See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I've been staying at the Landmark Motel for my last 5 annual trips to Wildwood. The Landmark is everything it says it is!! Affordable, clean, close to everything and the owners are friendly & helpful. After reading some of the reviews, I must say that I am totally shocked!! Never I have had a bad experience at the Landmark. I recommended to friends and collegues, and all have had a great vacation there. This year, I was pleasantly surprise to find that the new desk person speaks French, which is certainly helpul for us French Canadians that like to vacation in the States! :)
PS: In 98 degree temps, anything would melt fast!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sightseer021
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I went down to wildwood on a whim and could not stay at my normal place. I thought this place would b cool. First they lied on the phone i asked if they have any room facing the ocean, they told me no that the motel is faced the other way. Well, when i checked in it does have room facing the boardwalk and ocean , second I WAS treated like I am BOTHERING them to check in. This place was so rude , no people skills AT ALL!!!! Then they told me if I have any visitors they each have to pay 10 bucks and if they want to park they have to pay 5 bucks. What is the worst is u have to pay for ice!!! Get REAL!!!! AND ITS ICE CHIPS TO MAKE IT WORSE!!! iT MELTS IN 5 MINUTES!! I will never stay there again and i even told people there about the motel i allways try to stay at. I have never met such a rude and inconsiderate owners in my life. When u own a motel or hotel PLEASE people make you guest feel comfortable and WELCOMED!! Or you will not see them back again. And if you want to grill, you better hope its before 7 the pool closes then and the grills are in the pool area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank padrew
Reviewed June 25, 2011

First off we enjoyed our trip it was AWESOME! My first impressions are always correct and they were right on the money, the owners are very approachable and nice to talk to, Helen at the front desk is nice and enjoyable to talk to as well plus the gentlemen who does the upkeep on the Landmark is out till 2am working and keeping the motel beautiful..... He does a job! The housekeeping is very good at what they do the rooms are very clean when they are done. The pool is Big and very clean probably one of the best pools in Wildwood and having 4 gas grills inside the pool area is awesome for the whole family.

When it comes to Handicap accessibility the best I've stayed at in all of Wildwood N.J other motels should take note and learn what the Landmark has to offer. Looking at the reviews people submit the only thing I will comment is the noise, people need to understand everyone goes on vacation to have fun and relax, every motel has their noise problems but they do get rectified if they happen.
Again Awesome place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Flyerfan10
Reviewed July 1, 2010

I was a Guest (as in, I did not rent the rooms, i was an extra person who came down for two days. I had no problem parking far away for free and paying the extra 10 dollars. though, I paid in advance, 20 dollars for two nights. I asked the OWNER , that if i decided not to sleep over the second night, that I'd get my 10 back. He even wrote it down. Turns out, I could not stay the second night, so I went to the office like he said, only some extremely rude woman who works there (mentioned in other reviews) simply refused to give me my money back, for the night that I did not stay. She says that since I am on the property after 11Am that that counts as a full day. Though i only stepped foot onto the property that day to get my money back for the night I was not using. The OWNER himself says that if I did not want to sleep over a second night, that I can get the money back. I then made it aware that she must be the same woman in the other bad reviews of the motel, and then she not only threatened to kick me out (I was leaving regardless) but to also kick out the original renters of the room, who still had more days. Very immature and unprofessional, Especially since her boss PROMISED (I asked him to promise that i can get the 10 back) .

Now, on to the motel itself.

Pros- Close to Boardwalk, close to restaurants, nice pool area

Cons- Not family friendly. It's right across the street form a seedy nightclub and and an even seedier STRIP/GO-GO dancer club that is loud and open until 3AM. I actually saw a drug deal in front of the strip club, which is directly across the street. The air conditioning is very low powered. Furniture is very dated, and the rooms were not clean. Beds are smelly, and old, hard, and lumpy.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank nder1017
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Where shall i start? My husband and i stayed here last year and we didn't have any problems. However, this year my mother in law and her husband came up for the day and the owner told her that there is a $10 charge just for her and her husband to be on the property. Also, on Saturday another one of my inlaws stopped at the front desk to find out what room we were in and they were also told they had to pay $10 each just to be on the property. They were followed to our room and the owner was very nasty and unprofessional.
Horrible experience. I have been to many motels and hotels and have never heard of this charge before. If this is their policy it should be in the brochure as well.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple