“Horrible!”

Ranked #59 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Sellersville, Pennsylvania
“Horrible!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This place was absolutely disgusting!! The tile floors were beyond nasty- if you had socks on they were black within minutes and I would not allow my kids to walk barefoot for fear of getting some disease. The bathroom was horrible as well-the water from the faucet trickled out, barely running at all. The water in the shower was so hot it burnt my son's back. The stove did not work and the beds were so hard I was so tempted to go and sleep in my car. The only good thing about this place was the girl at the front desk when we checked in-very friendly. i'm so glad we only stayed one night. Never again at this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EricaP1970

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Only good thing was location. Tile walkways outside , looks great , but a death trap after a rain. Pool area was a free for all , no rules followed or inforced. At one point there was one foot of water in hot tub because the TEN kids in it splashed it all out ,while sign says "no one under 18 ". Will never go back !!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jon S

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel has many issues -

1. The rooms have 'double' beds not 'king' beds as advertised on the site.
2. There were 2 rooms in the suite - Living room and the bedroom. They only have an AC in the living room, which does cool both the rooms coz the suite is not very big, not not uniformly. If its nice in the bedroom, then its freezing in the living room.
3. The floor was not very clean, dont walk around barefoot.
4. There are no no-smoking floors.

Now, I know that Wildwood itself is not a very upscale place, so if you are looking for a resort-type place to go then you dont come here. There were no bugs and there were mainly families vacationing here, pool is nice, gas grills are available, they have a big fridge, microwave and a tiny cooking range, close to the board walk and entertainment parks. So I guess it beats a lot of other motels around this place.

My problem was - We spent nearly 250 a night on a room, which according to me is decent amount of money. This place is really not worth that much money.

(What I heard is if you come here on weekdays it is cheaper)

Room Tip: the pool is on the first floor, if you want a little quieter room, choose one on a different floor o...
3 Thank Jyoti M
Pasadena, Maryland, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Am I the only one that finds this motel fine? The only reason I am giving this three stars is because it is very old and outdated. The doors barely shut but they would eventually. It looks like it has never been updated. If you walk barefoot, your feet will turn black but I expected that because it is a beach motel. I did not expect a five star motel. The only thing that looks like has been updated is the refrigerator. Overall, I would recommend this motel if you are not picky.

3 Thank Tyler C
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had a room with a broken stove the guy came to fix it and it was still not working unless you keep shaking it many times every time you use it and if you are lucky it would work . big Cockroach was a big surprise in the morning coming out from the kitchen sink. The pool and the location was the only thing that I like. After few days i booked in premiere and it was the best.

2 Thank Insgam
Plainville, Connecticut
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This motel was filthy and I would never stay here again. There were tiled floors that I'm not sure were ever cleaned. If you walked on the floor with socks or bare feet they would quickly turn black. The maid service was a joke. Food that was dropped on the floor on the first day of our stay was still there when we left. (It was a fruit loop and I left it to prove the point that they do not clean) Once we were there when the maid came and he stunk so bad of BO that our room smelt horrible when he left. The elevator had a horrible smell as well. The rest of Wildwood was great but this place was a dump.

Albany, New York
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Me and 8 of my friends were scheduled to stay here for a week after making a reservation 8 months prior. The bookkeeper that was spoken to during the reservation did not ask how many people would be in each of the 2 rooms we booked, but said it cannot be more than 6. We show up, and because of their poor bookkeeping skills, they tried to charge us $600 more than what we were quoted, saying we were quoted the wrong rate. They said we could only put 2 adults and 2 children in a room with 3 double beds AND a pull out couch.... They changed their rates in January, but we were unaware and were not notified. We were already priced and paid our deposit. We ended up fighting with them for our money back, after the personnel repeatedly changed their stories and lied to us, saying their manager quit and therefore could not be reached. The supposed "owner" refused to give his name and yelled very rudely at us. After agreeing to pay us back our full reservation and security deposit ($50 pp), they tried to pay us in a check when we were clearly out of state vacationers.

The rooms are old and filty, and there were many damages to the furniture and walls that we saw from previous guests. The sink had no water pressure and looked at least 50 years old.

Please DO NOT waste your time here. It may be close to the boardwalk, but it is beyond an awful experience. We ended up leaving with our money and stayed at Crestview Inn, which was AWESOME! The "owner", as we were leaving, retorted "Good luck finding a place for the same price we have". Well we did, and it was well worth it.

Good luck to you!