“Uncomfortable Beds, Dingy Rooms”
Review of Ocean Sands Motel

Ocean Sands Motel
Ranked #38 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My biggest problem with this motel were the uncomfortable beds! My friend and I shared a bed and there was a huge dent in the middle so we'd keep rolling into each other throughout the night. Not to mention, the springs just dug into my back and I'd end up with back pains in the morning. The room was also pretty old and dingy looking which made it uncomfortable. I'm not all that picky with motel/hotel rooms, but this was hard to deal with. I stayed here with a friend's family so I'm not sure what they paid, but I'd venture to guess it was more than it was worth. One of the only good points was that it is down the block from the boardwalk. Also, the pool was nice so that was a plus. But those are definitely the only two positive points. I wouldn't recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank rubysoho2

Reviewed July 18, 2011

The room at first glance was of old decor and dingy. At second glance, it was just dirty. Other than being located near the boardwalk, I couldnt imagine anyone ever booking this place. The shower head was MIA. There was a mist that sputtered out of the place the shower head should have been that never reached intended spots to wash. Electrical cords would just fall out of the wall. The remote control batteries were dead. The light bulbs needed to be replaced. If I paid 40 bucks a night, maybe I could just ignore certain things. For the price I paid, I'd gladly pay 50 to 100 dollars more per night for a more hospitable environment.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank bazoogler
Reviewed April 21, 2011

After learning my daughter could not find her camera and thinking maybe it was left at this Hotel, I called to find out if we left it there. The first phone call resulted in a man answering and me saying is this Ocean Sands, no response. I then said hello two times no reponse. Thinking the telephone call was disconnected I called back again. I stated who I was, what room stayed in and still no response. I asked are you there, he says yeah, I'm here. I asked him if the camera was possibly left behind he rudely states No, we don't have it. Thinking maybe his response would be, I will check the room and call you back. I then asked him his name, he questioned me why I needed his name. I explained he was being very arrogant, he then says "Yeah, I have your camera is that what you want to hear?" I told him I will never book his hotel again. This is a $200 camera and after paying for the room which was over $200, I didn't deserve to be treated in that way. How does a hotel talk to a guest that way that has stayed there and would possibly consider staying there again in the future? I will never give another penny to this hotel again. If you can't talk nice don't answer the phone!

Stayed: April 2011
10  Thank laking1
Reviewed November 10, 2010

The new owner that has taken over the hotel really need to improve his customer skills, because we the customer's is what makes his money for him not him being rude to the clients. never would i tell a friend about this place, because customer service goes a long way.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank sink32
Reviewed November 9, 2010

This was my second year staying the weekend here. I never had a problem with anything or anyone. When ever I had an issue the staff were there to help. The rates are good, having a grill to use was convenient, the pool and rooms were clean.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2010

It was our 21st Wedding Anversary. We just stayed one night. The maid was great keeping the rest room clean(clean when we arrived) Great room price for being-main season & AC worked great. Downfall was, the TV didn't go up to loud couldn't hear it in the bed, uncomfortable bed & guests were WAY to loud outside our room until 2 in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FunkyTownWildwood
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Location was great, air conditioner worked great. For this price though I would expect more. I thought I was in a bad sci-Fi movie and got transported back to 1953. Rooms were clean I guess , the pool did look really nice. Rooms were really in need of an update though. They could pull of a 50's theme but it wood require a Lot of work. Shower was terrible and water went from cold to hot without a warning and the shower head was all busted. The toilet was something. Flush that baby and it created a whirling vortex that any hurricane would be proud of. I'm afraid if you had a body part in there when you flushed it that ot would suck you tight down. All in all a place to crash but it should be about $50 bucks

2  Thank Interwoven