“Clean enough but a bit noisy”

Nantucket Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Washington, DC
“Clean enough but a bit noisy”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed here during a friend's wedding this weekend. Since we were not planning on spending much time at the hotel, we wanted something inexpensive but clean. We selected this at $85, but ended up being charged just over $100 when we arrived because of surcharges and taxes and fees.

We were just looking for a place to stay near the wedding, but it would be a great location if you wanted to visit the beach. There was a cute deck beside our room that had nice plants and sunbeds and there was a pool. We didn't have chance to use those as there was torrential downpour, but they looked nice.

The room we stayed in had a tiled floor that seemed clean. I walked on it barefoot and I could feel some grittiness - I'm guessing stray beach sand - but it wasn't dirty per se and didn't turn my feet black or anything.

I thought the room was nice and fairly updated. There was a drainage hole in the sink that was open and growing some mold, which I noticed in the morning, and was not nice, but apart from that it was bright and not too shabby. There was a microwave and fridge, and a coffee maker, but sadly no coffee.

I jumped on the internet for a few minutes and it worked fine.

Initially I thought it was somewhere I'd definitely come back to, because it was inexpensive and clean, but there were a couple of downsides:
1) Room had lots and lots of fruit flies. Ugh. I hate fruit flies. Makes you want to throw away bananas and set the house on fire. Well, we were sans fruit, but perhaps the former resident wasn't. There were lots of them. I left paper on my glass to prevent them jumping in. Husband killed several with skilled clapping. I would rate lower for the fruit flies, except it might just be random.
2) Noise. So, the room was next to a walkway and the sun lounging area, and drunk people coming in during the wee hours seemed to think they were outside rather than beside a poorly insulated bedroom. It was again noisy with (I assume different) people from 7am onwards.
3) Husband would rate it 2 stars for having no tissues (who knew that was worth a star?) and because he is a coffee addict and a coffee pot and no coffee is kind of a mean taunt in the morning.

Room Tip: Bring your own coffee and tissues!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The associates are very polite. The room was well maintained and accessible to our destination. The boardwalk is across the street and from our room you could see the ocean. Although the roads flood really quick during rain and it was really windy, it was a great weekend to get away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I'm at the Nantucket right now. It is horrible. Rusty pipes, bathroom door knob that doesn't turn, no drawers for clothing - that means nothing to put stuff in. Tiny room. No phones to call the front desk to complain. No peep holes to see who is knocking at your door. Sheets were stained and dirty bed cover too. And this bed is as old as methuselah -- if you sit on it you fall into the middle. Oh and aircnditioning is cold and wet air coming through the unit. The one window in the room whistles with the wind.

I called in advance and asked if A couple and two young children could stay in a king room. I was assured it was acceptable and encouraged. Seems they were just trying to sell the room - I paid in full in advance, so I didn't have any bargaining chips. It is smaller than small. We had to rearrange the furniture to fit the blow up bed for the kids.

When I went up to the desk to request a larger room, although the vacancy sign was lit, I was told they were sold out. When I asked why the sign was lit, I was told we have other properties. Well, if they have other properties to send guests to, then why not send us to another property? the woman at the front desk was unapologetic and not customer friendly.

I returned to the front desk once - to request an extra towel. I was told (by the same woman) there's probably someone in the laundry room - ask them.

So horrible customer service, over promising and under delivering, facilities are icky.
Wish I could get my money back, change hotels, and get a good nights sleep.

Thank god that wildwood itself is fun and we had good weather. We didn't have to be at the motel except to sleep.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank BJS428
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We spent two nights here and we would go back. Our room was on the first floor by the ice machine and where the cleaning staff was constantly doing laundry, and we never heard any noise. We had no problems being right near the grills, no one made noise there either. The room was extremely clean. The beds were comfy and the AC worked so well we had to turn it down at one point. We had two great comfy beds, there were extra pillows on the shelf in the closet area, a nice little fridge(be careful! The cleaning staff unplugs them when they clean to defrost them!), tv, dresser, microwave and coffee maker. If you're looking for simple no frills, this is the perfect place. We did a lot of relaxing, beach and boardwalk time. It was perfect for that. Our neighbors on either side were very very nice. It's a nice family place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My fiance and I wanted to visit Cape May and Wildwood for our anniversary, and we ended up choosing the Nantucket Inn and Suites because it was affordable and had great reviews. We are SO GLAD we did! We stayed for a weekend June 20-23 2013. The hotel is literally RIGHT ACROSS from the boardwalk and is within walking distance of almost every boardwalk attraction. Dave, the owner, was EXTREMELY accommodating and kind, and made sure to answer our every question and need. We would recommend the Nantucket Inn to everyone! Our room was cozy and had a great air conditioner that kept us cool in the heat, and had a STUNNING view of the boardwalk at night. When we return to Wildwood, we will definitely be staying at the Nantucket Inn and Suites!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Stoughton, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 23, 2013

this motel needs major renovation. The rooms are small, carpet is old and ripping. Bathroom is small with a sink,shower and toilet all crammed into a small area. The door appears very unsafe and loose. The best thing about this motel is the proximity to the boardwalk and beach. Also, there is available parking for one car per room.The TV is small and old fashion type ( big tube) that is mounted on the wall with very poor quality. When checking in, be careful of the smooth talking manager that will take your money and point to NO REFUNDS. So, ask to check the room before paying for all your nights stay as it is NON REFUNDABLE if your checkout early. Pool is very small and beware of all the pictures on the website as everything about this motel is not what appears on the pictures !!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank wwnj2013
25hillsideave
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I recently spent the weekend at Nantucket Inn and can honestly say I will never go back. The guy who answered the phone when I first called was extremely courteous and nice, however when we arrived we were not treated with the same friendliness. We arrived earlier than anticipated and when we were about 15 mins away, I called to ask if we could check in early-to my dismay I was told that they were very busy and couldn't check if my room was ready or not. I finally get there and the same guy who answered the phone kept acting as if I was bothering him by asking if we could check in early. Finally, he informed us that we could check in early and verbally told us how to get to our room--which was on a first floor ally, near the bbq equipment where we were literally assaulted with the sound and smell of anyone cooking and hanging out back there. Our room smelled like chlorine the minute we walked in and was the size of a matchbox. Our beds were comfortable and the décor was somewhat modern; AC was loud, but chilled the room so much that I won't complain about the noise it made. The pool looks nice and big on their website, but unfortunately that was not the case. Not only was it a small pool, but it goes from 3 ft to 8 ft without any notice. So your either hanging out with the kiddies in the 3 ft. section or doggy paddling in the 8 ft----no in-between. It also had lots of plan-like leaves and just didn't look clean. I've never stayed at a hotel where you have to pay for ice and was falsely informed that you get a 5% discount if you pay cash--when I pointed out that I didn't get the discount, the rude manager informed me that it was already factored into the price...REALLY --funny b/c that's not what I was told over the phone?! The only redeemable part of this hotel/Inn was its location. Literally across the street from the boardwalk and beach and across the street from a 24 hour Rite Aid.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family