See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 18, 2017

A friend who was familiar with the area suggested this stay for our combined vacation. All I can say is wow. Smokers around the pool, loud partying complete with smashing bottles all night long, poor quality of the room, poor bedding (did not sleep at all). Kids were fine because their friends were there, but, yikes! Spend a little more because they had much better options in the area.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

Clean, close to boardwalk and beach. Right in the middle of it all. Owner is friendly and helpful. His dog is large but very gentle and easy going. O
Overall a pretty good experience. We went over Labor Day weekend, the motel was full but by Monday evening we had the place to ourselves. Nice, peaceful, and relaxing!!

Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

BEWARE THE OWNER!! Me, my sister, and her 2 friends were checking out the motel just around the pool area, barely even on the property, when all of the Sudden the owner whose name is Albert Crescenzi, came out of one of the rooms with pepper spray pointed right in our face, screaming profanity, and threatened to beat me up. We told him we would leave no problem, but as we were leaving he then PUSHED both my sister and I! I'm 23 and my sister is 19. At this point, I told him that he's not a man and that men don't put their hands on females. He then put his hands on both of us yet again, and made comments about my weight. I can't write everything he said or it won't let me post the review but he called me fat and continued threatening with the pepper spray, still pointed in our face. Even when we left the property he yelled that I'm fat. I told my dad about this before I called the cops and he called the owner, Albert up because he was pissed. The owner said we woke his 8 year old daughter up, and if I ever came around there again he was gonna put a bullet through my head. I
Filed for harassment, since in the state of NJ pushing females isn't considered assault, and when I read the report and what he had said on it it was FULL of lies, saying we tried to stack chairs to get to the pool and when he told us to leave, we banged chairs against one of the apartment windows....unbelievable. This owner, Albert Crescenzi in my opinion has serious issues and is dangerous. Another man who heard about the incident at the police station even said he knows him and that he's a "jerk" since I can't write what he really said. I'll be seeing him in court

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
7  Thank Erica L
Reviewed July 11, 2016

The employees at the desk had no customer service what so ever. When we asked them about a hair dryer, they said, 'they burn things'. There was no clock, tissues, phone (to call the desk), the AC ran continuously and there were no controls to adjust the temp. The towels were the WORST ever, rough, dingy looking, thin as paper and small. They turn the elevator off at night and don't turn it back on until 8 am and the front desk is not staffed until then, so if you want your $10 key/TV remote deposit back, you need to wait until then before you can leave. When I questioned them about the elevator being turned off, all the clerk said was "well there is a sign posted. Yeah, it was posted, on a 4" X 4" piece of paper along with a ton of other signs. THIS PLACE IS A DUMP, save your money and go someplace else!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless the only thing you want is a good view of the fire works, but only for those on the boardwalk side of the building.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
4  Thank marciavogt0908
Reviewed July 11, 2016

Just some background before I begin. We have stayed at many different kinds of hotels and motels throughout our travels. Some very nice, some middle of the road, and some value properties when we only planned on spending minimal time in the room.This trip fell into the latter category. Our expectations of the Landmark weren't sky high to begin with going into our stay this past weekend (July 8-10, 2016). We have been to Wildwood many, many times before and know that these are not five-star hotels. They are a place to simply rest your head in between boardwalk and beach time. But I feel like the Landmark left us extremely underwhelmed, and we don't feel like our (minimal) needs for the weekend were well-met. Maybe most of this was just our misfortune, because it seems many people leaving reviews here have not encountered many of the things we did, but I feel like our experiences were worth noting (this is my first review ever, I am not one to complain).

I'll start with the pros first. This hotel is in a great location, and I guess that is what you are paying for. You are right in the middle of everything. About a block and a half walk to the boardwalk, right in front of the middle pier. You are also within walking distance of a Rite Aid and a 7-11, they have the Wildwood Farmer's Market on the other side of the parking lot (grab some corn!), and there is an all-you-can-eat buffet one street over (Red Oak Buffet) that serves breakfast and dinner that we thought was a pretty good value for the money. We can only speak for breakfast ($7.99 for adults), but they had a pretty good selection and everyone thought the food was good too. There are a bunch of other sit-down restaurants surrounding the hotel that looked good, though. Plenty to choose from.

On the whole, the Landmark IS clean just like everyone says it is. I think the state of your individual room may depend on WHO cleans it though.

The pool is clean and the perfect temperature, and it was nice to have a small wading area (partitioned off from the rest of the pool by a sort of fence) for my two-year-old to play in. There are also 4 grills to use (if you can somehow get around the people who camp out all day at the corner tables).

The air-conditioning units in the rooms work VERY well. If you like it very chilly in the room, you'll be in heaven. The ceiling fan was plenty for us.

Nice to have microwave and mini-fridge in the rooms.

Now for the cons. The state of our rooms when we arrived was unacceptable. There was a used bar of soap in our shower from the last visitors, an almost-empty roll of toilet paper, and only TWO (very, very small - barely wrap around yourself) towels each (in two rooms meant to sleep SIX each! Seriously?). Even though they are pretty much a hotel room staple nowadays, there are NO HAIRDRYERS here, so make sure to bring your own. (Found out why later, when we overheard a conversation between another guest and a man working at the front desk. She was matter-of-factly told there were no hairdryers here because "they cause fires"? Okay...) There are also no tissue boxes in any of the rooms. I wonder what THEY cause...

When we got into bed that first night, we found two things. One: there were crumbs in the bed. Gross. Two: the sheets do not reach the bottom of the bed? There's a good foot of bed that is uncovered (bare mattress). This was just weird, and was the same in the room my parents were in next door, both nights we stayed here. It made for a very uncomfortable night, sleeping in the fetal position as to avoid the bottom of the bed that was not covered by sheets. Some might ask why we didn't voice our concerns to the front desk at the time. We have seen first-hand and heard of how the staff here treats their guests, and weren't looking for an attitude or an argument. It just wasn't worth it for how short our stay here was.

I can also substantiate some of what other reviewers have said about cold staff at check-in. We passed through the lobby many times to get to the elevator during our stay, and I can't think of one time where we were greeted upon our arrival or departure. I don't need to make a best friend, but it would be nice to at least be acknowledged...no one working here was friendly or welcoming in the least.

You will pay for ice here. 25 cents for a bucket. Not a deal-breaker, but good to keep in mind. This is also noted on their website.

You receive the remote control for the TV at check-in, and must return it at check-out. I guess they have problems with people stealing or losing the remotes? I'm pretty sure you leave a deposit for it too.

This one is not so much a gripe with the hotel itself, but outside noises seem SO loud in the rooms. I guess the walls are paper-thin. We were on the fourth floor (the highest floor) and felt like we were at street-level. Could hear the screams from kids playing in the pool clearly during the day (good to know if you need quiet for a small child who naps like ours does), and I think there is a biker bar across the street or something because we heard the bikes up and down the street all night, late at night while we were trying to sleep (again, loud and clear). The hotel cannot control outside noise of course, just something to keep in mind.

I feel it is worth mentioning that on our second day, we did get four towels instead of just the two we started with, but our room was cleaned pretty late in the day. I think they clean the rooms people are checking out of first. Again, not a deal breaker, but nice to know in any event.

The parking is tight as others have said, and there is not a lot of it to go around. There are two lots, one on each side of the building. One (the smaller of the two) is, I believe, for Landmark guests exclusively. The other is for Landmark guests and other people not staying here that pay them for parking (saw this as high as 25 dollars for 6 hours at 1 pm on a Sunday...wondered how they thought these prices were reasonable as we saw closer lots to the boardwalk for a fraction of the price). Also something to keep in mind - check-out is at 11 a.m. If you were thinking of spending an extra hour or two strolling the boardwalk before you head home, prepare to pay extra to leave your car in the Landmark lot.

To sum it all up, there are much better places to stay for your money in the Wildwood area (even within walking distance of this hotel, we saw plenty we wish we were staying at instead walking to and from the boardwalk). We will definitely be back to Wildwood, but we will definitely not be staying at the Landmark.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family