“Terrible Motel! Don't waste your money!”
Review of Tropicana Motel

Tropicana Motel
Ranked #27 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed June 19, 2009

First off, we went to this hotel as an alternative. He said we could have two rooms for $600 & then when we came back the raised it to $1,000 because we were minors. When we finally got a room, it was disgusting. The shower seemed like it was just used, there was water still in it. There was a pretzel stuck between the mattress & bed frame. The stove was rusting, & the kitchen was so small it couldn't even be used. The room smelt musty. We ended up not wanting to stay there because the room was unbearable. After 5 minutes, we asked for a refund but he refused to give it to us. Don't stay at this motel, its a rip-off.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 20, 2008

I stayed here overnight with my husband. It was one of the only places with vacancies that night, so we weren't sure what to expect with all the noisy and rude prom kids in Wildwood that weekend. But the hotel turned out to be perfectly pleasant. The office staff was polite and helpful, room clean and comfortable,and no problems with noise. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed August 17, 2007

first i will say the staff was rude and when i got to my room it only got worse. there is nothing worse than a dumpy dirty looking rundown motel room and this was it!!! never again!!

Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank cindee740
Reviewed July 17, 2007

Me and my family stayed here for 4 days and I must say we had a great time.Staff was friendly and the beach was only a block away.I agree with the other comment the person left about the lights they look pretty good. Well I recommend this place to families and friends.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 30, 2006

I will start by saying I have not had the horror of staying in a "motel" for quite some time, nor crappy beach motels. This may be the norm but I was not satisfied. Stay was 7/28-7/30.

My friends booked the place for a fun weekend at the beach. When I arrived I was in horror!

The Bad, Ugly:

-Two tiny double beds, the second one flush with the wall, nothing like sleeping next to the wall.
-Holes in bed linens and towels.
-Nothing beats the "hair" (not just from the head!) of strangers in your bathroom and bed linens.
-Rust all over bathtub and sink
-Toilet had unsightly ring around
-No clock at all, no alarm, no wall, nothing!
-Curtains would not close completely. Did not match either, old flower curtains with, what looked like semi-new, yet still dirty, cheap "retro" print green bedspreads.
-Rate was 140/night!!! I have stayed in 4 star hotels for half this price in Major cities (Boston, SF, and Chicago) with priceline. What a rip off! I guess I have become acclimated to clean hotels at great values!
-Tiniest parking lot known to man. Only one car per room (they will tow). It took me a good 10 minutes to back-up out of the parking lot doing 10 three point turns!

The Good:
-There was a refrigerator in room, most modern thing in the room!
-TV selection good, better than most
-Short walk to boardwalk

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
2  Thank vozbelle
Reviewed July 21, 2006

This was like staying in hell. The prices were outrageous and the rooms were atrocious. Blue sinks, yellow tile on wall in bathroom, cigarette burns in carpet, sheets were never changed for the entire week. Musty smell in room. Never again will I stay here!!

Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank way1248
Reviewed April 9, 2006

This hotel is a gem in Wildwood. The location makes it shine as it is an easy walk to the beach and boardwalk. We stayed for 3 days and did not have any problems. I requested and recieved a non-smoking/quiet room.

• Stayed: August 2005