“Wildwood Family Getaway”

Nantucket Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed September 8, 2010

After reading some of the mixed reviews on trip advisor, The Nanucket Motel was a pleasant surprise. The motel's location is unbeatable, literally a minute's walk to the boardwalk. There are a myriad of places of places to eat all within walking distance. For the four days we were there, we never had to move the car once (which is a godsend with kids and all their equipment!) Parking is complimentary and definitely a money saver. The motel itself is a bit dated, but I suppose it is sticking to its' "doo-wop" theme. I wished they had softer blankets and perhaps softer beds. But at least, the place is clean. The staff was attentive and professional. I would certainly recommend this place again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Nightingale75

Reviewed August 26, 2010

I stayed the weekend at the Nantucket and the place itself was ok. It wasnt the actual hotel that bothered me. It was when i returned home a few days later and noticed my account withdrawled! Apparently, they have a problem with the holds they take when you book the room. If you have a TD bank account, "they" say that its the banks responsibility to take off the hold. Well its NOT! Not only was I charged for the room for the weekend, i was charged an addititional $205 dollar hold fee that they never took off!!!! So now, im a student in school with a negative bank account waiting for the nantucket manager to fix this...he says this happens all the time with TD bank. Thanks!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley0605
Reviewed July 10, 2010

My husband myself and our young daughter just returned from a five day stay at the nantucket. The motel is right across the street from the beach and bordwalk which was one of the only good parts about this motel. The other being the clean spacious pool but it was always filled with guests so we couldn't enjoy it that much. Our room was big enough with a king size bed, there was no table or anything just enough space to walk. The bathroom floor felt dirty to walk on, the sink was rusted and small, and the shower only gave out burning hot water even though I had it on cold which was horrible for my baby. The towels were dry like sandpaper and hurt to dry off with. The ceiling tiles were ripped . The maid only took out the trash and gave us cleans towels after 2:00pm our bed sheets were never changed the room wasn't cleaned or vacuumed and they left an envelope for a tip! They had an ice machine down stairs that you have to pay for. We only had 4 channels that worked on out tv, we were on the second floor and there is no elevator or cart to help bring your luggage. Our room was FILLED with ants to the point that we had to hang ALL of our clothing on the rails and the owner acted suprised that they got to the second floor telling me that the first floor got hit hard with them! The dresser drawers had dirt in them, there were hair ties and used paper towels in the drawer. You can only get internet access if you sit at the pool. The owners were nice, the bed was comfy, and the location was great but personally I would never stay there again, especially not with a young child who cant even leave the bed because of bugs.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Pa_momma_10
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We spent 3 nights at Nantucket. Nice staff, but somewhat old interior and worn out furniture was my impression. The location is very good, that is why we chose this motel. The price - a litte too high for the quality, but ok. A lot of noise at night from neighbours - was wondering whether the motel had a night-watch at all? Would not recommend as a first choice to others.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Trixie97
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Had a great time with my 7 year old great-granddaughter. The management and staff were very friendly and courteous. Unfortunately, my car broke down 5 minutes after checking out of the motel. Fortunately, a passing motorist was kind enough to give me a ride back to the Nantucket Motel where the manager Steve allowed me to stay way past check out time. It was a very scary situation for me and my g-granddaughter because most of the motels, including the Nantucket, were booked for the weekend. I managed to call AAA to tow my car to Angelsea auto repair where it was fixed by 4:30 and we were home safely 2 hours later. If you are looking for a nice place at reasonable rates, Nantucket is the place to stay! ! Again, my sincere thanks to Dave and especially Steve for his kindness during a very hectic time. We will be back!!!
PS. My g-granddaughter loved the clean sparkling pool

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank gigiGlenMills_Pa
Reviewed June 14, 2010

This motel is wonderful, we had originally booked our stay at the birds of paradise motel, but that place is a dump, the woman at birds of paradise screwd up our reservations, then called us liars and kicked us out forcing us to find a new motel during senior week, prom weekend. it was a nightmare, after calling like 15 places we booked at the Nantucket, the men managing this motel are wonderful, caring, nice, and accomidating. i will definately stay there again, they have a lovely way of doing business. DEFINATELY stay HERE <3

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank KrisNicole
Reviewed June 6, 2010

A group of 10 girls went here for after there prom.The carpets were filthy and soiled.Same thing for the comforters,There was a hole in the wall.They were there for 3 days and sheets never got changed.Also the dishes were filthy and there wasnt even a sponge to clean them.Very sad way to keep rooms.I would avoid this motel at all cost.I called the manager after we got home and he didnt seem very interested in the condition of the room.Needless to say they will never see us or any friends that were interested i going there.

• Stayed: June 2010