See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 28, 2008

this motel is the best place ever! the only thing is that they dont have two bedrooms. Other than that I love it. when i read the reviews i was shocked because i stay at the landmark every year, except for one year when i made the mistake and stayed at the isle of the palms. I really love the staff. Who ever cleans the pool does a wonderful job. Take my advice and stay at the landmark!

Date of stay: July 2008
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I planned a girls weekend with my sister and cousin and choose this hotel because of its great location…close to the beach, boardwalk, bars & restaurants…right in the heart of Wildwood. Hotel was ok…didn’t expect much considering it was a typical beach motel. Rooms were small and dingy but fairly clean so I didn’t mind it. Very noisy at night though since there is a strip club right across the street…heard motorcycles and yelling until 3 am!

I had a bad feeling about this motel when I called and booked my reservation. I was asked several personal questions like how old I was, if there were going to be all girls in the room…which I thought this was really strange. The lady at the front desk was extremely rude when I went to check in. The motel had a sign outside their parking lot advertising to the public that parking was $10 in their lot for the day. I inquired about it since I knew my mother and cousins were coming down to spend the day on the beach. It was automatically assumed by the lady at the front desk that I was going to try to “sneak” people into my room and than they were trying to charge me $10/person for them to even come on the property…even though I had no intention of bringing anyone into the hotel…just the beach! Now I completely understand the motel’s rules and policies…they are just trying to keep it a family place (which is kinda funny, considering there is a strip club and the Stardust night club across the street!), but since I was not staying there with a husband and kids I was made to feel like I was some immature teenager that was there to throw hotel parties. (I’m young, but I’m far from my high school/college days!) I’ve stayed in hotels all over the country and NEVER had this kind of experience! Definitely will not be staying at the Landmark again! I felt i was being "watched" the whole time!

Date of stay: August 2008
4  Thank pinklady1281
Reviewed August 4, 2008

This was our first visit to the Landmark. We have stayed at many beach motels in Wildwood and this is one of the best. You can tell that the owners work very hard to keep the motel looking nice. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The price was great for peak season. Our room was "ocean side" and we had a great view of the water park and Morey's pier. The pool was usually busy but again, it was very clean. Very enjoyable stay and we will return!

Date of stay: July 2008
Reviewed May 26, 2008

Just steps away from the Boardwalk and beach, it just could not get any more convenient for my family! Rooms were clean and reasonably priced and the owner, Renee was very friendly and helpful.
We will return again.

Date of stay: August 2007
Reviewed May 14, 2008

The Landmark is what it is... ...a beach motel. Expectations going in should be that it is clean for a beach motel(if you've never stayed at a beach motel, you need to ask someone who has stayed at many locations about the difference here), it is a great location. There are no ocean view rooms; but consider, even when you stay on the beach in Wildwood, you still can't see the water because the beach is 1/4mile wide. We have stayed at the Landmark for three visits in the past and have never had any problems that the owners could have avoided. If you like night life, this could be the best place to stay for it's location. If you are bringing your family, stay in North or Crest instead. My wife and I always look for a good location for walking the entire town so the car never gets used while we are there. I believe this to be the best value in Wildwood for it's location, cleanliness, and price. The owners take care of the property, but it does look like an old beach motel - because it is!

Date of stay: August 2007