“Hope you have a parking spot & garbage is taken out!”
Review of Ocean Sands Motel

Ocean Sands Motel
Ranked #40 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
maryland
“Hope you have a parking spot & garbage is taken out!”
Reviewed September 30, 2009

Stayed there for the fall car show on the boardwalk, have stayed there a few years now. This year they have new management. When a few of us returned to the hotel with our classic cars from the boardwalk no parking spaces at the hotel. They were sold to the parking lot directly behind the Ocean Sands when the lot was filled. These are not everyday cars that you would want to park anywhere website states one car per unit should be changed to maybe one car per unit if the spot is not sold . Another rooms garbage was not taken out they had 2 bags of garbage in there room, when she went into the office she was told to put it on top of the dumpster the guest refused. Remember the sour beer face well the manager had it.
Good luck if you stay there!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank cargal67

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cherry Hill, NJ
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We had 2 rooms for 2 nights at this hotel. We were promised 1 room with a kitchen and one standard room. At checkin, we were assigned 2 standard rooms. After some effort, the issue was resolved.

The location is about 1/2 block to the boardwalk, very close to Morey's Pier. They have a decent looking pool, although we didn't use it. The way the room windows are angled affords some privacy while sitting on the balcony (which was nice).

Inside, the rooms are in desperate need of rennovations. Bathrooms are original (installed in late 1950's?), bedroom furniture appears to be from the early 1980's. Odd plumbing /eletrical problems abound. Believe it or not, the carpeting appeared to have been installed within the last 4 or 5 years. Beds were just okay. Fortunately both the mattress and boxspring were encased to protect from anything living inside them.

Overall, it was barely accetable. A few times i debated telling them we had to leave for another hotel....but alas I made it!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Me215
Lovethebeach3710, Manager at Ocean Sands Motel, responded to this review, September 16, 2010
What our guest forgot to inform you during the review of our property is that the guest booked and paid for our two of our one room motel rooms. They had requested to be close to each other. The only rooms we had available at the time was a one room motel room and a one room efficiency. The women at the front desk upgraded one of the rooms for them so that they could be near each other. The day before the guest checked in a room cancelled next to there one room motel room. So upon check in the guest received two one room motel rooms, that the guest booked and paid for.
Virginia
Reviewed July 5, 2009

A friend and I spent the July 4th weekend at the Ocean Sands in Wildwood, NJ. We arrived several hours early and were lucky enough to find that our room was "ready." The motel is very basic - no luxuries - just a room with a bed.

The bathroom was dirty. There was a brown filth ring around the tub and urine on the underside of the toilet. We cleaned the bathroom ourselves with Clorox Cleanups. It didn't take a lot of scrubbing, just wiping and the ring was gone. Obviously, someone was just too lazy to do it. Being that it was a holiday weekend, we didn't have convenient alternatives for lodging - so we stayed. However, the initial impression was a lasting impression!

Pros: The good part is that the AC was cold, the water was hot, and the pool was clean.
The boardwalk was close - only one block away and in the middle of everything including the water park.

Cons: The room wasn't clean. The linen was never changed. The bathroom was dirty.

Summary: It wasn't clean, neither the living area or bathroom. The service was poor because it wasn't clean. The front desk people were nice, but I'm more interested in the servicing of my room. The location was great! I was very pleased and a one minute walk to the street let us have a great view of the July 4th fireworks, not the 10:30pm nightly fireworks. The value was fair considering it was a holiday. Normally, though, I wouldn't pay that price. The room was small and adequate, just not clean.

My travel philosophy for non-romantic trips is: a room is just a place to lay your head. Travel to see the town not the room. If you share this philosophy I recommend this spot.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank paulatlantis

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 18, 2009

I went there last year and had such a good time my boyfriend and I decided to stay again this year. The manager Jean takes good care of her return guests. Jean has taken care of any problem we had; We come back each year for a specific event, and the fun does not stop from the time we get there until the time we leave. Although it could be updated for just sleeping its great!!! I will keep going back and staying there at the Ocean Sands.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Pottstown
Reviewed June 23, 2008

After the most horrible experience at the Eden Roc, with mold, filth, world's most rude mgr. etc, My husband, daughter, & myself checked out after 20 mins of being there. We drove around Wildwood with our 4 year old crying her eyes out thinking we were not going to have a place to stay. We had looked at several hotels before choosing to stay at the Ocean Sands. This place was like a palace compared to the Eden Roc. The manager was american & spoke english!!! She was very nice & the hotel, although a little out dated, was very clean. We enjoyed our stay here & had no complaints! The refrigerator was clean, air conditioner worked, water ran hot/cold, toilets flushed (all of which did NOT work at the Eden Roc). Our over all stay was acomidating & pleasant. We are considering a trip to the Jersey shore again this year & will definitely consider this hotel should they have the availability! Thank you to the staff who looked out for us!

• Liked — The american, English speaking staff who actually smile at you!!
  • Disliked — The outdatedness of the rooms.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Bronx, NY
Reviewed September 9, 2007

My boyfriend & I stayed at the Ocean Sands motel in Wildwood for 2 nights (August 17th & 18th). We went to Wildwood without any motel reservations. After checking a few different places, we drove by the Ocean Sands. Jean the Manager was very friendly & helpful. I was so happy to find a motel with a friendly person behind the desk that wasn't trying to rip us off! We wound up booking an efficiency suite that came with 2 double beds & a small kitchen.

The room had great air-conditioning, very good hot water in the shower, and was very clean. You're literally a 1/2 a block from the boardwalk - very convenient!!!!!! The pool looked really nice, but we didn't have a chance to go in. Plus, they put restaurant guides & brochures for the area in the room.

We will definitely be back next summer ~ Can't Wait! :) I hope Jean will still be there.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed August 9, 2007

I reserved a room to enjoy a few days at Wild Woods with my children (ages 2 and 4). When we arrived at the motel the air conditioner was not working. They fixed it the next morning, but then I realized the bath tub water wasn't running. I had to give my children a shower. Now, how am i supposed to wash my children's hair with only the shower running?? When the manager was notified, all she had to say was "wow, you're getting hit with all the sorts of problems". She didn't offer to fix it for us. Now what kind of a manager is that!!!! I truly feel sorry for the family that would be using the room.
This motel experience was the WORST ever!!!! I would definitely not return nor recommend this motel to anyone.

• Liked — It was peaceful.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family