us to spread out for 3 days! We also enjoyed the use of the pool, and the pool area was also very clean and well maintained. The staff were all very friendly, and extremely helpful - for example when we asked where we could find the closest ATM, we were directed to one without a fee - and it was explained that the boardwalk ATMs charged exorbitant fees, which we would not have known. We also were provided with a great deal of information about the area, things to do, and provided with maps and coupons - not just handed to us, but opened and explained where things were in relation to the hotel. It was clear to us that our comfort and enjoyment were important to every level of staff person we encountered. Living in Oklahoma, it may be a while before I can return to Wildwood - but when I do I won't even consider staying anywhere else!!

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor room with the ocean view!!!
1 Thank Patricia S
Freeport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We just spent 4 nights in an oceanfront efficiency. This property has shared owners with the Riviera Resort Motel which is located across the street. I had the pleasure of booking my room with Beth on the phone (over at the Riviera) a few hours prior to my last minute, late night arrival. She was more than happy to assist and made sure that her staff was ready for me when I got there. Her staff even saved me a spot close to our room since it was so late at night. These kind gestures make the stay so enjoyable. Billy and John at the Sea and Surf were also very kind and wanted to make sure we had a great time.

Our room had two double beds and a pull out sofa. The room is much larger than most motel rooms in Wildwood. It was approximately 14' x 32'. The housekeeping staff keeps this place immaculately clean. The kitchenette was newly renovated with granite counter tops and a glass top burner. The pictures on the motel website do not even show the updated look. The refrigerator was almost full size and the kitchen had everything you would need to cook (utensils, pots & pans, coffee maker, microwave, toaster, etc.). Our room was literally over the Winterwood Christmas tree shop so every morning, I opened my curtains to view the beautiful ocean from the panoramic style windows. I loved looking out my window at night too because you could see all the lights from the rides at the amusement parks.

The motel is located in between Mariner's Landing Pier and Adventure Pier. You cannot beat the location of this place. As a mom traveling with small children, it was quite convenient to just walk right up onto the boardwalk and be at the center of Wildwood. There are endless options to eat all within walking distance. The Rite Aid is also within walking distance.

We did not use the pool while we were there, but I did see it being cleaned and maintained. There is also a shower for guests to use to get off the sand from the beach before going into your room. My only complaint is that there is no where to hang your beach/pool towels to dry except the common patio Adirondack chairs. In addition, if you are looking for a room that is more quiet, you may want to choose a room in the motel that is not overlooking the boardwalk as you do hear the people and the famous tram car. Further, it seems that this place runs a tight ship. Guests are required to wear wrist bands to indicate that you are a paying guest of the motel and be allowed on the property. There are signs all over the property and in the room reminding guests of all the rules & penalties. I appreciate this because it makes the property better for everyone.

I have already had two friends book here since I arrived last week. One friend was extremely happy with her room and my other friend will be coming this weekend. Overall, this place exceeded my expectations and I look forward to coming back. Thank you again for the great stay!

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are on the boardwalk so it is not the most quiet of rooms. I was not bothered by t...
2 Thank LoreenNY
Suffern, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Not one for surprises Sea N Sun is always my first choice when visiting Wildwood.

We discovered the Sea N Sun after a long drive home from Virginia Beach years ago. We were so impressed by the management and cleanliness back then, have been back a few times since, and are never disappointed after all of these years.

The oceanfront efficiency rooms with views of the boardwalk were booked so we opted for an upper level deluxe. The refrigerator, microwave, wet bar, and size of room was perfect for our family of 5. Much more spacious than my friends room next door for the same price. It is 3 floors up so if you have a hard time with stairs choose a lower level poolside room.

The pool at the Sea N Sun is small so we usually head over to the pool at the Riviera with the kids. I'm sure the couples without children appreciate that.

We love that the hotel is so close to the Boardwalk/Beach Entrance, Especially after a long night on the Boardwalk, or day at the Beach.

The only down side is there are so many signs with rules etc, and strict guest policies that you almost feel like you're staying at a bed and breakfast or in someone else's home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RNY5
Bensalem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We really enjoyed our stat at the Sea-N-SUN Resort in Wildwood, NJ. We stayed in an efficiency unit overlooking the boardwalk. The room was clean, kitchen very well equipped (looked brand new), and room was spacious for 4 people. The kitchen came with all the serving pieces plates, flatware, kitchen towels and wash clothes and dishwasher soap. Great location. Hotel was located between pier 2 and 3. No balcony but big windows overlooking boardwalk and ocean. Only con was extremely strict with outside guests - no visitors allowed!

Room Tip: Efficiency was clean and well equipped.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family