We stayed here during a friend's wedding this weekend. Since we were not planning on spending much time at the hotel, we wanted something inexpensive but clean. We selected this at $85, but ended up being charged just over $100 when we arrived because of surcharges and taxes and fees.
We were just looking for a place to stay near the wedding, but it would be a great location if you wanted to visit the beach. There was a cute deck beside our room that had nice plants and sunbeds and there was a pool. We didn't have chance to use those as there was torrential downpour, but they looked nice.
The room we stayed in had a tiled floor that seemed clean. I walked on it barefoot and I could feel some grittiness - I'm guessing stray beach sand - but it wasn't dirty per se and didn't turn my feet black or anything.
I thought the room was nice and fairly updated. There was a drainage hole in the sink that was open and growing some mold, which I noticed in the morning, and was not nice, but apart from that it was bright and not too shabby. There was a microwave and fridge, and a coffee maker, but sadly no coffee.
I jumped on the internet for a few minutes and it worked fine.
Initially I thought it was somewhere I'd definitely come back to, because it was inexpensive and clean, but there were a couple of downsides:
1) Room had lots and lots of fruit flies. Ugh. I hate fruit flies. Makes you want to throw away bananas and set the house on fire. Well, we were sans fruit, but perhaps the former resident wasn't. There were lots of them. I left paper on my glass to prevent them jumping in. Husband killed several with skilled clapping. I would rate lower for the fruit flies, except it might just be random.
2) Noise. So, the room was next to a walkway and the sun lounging area, and drunk people coming in during the wee hours seemed to think they were outside rather than beside a poorly insulated bedroom. It was again noisy with (I assume different) people from 7am onwards.
3) Husband would rate it 2 stars for having no tissues (who knew that was worth a star?) and because he is a coffee addict and a coffee pot and no coffee is kind of a mean taunt in the morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend your days in Wildwood by the shore seeking sun and sea views. Relax after a full day on our island playground. Our rooms are equipped with utopian dreams. Amusement rides, restaurants and shops give the boardwalk a theatrical backdrop - awaiting your entrance.We are a family operated classic doo-wop inn catering to families and conventioneers. We are located across the street from the beach, boardwalk, Moreys Piers and only 2 blocks from the Wildwoods Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Nantucket Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nantucket Hotel Wildwood
- Nantucket Motel Wildwood