“Typical Motel”
Review of Daytona Inn

Daytona Inn
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good location for main boardwalk but over priced for the state of the room. We wanted to leave after the 2nd night but they would not refund the rest of our stay due to "Policy" and we were forced to stay for 5 nights since they had already charged our credit card. We found better rooms with ocean view at a cheaper price just south of this motel. This is just your typical motel, old beds, old tube tv, kitchenette only had one burner working. BBQ's on site didn't heat higher than 200, pools were chlorinated in the morning without any warning to swimmers - my kids had blurred and burning eyes. Staff are not provided with proper keys to access rooms - in case of emergency. Would not recommend this place to anyone!!
The cleaners were extremely helpful and checked on us daily to ensure we were well taken care of. We tried to talk to the owner to address the issues but he refused to listen to us. Owner and office management has attitude! We will not be returning on our next stay in Wildwood.

3  Thank Chantal N

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were able to get a rare weekend away from our young children August 17th and 18th. We were thrilled to stay at the Daytona Inn! It was my first time in Wildwood, and the hotel offered us easy access to the Boardwalk due to its proximity! We had a corner, Queen sized room. It was very clean, and the bed was so comfy! The water pressure in the shower was wonderful; very surprising for a motel. I loved that the floors are tiled! That way, no sand in a carpet in a beach town!

We experienced excellent customer service, and any/all questions were answered and were helpful. John was very nice and helped us find restaurants, etc. We had no issues with WIFI, so that was not an issue at all. We are already planning to go there for a few days end of next summer, with the kids next time! I wouldn't think of staying at any other place!!! Go there, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had a great time here. The staff was excellent, the rooms were well maintained, the pools were beautiful, the location can't be beat (so close to the beach and boardwalk), and the price was super reasonable. I would gladly recommend this hotel to friends, family, and anyone who will listen! Had a great time and we will definitely be back.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend & I took a last minute trip on a Friday & Saturday. We stayed in a double room. The room was decent. Very typical motel amenities. Older tube tv, cheesy bedspread, one if those shower heads that comes out like little needles. The bathroom smelled a little musky, but we were able to keep the bathroom window open & shut the door to prevent it from stinking the room up. The location is great, it is close to the 50's diner & 2 blocks to the boardwalk. The motel has two pools, both are not heated. I didnt go in either but they both looked clean. The guy who runs the place is a super nice normal dude. We paid close to $400 for the two nights during prime vacation season & on a Fri & Sat night. I think that's really crazy, but its wildwood.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great place! We went there on a family trip, and we couldn't have had a better time. The rooms and the pools were immaculate. The staff was super-friendly, helpful, and available for any questions we had. The price was extremely reasonable, and my family and I won't hesitate to come back from now on. Great location, close to all the attractions and the beach. As a matter of fact, we had such an excellent time, and we were so impressed with the Daytona and their attentive staff that I had to write this review, and recommend it to everyone I know.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here because the hotel we normally stay at (currently ranked No. 1 in Wildwood) was sold out. The Daytona charged just as much as our normal hotel, but did not provide anywhere near as positive an experience.

Pros:
* Clean
* Quiet - it's a "families and couples" place, with no frat boys or "Girls Gone Wild"
* Close to the beach

Cons:
* The Internet connection is awful. It did not work at all inside our room; we had to sit outside to obtain and maintain a connection. We complained to the manager (owner?) but since he'd already gotten our money, he didn't care.

* The TV is very old, has the chintziest selection of channels I've seen since the old rabbit ear days, and some channels have poor reception. I could have dealt with the TV being old if, at least, it had more than a small handful of channels and if the reception had been good.

* The "in-room coffee maker" was one of those garbage one-cup things, and no coffee is provided in the lobby. We had to drive to Wawa every morning to get a cup of coffee (there is a Dunkin' Donuts on the boardwalk at the motel's cross street, but we didn't want to pay their outrageous prices - and we shouldn't have had to).

* The telephone did not work at all, so if I needed to call the office, I had to walk down there. This would not have been a big deal if it had been the only problem (that's what cell phones are for) but combined with everything else, and the manager/owner's indifference, it bothered me.

* The room was small, the bathroom screamed 1964, and the room was not set up to maximize space; there was no table to sit and eat at. Again, I'd normally not have a beef with these things--they are common at the Shore--but the lack of other amenities made it stand out.

Bottom line:
If you don't care about amenities, and you don't have a problem with the hotel prominently advertising "free Wifi" that does not work inside your room, this place isn't the worst choice you could make. However, it certainly isn't the best one. The top hotel in Wildwood, our regular hotel, is clean and quiet, is the same distance to the beach (about 3 blocks east of the Daytona), has free coffee on the patio in the mornings, Internet service that works, modern TVs with a nice channel selection, and rooms that, while not larger or significantly more modernized, are set up better, with a small table for eating and reading...all for THE SAME PRICE as the Daytona, and in some cases (if you snag a special) LESS MONEY. Why pay the same price, or more, and not get as much?

Room Tip: Rooms are very small. "Deluxe Queen Poolside" has no table for eating or reading; not sure...