“You get what you pay for :(” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ocean Sands Motel

Ocean Sands Motel
Ranked #46 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Shamokin, Pennsylvania
“You get what you pay for :(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Absolutely under NO circumstances do you want to stay at this outdated dump. My family stayed there June 18-23, 2012, and I was actually considering leaving the second day, forfeiting the cost and going to another hotel. The original room we were put in smelled horrible, kind of like raw sewage, had electricity in ONE outlet, had nasty sticky carpet and was not very clean. I sucked it up until the second day, then asked to be moved to another room, which did happen. The second room was better, but I will never stay there again. I should have listened to all the bad reviews and STAYED AWAY. I definitely learned "ya get what ya pay for!".

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Sue S

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Maple Shade, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

This was our first family trip to Wildwood where we would be staying in a Motel for a weekend vs a house for a week. I'll admit between the low price and a few of the not so nice reviews I was worried. All those worries were gone when we arrived! We were greeted at check in by a very friendly woman (didnt get her name) parking was not a problem at all, and our rooms were very clean and exactly as described on their website. Our room was on the first floor right across from the pool and all the other tenants outside were very friendly as well. The location was perfect, right across from the boardwalk and near the piers for rides. If I had to find a downside, and finding one was difficult, I would have to say the ice machine..lol. Not that it was a huge deal but after paying to stay somewhere, having to pay a quarter everytime you need to fill the ice bucket was hard at times if you didnt have change. Also the Motel behind Ocean Sands (i think Boardwalk Bungalow) plays music outside pretty late into the night so my kids had a bit of a hard time the first night trying to sleep as Runaround Sue was blaring lol. But after the first night they were used to it and exhausted from activities they fell fast asleep. Great place to stay and would stay again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Deerfield Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

We had a great experience here! It's in a great location- close to the boardwalk and beach. We found it to be clean and the service was friendly and above what we expected. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The pool was nice and my children had a great time in it! We felt it was a great value and would definitely stay there again next year.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank D R
NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

My biggest problem with this motel were the uncomfortable beds! My friend and I shared a bed and there was a huge dent in the middle so we'd keep rolling into each other throughout the night. Not to mention, the springs just dug into my back and I'd end up with back pains in the morning. The room was also pretty old and dingy looking which made it uncomfortable. I'm not all that picky with motel/hotel rooms, but this was hard to deal with. I stayed here with a friend's family so I'm not sure what they paid, but I'd venture to guess it was more than it was worth. One of the only good points was that it is down the block from the boardwalk. Also, the pool was nice so that was a plus. But those are definitely the only two positive points. I wouldn't recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank rubysoho2

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

The room at first glance was of old decor and dingy. At second glance, it was just dirty. Other than being located near the boardwalk, I couldnt imagine anyone ever booking this place. The shower head was MIA. There was a mist that sputtered out of the place the shower head should have been that never reached intended spots to wash. Electrical cords would just fall out of the wall. The remote control batteries were dead. The light bulbs needed to be replaced. If I paid 40 bucks a night, maybe I could just ignore certain things. For the price I paid, I'd gladly pay 50 to 100 dollars more per night for a more hospitable environment.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank bazoogler
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2011

After learning my daughter could not find her camera and thinking maybe it was left at this Hotel, I called to find out if we left it there. The first phone call resulted in a man answering and me saying is this Ocean Sands, no response. I then said hello two times no reponse. Thinking the telephone call was disconnected I called back again. I stated who I was, what room stayed in and still no response. I asked are you there, he says yeah, I'm here. I asked him if the camera was possibly left behind he rudely states No, we don't have it. Thinking maybe his response would be, I will check the room and call you back. I then asked him his name, he questioned me why I needed his name. I explained he was being very arrogant, he then says "Yeah, I have your camera is that what you want to hear?" I told him I will never book his hotel again. This is a $200 camera and after paying for the room which was over $200, I didn't deserve to be treated in that way. How does a hotel talk to a guest that way that has stayed there and would possibly consider staying there again in the future? I will never give another penny to this hotel again. If you can't talk nice don't answer the phone!

Stayed April 2011
10 Thank laking1
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

The new owner that has taken over the hotel really need to improve his customer skills, because we the customer's is what makes his money for him not him being rude to the clients. never would i tell a friend about this place, because customer service goes a long way.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family