“Cheap - and not the price”

Nantucket Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I'm at the Nantucket right now. It is horrible. Rusty pipes, bathroom door knob that doesn't turn, no drawers for clothing - that means nothing to put stuff in. Tiny room. No phones to call the front desk to complain. No peep holes to see who is knocking at your door. Sheets were stained and dirty bed cover too. And this bed is as old as methuselah -- if you sit on it you fall into the middle. Oh and aircnditioning is cold and wet air coming through the unit. The one window in the room whistles with the wind.

I called in advance and asked if A couple and two young children could stay in a king room. I was assured it was acceptable and encouraged. Seems they were just trying to sell the room - I paid in full in advance, so I didn't have any bargaining chips. It is smaller than small. We had to rearrange the furniture to fit the blow up bed for the kids.

When I went up to the desk to request a larger room, although the vacancy sign was lit, I was told they were sold out. When I asked why the sign was lit, I was told we have other properties. Well, if they have other properties to send guests to, then why not send us to another property? the woman at the front desk was unapologetic and not customer friendly.

I returned to the front desk once - to request an extra towel. I was told (by the same woman) there's probably someone in the laundry room - ask them.

So horrible customer service, over promising and under delivering, facilities are icky.
Wish I could get my money back, change hotels, and get a good nights sleep.

Thank god that wildwood itself is fun and we had good weather. We didn't have to be at the motel except to sleep.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank BJS428

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We spent two nights here and we would go back. Our room was on the first floor by the ice machine and where the cleaning staff was constantly doing laundry, and we never heard any noise. We had no problems being right near the grills, no one made noise there either. The room was extremely clean. The beds were comfy and the AC worked so well we had to turn it down at one point. We had two great comfy beds, there were extra pillows on the shelf in the closet area, a nice little fridge(be careful! The cleaning staff unplugs them when they clean to defrost them!), tv, dresser, microwave and coffee maker. If you're looking for simple no frills, this is the perfect place. We did a lot of relaxing, beach and boardwalk time. It was perfect for that. Our neighbors on either side were very very nice. It's a nice family place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My fiance and I wanted to visit Cape May and Wildwood for our anniversary, and we ended up choosing the Nantucket Inn and Suites because it was affordable and had great reviews. We are SO GLAD we did! We stayed for a weekend June 20-23 2013. The hotel is literally RIGHT ACROSS from the boardwalk and is within walking distance of almost every boardwalk attraction. Dave, the owner, was EXTREMELY accommodating and kind, and made sure to answer our every question and need. We would recommend the Nantucket Inn to everyone! Our room was cozy and had a great air conditioner that kept us cool in the heat, and had a STUNNING view of the boardwalk at night. When we return to Wildwood, we will definitely be staying at the Nantucket Inn and Suites!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013

this motel needs major renovation. The rooms are small, carpet is old and ripping. Bathroom is small with a sink,shower and toilet all crammed into a small area. The door appears very unsafe and loose. The best thing about this motel is the proximity to the boardwalk and beach. Also, there is available parking for one car per room.The TV is small and old fashion type ( big tube) that is mounted on the wall with very poor quality. When checking in, be careful of the smooth talking manager that will take your money and point to NO REFUNDS. So, ask to check the room before paying for all your nights stay as it is NON REFUNDABLE if your checkout early. Pool is very small and beware of all the pictures on the website as everything about this motel is not what appears on the pictures !!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank wwnj2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I recently spent the weekend at Nantucket Inn and can honestly say I will never go back. The guy who answered the phone when I first called was extremely courteous and nice, however when we arrived we were not treated with the same friendliness. We arrived earlier than anticipated and when we were about 15 mins away, I called to ask if we could check in early-to my dismay I was told that they were very busy and couldn't check if my room was ready or not. I finally get there and the same guy who answered the phone kept acting as if I was bothering him by asking if we could check in early. Finally, he informed us that we could check in early and verbally told us how to get to our room--which was on a first floor ally, near the bbq equipment where we were literally assaulted with the sound and smell of anyone cooking and hanging out back there. Our room smelled like chlorine the minute we walked in and was the size of a matchbox. Our beds were comfortable and the décor was somewhat modern; AC was loud, but chilled the room so much that I won't complain about the noise it made. The pool looks nice and big on their website, but unfortunately that was not the case. Not only was it a small pool, but it goes from 3 ft to 8 ft without any notice. So your either hanging out with the kiddies in the 3 ft. section or doggy paddling in the 8 ft----no in-between. It also had lots of plan-like leaves and just didn't look clean. I've never stayed at a hotel where you have to pay for ice and was falsely informed that you get a 5% discount if you pay cash--when I pointed out that I didn't get the discount, the rude manager informed me that it was already factored into the price...REALLY --funny b/c that's not what I was told over the phone?! The only redeemable part of this hotel/Inn was its location. Literally across the street from the boardwalk and beach and across the street from a 24 hour Rite Aid.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 52
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The manager allowed us to check in early, and he was very courteous. The room was small, but it was clean. There was a dorm-style refrigerator, a microwave, and a coffee maker (you bring your own coffee). The AC unit was loud and the walls are thin, so you can hear noises outside. We found the queen size bed was comfortable (hotels seem to always have rock hard mattresses). The staff seemed pleasant and the pool was well maintained. The location is great, literally right across the street from the boardwalk and the beach.
We were gone during the day, so really only used the room for night time. It is an OK motel, nothing really above or below average. Cost was about average for others in this area (and there are LOTS of them up and down the strip, they all look the same).

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor breezeway, so we didn't have to deal with street level noise...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was the first time I had travelled to Wildwood. I travelled with family and friends and we had 4 rooms within our group. Upon arrival the first thing we noticed was how close the hotel is to the boardwalk and the beach. It's in the perfect location, just across the street. We stayed for 5 nights and spent most days around the pool and on the boardwalk. There were 4 of us in our room with 2 doubles. Although we were tight for space it didn't matter because we only used the room to sleep in. The room was clean, beds made every day, clean towels and restocking of toiletries. The maid was fabulous and so friendly towards our crazy group.

This hotel is perfect for a beach location, all the staff are friendly and helpful and the other guests at the hotel were friendly as well. I would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: There are 2 building blocks. Request a room overlooking the pool on the 1st floor. You can see the b...
Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family