“RUDE”

Ranked #47 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“RUDE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Arrived at this hotel from Pennsylvania, July 2013. Was rudely told my rooms had been given away!!! After taking time off of work and getting the kids excited! Never once did I receive a call from this motel. The owner told me to go driving around, maybe there was a vacancy somewhere else!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank MarleyB2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Checked in around 1pm or so on Tues. with kids- Cash $153.00. Dropped off bags headed to beach. Had emergency call (accident at home -PA). Went back to motel around 6pm told the same man that checked us in what was going on and we had to leave. All he said was sorry couldn't give any money back because it was out of his pocket. What a shame!!! Word of mouth travels.

3 Thank vacationwonders

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

cliftonheights,Pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed Sunday July 21st till thursday.location is great. A short walk to waterpark. Boardwalk and Moreys Pier again a short walk. Schellenger Restaurant half a block away with excellent food. many other restaurants within walking distance. very family oriented, people are always friendly. great fun by the pool. My daughters favorite is Friendly Brutus the dog. Been going here for years, rooms are clean and view of boardwalk ferris wheel and ocean is great. making plans to go again.

Room Tip: If you have small children choose pool side. For great view choose boardwalk side 4th floor
1 Thank Carol L
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I spent July 12-15the at the Landmark. The management was pleasant, personable and a joy to chat with. When you have 12 rooms checking in at one time it can be stressful. The managers were able to help switch rooms around to make sure everyone was accommodated. My room was spacious which you don't often receive in motel rooms. I had an apartment size refrigerator, two burner stove, fully stocked kitchen as well as a table for a meal or games. We had an infant with us and his spit up on the floor, typically when you wipe up carpets you expect dirt. We used a clorax wipe and it was clean no dirt. The bathrooms were tiny however wasn't expecting a spa bathroom. The pool was clean, 4 grills you could use if you want to grill. You are a 1.5 blocks to boardwalk.

The motel is exactly what I expect from Wildwood - a little out of date but if you are spending your day in the hotel room then you may want to reconsider your vacation plans. Wildwood is about getting out in the Sand and Surf.

Draw back you are right across from the bikini bar (used to be a strip joint) and a dance club so expect some noise at 1-2 in the morning.

The hotel is located near a few restaurants and an all you can eat buffet. Also about 2 blocks from a 7-11, Rite Aid and laundry mat.

We will be back next year for more fun.

Room Tip: Facing the Boardwalk if you want to see the rides. If you want quiet face the opposite way.
3 Thank cyaltrinnj732
Runnemede, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I spent time at the landmark as a guest of a paying customer. I needed change for the Meter that I parked at so I went to the office and was treated with "attitude". I left my crystal ball at home and didn't know they had a change machine in the lobby. Boy did I hear it. Also, the end unit is a "hospitality"suite. I wonder if that's code for dump? Filthy with a dirty bathroom that doubles as a utility closet for the mop bucket! Would never stay there.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank beckster1967
Oakland, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

The management was very nasty and the hotel room was dirty. The entire atmoshere felt cheesy. We would never return to this location again. I would seriously reconsider any plans that would include the Landamark Hotal in Wildwood, NJ.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank liz o
Barboursville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We've stayed at the Landmark twice now, once in August 2009 and once in August 2012. It's basic for sure - don't come expecting amenities such as a coffee maker, hairdryer, iron, clock radio, tissues, or shampoo. Nor can I argue that the staff are utterly charming - when I called to make my reservation this last time, the guy (apparently the owner) asked me to hold, then put the phone down and, while I was listening, continued his conversation with someone else in the office about what a pit (he actually used a stronger word) Wildwood is and how ridiculous the property taxes are. If I hadn't been determined to stay there based on previous experience, I would have run screaming for the woods. However, it's a decent hotel in a great location. The rooms are large, reasonably clean (although a bit worn), and do feature a sofa bed, microwave, and refrigerator. And for the price (especially if, as we did, you take advantage of the Sun - Fri family special) you just can't beat the location. It's just a couple of blocks from the boardwalk, right near the central of the three Morey's Piers. My daughter uses a wheelchair, and for us, this location is particularly great because it's very close to where you can get the beach wheelchairs. However, I would note that the bathrooms at this motel are not even remotely wheelchair accessible. Because the elevator is a bit temperamental (it was out our entire first visit, and apparently goes out periodically), I would also suggest staying on the ground floor if climbing stairs would be an issue for you. There is a lip on the doorways, but staff can supply a wedge for easier wheelchair access. My last note for wheelchair users is that there is a parking lot between the motel and the boardwalk that does not have curb cuts, which we were able to pop wheelies over with our daughter's manual wheelchair, but this could be a problem for a power chair. I *think* the sidewalk on the other side of the street is clear. Finally, other people have mentioned nightclub noise. We did find this to be a problem one night on our first stay, but not on our second. Both times we were on the same side of the motel (the boardwalk side) as the nightclub, but the second time, we were farther away from the road (and therefore the nightclub), so I don't know if that made a difference. I would consider staying here again, and would recommend it for people looking for easy access to the boardwalk and beach at a bargain price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family