“Awesome Breakfast”

The Waves Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Wildwood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: The Waves Restaurant serves home style food including Home made pancakes, Fresh fruit smoothies, Banella (a Waves original), and our own dish, The Family Favorite. We are open weekends in May and June. Please check us out on Facebook for updated hours and menu specials. Opening May 22nd for the 2015 Season. Come on in!
Reviewed September 3, 2014

What a great addition to the breakfast scene in the Wildwoods. The food was great as was the service. We were a party of seven and leave it to me to want something that was not on the menu. When I asked if they could go off script a little to prepare my favorite breakfast (chipped beef over waffles), they were more than accommodating. The Waves has become my go to spot for breakfast at the shore.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Quality food and the russian waitress is a doll. Very tasty, but the place was empty. Not the best visable location. I hope they make it.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

The Waves is a new addition in Wildwood. We read about it in one of those newspapers and tried it. The food was great. I'm pretty fussy about my pancakes, and these were top of the line, fluffy and moist! My husband had a breakfast sandwich that could have easily fed two people. The place is big, clean and bright. The portions are generous and the service was good.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Facing me on a plate was a " TALL WAVE" with an air of supremacy. Three pancakes of large diameter.Served hot, thick and fluffy with a side of butter and warm syrup in a small pitcher. Slight buttermilk flavor. Pancakes had a slight "cake" flavor and taste, which many people would find satisfying. No doubt in my mind, these pancakes are made from scratch and great care is taken in preperation.
My ideal of buttermilk pancakes are large ovals that fill the plate, served slightly browned and thin, maybe crispy on the edges, with a strong flavor of buttermilk. So delicate and fulfilling, you can eat several with butter and syrup, and still not feel bloated.
A few places in the Adirondacks and Catskills still do this. Pure maple syrup is served. Tapped locally, it is pure, organic, and wholesome. Place fresh butter on cakes and observe as it melts. Pour syrup on cakes and take my first bite. Add a little more syrup and now I am in the zone of "pancake happiness". I just did not want to drive 400 miles today for breakfast.
An easy and quick fix for "Maple Syrup Dilemma " is to mix Half pure syrup with half pure honey. Taste is almost as good as pure syrup and really extends a budget.
My opinion is 90% of customers who sample the Waves pancakes would love them. I am in the 10% , which, unfortunately, is my station in this life.
Service was quick, polite and efficient. Offered extra butter and syrup several times.
Easily passed the "ICE WATER TEST " I order a glass of ice water in a large glass and do not get a stare like I am from "MARS"
The manager / cook walks over and introduces himself. I ask if they offer any specials ? Yes, he replies, two eggs, meat, potatoes, coffee or juice for $ 4:99.
We reminisce fondly of our time in South Fla. People, climate, beaches, cities, towns, low taxes and crime, fruit, weather that is always the same...
Will I return ? Well, maybe not to South Fla.
But, I will definitely return to the Waves. Still have to try the lunch menu. Next time, I'll order a coffee, along with my ice water.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

My three friends and I decided to go to Waves because it was the closest breakfast place that was open at midnight. This little restaurant is hidden by Alfe's restaurant but to our surprise it was fantastic. The head waitress was awesome and very friendly. I give her a lot of credit for staying those late hours of the night until morning. My French toast had a great presentation and it was delicious. My one friend had the "hangover burger" that was a burger with an egg on it. It looked awesome and she enjoyed it. I definitely will visit again next time I am in Wildwood and it is such a shame that it seems to be hidden with its delicious food it makes.