“Nice Hotel, horrible manners!”
Review of Ocean Sands Motel

Ocean Sands Motel
Ranked #40 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice Hotel, horrible manners!”
Reviewed April 21, 2011

After learning my daughter could not find her camera and thinking maybe it was left at this Hotel, I called to find out if we left it there. The first phone call resulted in a man answering and me saying is this Ocean Sands, no response. I then said hello two times no reponse. Thinking the telephone call was disconnected I called back again. I stated who I was, what room stayed in and still no response. I asked are you there, he says yeah, I'm here. I asked him if the camera was possibly left behind he rudely states No, we don't have it. Thinking maybe his response would be, I will check the room and call you back. I then asked him his name, he questioned me why I needed his name. I explained he was being very arrogant, he then says "Yeah, I have your camera is that what you want to hear?" I told him I will never book his hotel again. This is a $200 camera and after paying for the room which was over $200, I didn't deserve to be treated in that way. How does a hotel talk to a guest that way that has stayed there and would possibly consider staying there again in the future? I will never give another penny to this hotel again. If you can't talk nice don't answer the phone!

Stayed April 2011
10 Thank laking1

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 10, 2010

The new owner that has taken over the hotel really need to improve his customer skills, because we the customer's is what makes his money for him not him being rude to the clients. never would i tell a friend about this place, because customer service goes a long way.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank sink32
Lansdowne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 9, 2010

This was my second year staying the weekend here. I never had a problem with anything or anyone. When ever I had an issue the staff were there to help. The rates are good, having a grill to use was convenient, the pool and rooms were clean.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Pennsville, New Jersey
Reviewed July 26, 2010

It was our 21st Wedding Anversary. We just stayed one night. The maid was great keeping the rest room clean(clean when we arrived) Great room price for being-main season & AC worked great. Downfall was, the TV didn't go up to loud couldn't hear it in the bed, uncomfortable bed & guests were WAY to loud outside our room until 2 in the morning.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FunkyTownWildwood
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Location was great, air conditioner worked great. For this price though I would expect more. I thought I was in a bad sci-Fi movie and got transported back to 1953. Rooms were clean I guess , the pool did look really nice. Rooms were really in need of an update though. They could pull of a 50's theme but it wood require a Lot of work. Shower was terrible and water went from cold to hot without a warning and the shower head was all busted. The toilet was something. Flush that baby and it created a whirling vortex that any hurricane would be proud of. I'm afraid if you had a body part in there when you flushed it that ot would suck you tight down. All in all a place to crash but it should be about $50 bucks

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank Interwoven
Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed June 10, 2010

If you don't want to stay in a motel loaded with rowdy, loud, disrespectful, and rude teenagers stay away from this dump.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank beachlover8287
Lovethebeach3710, Manager at Ocean Sands Motel, responded to this review, September 16, 2010
Our hotel policy for Memorial Day weekend is any guest checking in must be over twenty five years of age. Memorial Day weekend is a teenager friendly weekend and we at the Ocean Sands try the best we can to keep our hotel family friendly.

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 24, 2010

My wife and I took our grandchildren down for the weekend of 5/21 - 5/23. We found the place online and they had a great rate of $74 per night for a 1 room eff. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the towels were soft. The room was newly painted. Unfortunately it was the scouts beach jam and also senior week. There was one incident with some seniors fighting but the people running the motel took care of it right away. If your looking for a nice clean typical wildwood motel then you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family