“decent food at a decent price”

Pasta Pesto Italian Grill
Ranked #27 of 166 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The food was good, the service reasonable, the prices affordable. Decent place a couple of blocks off of the beach. would repeat

There are newer reviews for Pasta Pesto Italian Grill

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Pasta Pesto was a disappointment after having read such good reviews about it. The food was mediocre and the restaurant was very loud. We ordered the bruschetta appetizer and it came out as the bread they give you for the table with some tomatoes and cheese on top. The saganaki wasn't warm when given to us. The meals were decently sized, however, majority of the dish was covered in pasta that was supposed to be a side. Although the food was decent and the restaurant loud, the decor was lovely and our waitress was very nice. Overall, I would not go back to Pasta Pesto- there are other Italian restaurants in Wildwood that are of much better quality.

1  Thank stephb9
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This was a casual but neat restaurant...not really for those who are in bathing suits and coverups. Price was fair food was good

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We went for our final night of vacation to this restaurant. This was our 5 th visit in last 2 years. In the past the service and food was enjoyable, unfortunately, this was a horrible experience. The waitress was a foreign girl who was training a new waitress. We placed our orders for myself, my husband and my 7 year old son. The salad came which seemed very wet. When I got half way through, I found it was filled with a large amount of dirty water. Still I said nothing. The people next to us got salads, appetizers and there meals, still no food. After 40 minutes, our food came, all Luke warm. My son got pasta with butter, which was lacking the butter. We asked the waitress for butter for this and she brought 4 frozen packages which wouldn't melt bc the food was cold. I ordered chicken with a side of pasta and red sauce. I got cold mushy chicken on plain pasta no sauce. The chicken was stringy, and after 2 bites, I got her attention and told her I didn't like it. She told me I didn't order red sauce and picked up the plate and went away. She came back 10 minutes later and said the kitchen wanted to know the issue bc there was nothing wrong. I explained the problem again, but no apology and was quite irritated with me. My son asked if he could have his pasta warmed with all his good manners, she made no response, took the plate, warmed up food, brought it back, threw it on table, said nothing. it was so hot it was brown and burned his mouth. My husbands lobster ravioli was cold but he ate it and we asked for the bill. No one came to ask if there was anything they could do, in fact when we left, the usual friendly good nite was a back turn. I can honestly say, I never ever send my food back or complain about service. It is not in my nature. I can't put into words how rude this girl was and how bad our food was. Maybe it is her way or her culture. She should not be in the service industry, let alone train someone. I paid $50 which was $50 dollars too much. I ate a Dairy Queen hot dog after for a dollar that nite. Believe me, much better. When we left the restaurant, a group of people asked how the food was. We were courteous and said it was usually a good experience, but tonite wasn't the nite to ask us.

2  Thank Kerry R
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Good spot! Food is very good; the staff is friendly and attentive. Our server, Mark, did everything he could to make our meal enjoyable, yet he was not overbearing. Because the restaurant caters to families it can get a bit loud, but it doesn't detract from the total experience. A must for Wildwood vacationers.