“One stop shop!!”

Providence, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“One stop shop!!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Where do I begin? I've visited wildwood ritually for 20+ years.

This shop is fairly new...

Everything about the shop shines! (Especially their personalities.)

I can go to this shop for the sunblock lip protection to pool toys to all types of clothing and you can't forget their selection of souvenirs. (They even have home decor!)

I'm a big fan of in and out shopping and this store really gets an a+ there.

I will always return to 5 mile marketplace.

Thanks guys! Keep up the great work.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank shoregal10

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Be careful of Five Mile Marketplace.”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Recently went to five mile marketplace because they have a 25% off one regular price item. Wanted to pickup a wildwood t-shirt. You pick a shirt and decal and they hot press it on for you. I considered this a "one item" purchase but just to be sure I asked the person behind the counter. She said yes it is one item. If it wasn't one item no big deal we would have simply walked out. We walked around and finally decided on the combination. By this time a younger blond female named Liza was behind the counter. She made the shirt and rang it up. The number seemed high but I didn't have the receipt yet. I should have stopped right there and questioned it. When I got the receipt she only took 25% off the decal. When I explained to her that what she charged me was not what I was quoted earlier, she became rude, arrogant, abusive, and almost jumped over the counter to point to the sign "all sales final". WOW! I told her that doesn't give you the right to overcharge me. I told her I did not want the shirt as I was charged something different from what I was told. All she could say during between her rudeness was ALL SALES FINAL. I told her fine I would dispute the charge and she could spend an hour answering to the credit card company. Finally another clerk overheard what was going on and told her he doesn't have to take the shirt just give him his money back which they finally did. Walked down a hundred feet to another store and got the same exact shirt (right down to the brand/size/color) and decal for even less than the Five Mile Marketplace discounted price WITH NO DISCOUNT. Moral to this story is coupons do not always lead to lower prices and Five Mile Marketplace has the rudest arrogant employee I have ever encountered (Liza). The clerk who finally did the refund was very nice and never uttered a bad word. Liza should be fired.

Visited August 2013