“Great location....not so great hotel”

Nantucket Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
New York/New Jersey
“Great location....not so great hotel”
Reviewed October 1, 2007

We were going to the Monster Truck Show at the beach so we wanted a hotel that was located close to the show. The Monster Truck brochure also listed the Nantucket as one of the choices of hotels. The location to the boardwalk and show were great, the hotel however, was like a low income apartment complete with grimmy doors and ants. The managers were nice enough to send someone to clean and spray for the bugs, however at $109 a night, I don't expect the Ritz, but I do expect it to be clean. The carpets were filthy, the furniture was from the 70's, the beds were 2 full size beds and quite uncomfortable. The drawers were falling out of the dressers, there was only air conditioning in 1 of the 2 bedrooms. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and quite frankly, I think that all of the Wildwood hotels seem to be the same. I couldn't wait to get home!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Filthy dirty
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank happycampers925

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Troy
Reviewed September 19, 2007

When we arrived the place looked OK. My mind quickly changed when I went to our room. The room was just being cleaned. There was no cart in site for housekeeping. He was wiping up the kitchen. So I wondered
about the beds and new sheets. The room had paint chipping off the walls. The bedroom furniture was gross. The drawers smelled musty and
the molding was ripped off. I almost wanted to look at the mattress but I chose not to. The bathroom shower curtain had mold on it. The kitchen had crumbs on the counters. I decided to put my own towels down on the bed to sleep on with my daughters. My kids were suppose to sleep on the pull out sofa but the condition of that made me think twice. So my husband slept on that. I had to go down everyday to ask for our room to get cleaned. I had to ask for clean towels, beds to be made and for the floor to be vacuumed. Our sheets were never changed and the bathroom was never cleaned. The rug was so dirty and stained I placed my own blanket down so my 7 month old could play. This was the most disgusting place we ever stayed at. I have to add that the whole week we were here, we were the only guests
so they must of known something that we didn't. I would never ever stay here again or suggest it.

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank Love3KidsTroy
shobster, Manager at Nantucket Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2008
Check in time at the Nantucket is 3 pm. Our maids are trained to have all rooms immaculate in the allotted four hours between check out time and check in time. We do confirm to all guest that reserve that we can not guarantee check in until three but we will try to have your room available as soon as possible. Our maids do not have carts congesting the walkways as this is an inconvenience to our guest. We instead have a maid's closet located on every floor with all supplies. Our sheets are sent out for laundering service to ensure sanitization and cleanliness. We do provide daily maid service each day. Our maids are trained to change trash, clean bathrooms and kitchens and supply fresh linens each day. It is only upon customers request that the maids do not enter the room or give fresh linens.

We do upgrades to furniture and maintenance every winter to ensure our guest are getting the most modern and clean room as expected for their accommodations every spring, summer and fall season.
New Jersey
Reviewed July 27, 2007

Reminds me of the Rainbow Motel in Paterson NJ. And the owner Steve is a thief!! No refunds!! Take you money and RUN!!! It’s the dump of dumps! We left stayed somewhere else afetr being there for a few hours. And they kept the entire 4 night payment!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Its a total dive ... RUN!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank robbyd77
Clarks Summit, Pa
Reviewed July 15, 2007

Me, the wife, and 8month old just got back from a stay at the Nantucket and we were all pleased with the accommodations.

The room was your standard Wildwood hotel room (small room, 2 smaller beds, and a tiny fridge), but it was perfect for us... especially since I waited until 2 weeks prior before looking for a place to stay. It was a clean room, and was kept clean with daily maid service.

The pool was clean as well, and the baby enjoyed the kiddie area.

At first I was disappointed to see that I got a 3rd floor room (no elevator) but the view of Ocean Ave and area was nice! It looks like we lucked out too, because other 3rd floor rooms have a view of a sideroad, or the stairwell.

Funny thing, the post titled "Jail" is what sealed the deal for me when I was looking for a place. The Nantucket is a nice, quiet, family hotel for the most part... especially during the week.

I have been going to Wildwood for 25 years now, and had mainly stayed at the Bonito but that has steadily gone downhill. Another good stay at the Nantucket might make it my new spot.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Wildwood
Reviewed May 27, 2007

It is by far the nadir of places to stay; the staff shows no compassion what so ever, their security force is always following the guests and watching them like they're "parole officers", my stay felt like the delinearizations of being incarcerated

• Disliked — privacy was taken away, the security force watches you at all time, they were "Big Brother"
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank byahcool
Knolls, Management at Nantucket Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 11, 2007
We accepted a prom group for Memorial Day Weekend in 2007. The contractual terms for this group stated that security officers were to patrol the property and enforce responsible behavior. We are a property that caters to families, mature couples and convetions. Thus, when we do make exceptions to this policy we have strickt rules that must be adhered to. The Nantucket Motel has been in business for over 60 years and we take great pride in out history and our guests.
new york
Reviewed October 5, 2006

My family stayed here on our first trip to wildwood in early August. We had a great time in the pool which was enjoyed by all the hotel guest. The weather was extremely hot but our air conditioner was quite cold when we arrived in the room for the day. The hotel housekeeper was very friendly and cleaned our room and changed our bedding daily. Steve the hotel manager was very helpful and I was getting a little worried that we were bothering him to much, but being the professional that he is he continued to help us with area attractions, locations and he let us know about the coupons and various deals in the area for the specific nights. If you are looking for places to eat check out the wildwood convention center for coupons, menus and catalogs for the area attractions. I thought the chinese delivery was a little expensive for my taste. please do not go the the all you can eat lunch barbeque buffet it's advertised in all the catalogs, it is horrible!!!!! Try the Sea & Land all you can eat seafood dinner buffet at the Red Oak Restaurant on 230 east oak avenue. It is clean and the food is quite good. When you go to the boardwalk try the polish ice water and the fried oreos they are good! (please be aware of the seagulls they are waiting to attack all who are eating on the boardwalk......) also take advantage of the 2 for 1 deal @ the water parks on the boardwalk , you'll get your money's worth. Every friday night make sure you see the fireworks on the boardwalk. I would recommend this hotel to all first time visitors. (p.s. sit out on the roof deck one evening and enjoy the views)

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — parking
  • Tips/Secrets — if you travel on the weekends there is a higher rate
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
6 Thank beaches12
Newville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 17, 2006

We have stayed at the Nantucket many times and have always left pleased with the stay. The rooms and pool are always clean, the staff is super nice and its a short walk to the boardwalk. Would reccomend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2005